1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many people have permanently displayed homes for their dolls?

Jan 16, 2007

1. I built a castle tower that sits on top of a round glass table. I made stained glass windows and the fireplace too. Lot of photo's on my doll journal and on Belsant Tower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. My tiny has his whole "living room" on display on my floor, though Its in disrepair right now because of school and what not, by the way Secret, that is one the most beautiful displays I've ever seen o.o

3. Gosh, I wish I had room in my place to build my girls a room. For the moment, they just live on my bed.

4. All of my dolls' rooms (which I use in my photostories) are semi-permanent setups in my own bedroom. Claude's room is in one corner, Azsh's in the other, Rin's is under my dressing table, and Shibu's is under my drawing/sewing/painting table. I leave most of it in place all the time, aside from the table/shelves in Claude's room, which I move unless I'm doing a photoshoot.
      I'm quickly running out of room for rooms, though. :sweat I just added a little "reading nook" kind of room in front of my closet...blocking the door, so I'll have to move it every time I want to get into it. *heh*
      I've always liked minature things...so setting up rooms for my dolls and finding props for them is entirely too much fun. ^o^

...oh, and, note: this is all in a 10 ft x 10 ft bedroom. No, I'm not sure how it all fits...it just does. X3 (...probably helps that my bed is a platform futon in the middle of the room) *heh*

5. I'm not creative enough to make a home for them. ToT

6. Lucifer has his "apartment" in a corner of my room.

I moved a couple of my smaller cabinets into my bathroom/closet area, and moved my one tansu over closer to the tansu I use as an altar.

He started out with a sort of combination murphy bed, closet and dressing table piece that I bought from American girls, a small couch, futon chair, a couple small tables, his black altar chest, and his motorbike. ^_^

Lue's place:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He has since aquired two small step tansu, a small Asian styled chest, a purple amoire that contains a computer desk, a desk chair, a large sideboard type chest with drawers, and two small wood and glass display cases.

Most of his newest aquisitions are sitting here and there in my room, since there isn't any room in his "apartment"...

at least, not until I can move one of the glass front bookcases out of my room and give him more floor space!

Lol, at this rate his "apartment" is going to take up half my bedroom! ^_~

7. Wow~ It's so nice to see all the lovely setups you guys have!!
      It gives me inspiration to do rooms for my own dolls.
      Keep it up~!

8. I have five dolls in a tiny one bedroom apartment. I live with my partner and three cats and everything doll-related has to be in the bedroom, which is a no-cat zone. There is like... no room for anything... BUT I cleared some things off a dresser and started putting furniture on top of that. I have anothe dresser on one side, and a CD tower backed up against the other side. I bought a bathroom rug and a placemat to be the rug/floor, and taped up wrapping paper as wall-paper. With some editing of photos, it works pretty well, and looks like an enclosed space.

I don't have any current photos where you can see all of it but here are some examples.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I leave everything out but sometimes when guests are over I find my boys mysteriously rearranged... ;3

9. That is incredibly cool! :D

10. I have an SD sized double bed and some chairs, but I can usually only see about 80% of my floor on a good day, so when the bed it out it totally EATS my room, so I have to pack it away most of the time ^^; I have far too much stuff. XD In the summer; I intend to relocate Scaramouche's bench to the garden and use the resulting free space to keep the bed out on a more permanent basis (Yes, I have a park bench in my room. XD; And then still wonder why I have no space.......)

[​IMG]

11. That castle set is fantastic. :)

I'm really looking forward to doing some setbuilding, but I need to focus on dollbuilding first. :roll:

12. I have a "set" area in my doll/sewing room that is comprised of a low table, a back drop wall that I can hang various fabrics or posters from, and a stable of furniture that I have bought or built to create various room scenarios for photo shoots.

It's an ever changing set and gives me alot of versatility.
      Here's a pic
      [​IMG]

Usually I leave four dolls sitting in the "set", two are always sitting on a sofa or chairs near my computer, and two live on top of my bedroom dresser.

I like the set up as I can have a few dolls around, without it seeming like the house has been taken over by dolls.

13. Thanks for the comments on Belsant Tower! I got the idea from wanting to have a room at a comfortable level, not on the floor which was so uncomfortable in a photoshoot. I had the round glass table in my sewing room, so I decided to build on that...then I could sit comfortably and play.

I found pre-cut styrofoam blocks on ebay and glued them together, then painted them to look like stone, and weathering plain gray paint with a sponge dipped in black and white paint. It is incredibly strong, but lightweight. I used foam core board for the floor and peel and stick tiles. The castle tower is glued to the floor. What I would do differently: used caulking rather than white glue. White glue slips whereas when I used caulking the bond was immovable. The right wall edge is wavy from slipping. But then again, these castle towers were not always engineering perfection!

The stained glass windows were clear plastic squares made for glass painting. What I would do differently: bought the clear sheets before building the castle, so they would have fit better. It was an afterthought, originally the windows were to be open.

I don't consider this a "set" even though it is a big part of Ismay's story of being locked in a castle tower. Originally it was to be her home, a place of her own so she could have things in her scale. If there had been enough blocks, I would have added a second story so that she could have a bedroom. Sigh....that's the only wish I have.

14. I was discussing this with my friend the other day, not that i have any furniture yet but space for this sort of thing seems a real problem. If someone could work out how to make collapsing sets then they could make a real fortune was the general end comment really. I can see how it would be technically possible but i dont think we are quite up to the challenge versus how picky we are about detail. Some great ideas on here though, thankyou for the photo inspiration.

15. I have a room for my dolls in the corner of my "current" bedroom. My dolls are living on top of an old ( I mean old) card table. They have there own computer, couch, chairs, and a few toys. I am going to have to expand it though because I only have room for two and I have my third on the way.

16. Wow, some of you have fantastic set-ups! At the moment I'm having to rely on standard Volks furniture (which I'll eventually get someone to make new covers for as I can't sew beyond buttons), and am looking at various things for use as cupboards etc, but I am definitely going to make the beds myself and have already designed them in a modelling program I use for my architectural renderings. It's been 35+ years since I did woodwork, though, so I'm having to learn all over again. Once I've done a decent job, I'll place that as a tutorial on my website.

17. Oh my Gackt, what an great idea! * drools *
      I wish I could have a thing like that, but when you live in the same room as your sister, it's alil hard

18. not yet but i want to. AT the moment I just finished my first doll, working on her sister, and then going to work on a proper display for them!

19. The Haven Way gang have a living room that they sit in all day in my room. I dont have access to the images right now but if you look through the threads i've posted you can see it. its been slightly updated since then and is begining to take up space in other areas of my room. I'd love to learn to build sets though! that would be soooo cool!

20. I have just designed my boys area, i'm getting another doll soon so i need to make it bigger, I was going for a warehouse/industrial feel. 90% of everything i jacked from my pa's work shop(he has 2 of everything)
      [​IMG]
      i did leave the painting couch and armour