1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much do you think you've spent in total on your dolls?

May 1, 2021

1. I made my first order in November, and in 6 months I've spent ~3k. I felt a little bad making big purchases for myself, but I got over it pretty fast. My doll purchases money were coming out of my 2020 fun/entertainment fund. It has not been a fun year, so I have lots of money earmarked for eating out/traveling left. There's one more doll I really want, but after that I think I will be done for a while.

2. I protect myself by not thinking of such things. My current crew including orders must be around $10k, plus there's a ton of clothing, accessories and such stuff, so I'd estimate around $20k. I sell and buy stuff so much sometimes that I cannot really estimate, but probably that's the "net" spending judging by how much salary I got paid within last years and how much of it I managed to save. (I buy nothing but dolls and my living costs are standard for each month, so it's pretty easy calculation.)

3. <3 <3 <3
      They really try to pound it out of you don't they? So glad you're remembering too.

I just remember one day sitting outside contemplating the awe people would have for the brief moment I'd mention my artistic side in interviews for technical jobs... clearly they knew that this creative part of me was so important to my ability to problem solve, and yet the jobs themselves allowed no creativity, and certainly no time or energy for it outside of the work.

Keep remembering the "what" you describe here.. and it'll come back much more quickly than you realize as long as you feed it. Doing so is worth it's weight in gold when it comes to our happiness!

4. I've been hired to jobs specifically because of my artistic side.. and then put in positions that disallowed any space or time for creativity. It's frankly insulting after awhile.

But dolls and d&d have really started me drawing again, as well as pursuing the more wibbly wobbly artsy skills that I haven't in a long time because they didn't have "market value". All the things I'm not "good enough" to sell, but enjoy nonetheless. I forgot how much I enjoyed them for myself and how society stomped the enjoyment away before.

Getting this back is worth the money I've spent, no matter what anyone else says.

5. I've spent more than I want to think about :XD: Over the last six or seven years, I've probably gone into this hobby for 8k. Spelling it out like that makes me feel so weird. I could have spent that money on other things, but I try to remember that it's all been money I have saved specifically for this hobby. That was the purpose of it.

6. Well I'm in the hobby since 2013 and I guess I spent 3 or 4.000€ in the dolls itself the clothes, wigs and stuff not included. XD

7. With a collection numbering 50 that includes:
      Two Resin Enchanted Dolls
      Two Popovy Sisters Dolls
      Several Kaye Wiggs dolls
      Magic Mirror dolls
      Miracle Dolls
      Bardo Research
      Triffony Artworks and
      Several Doll Chateau, Iplehouse, Soul Dolls, Pipos, so many more
      A collection of custom art bjds
      Hundreds of wigs, dresses, eyes, props and shoes (including silver ones for the RED girls) and does not include floating heads and all the custom faceups.
      The last estimate for my insurance company was nearly $80K and that is just the original cost.

8. @lostkitten
      Wow!!!! <3 Your collection is amazing! I took a quick trip to your profile and felt absolutely enchanted. I hope they bring you SO much joy.

9. Thank you! (Blushing) I love my collection and they give me much solace. Between a stressful job and my cat rescue of often badly abused animals, they bring me the peace and joy my heart craves.

10. I wanna say about $2k... I go for teeny tiny dolls which helps my bank account, thankfully. They’re just too cute!

11. I have no idea, and wouldn’t even know where to begin counting, especially because I’ve sold so many dolls, and then used that money to buy more dolls. Like does that get counted once or twice? lol

I do know after reading this thread that I’ve spent more on wigs than some people have spent on everything. Damn alpaca wigs sucking me in and making me not want to buy anything else. :sweat

12. Probably 3k? I'm not sure tbh

13. you guys are racking up them numbers :chomp::chomp::chomp:

14. As a newbie, after reading this post I am QUAKING lmao

15. You're what :mwahaha:mwahaha:mwahaha

16. [​IMG]

17. You have made my day oh my god LOOOOOL
      I'm about to add 4k to my list....

18. @Fayoka As an avid spongebob fan .... I relate SO hard to this meme. LMAO

19. I'm new to the hobby (only been doing it for about a year) and I've probably spent at least over $3k USD, and that is just on dolls. I wouldn't be able to give a good estimation on clothes, face-up supplies, etc.

20. I have been collecting BJD's for a year now I have spent around $3000 on just dolls. Yikes! The good side is I currently have no other purchases planned. I try to offset the cost by making their clothes. I tried eye and wig making and that didn't go well. I've probably spent $200 on eyes and wigs.