1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much physical contact do you have with your dolls?

Feb 13, 2011

1. I usually let them sit out at night, even though I have very thick black curtians for the day, and let them chill out but I dont have the out much during the day. I dare not sleep with mine due to worry of pushing it off the bef like a stuff animal or my cellphone. XD Now I do take the out during the day for pictures but not as much as I used to. When I was first into the hobby, a noob or sorts, I held my KDF ani everywhere and he yellowed a little fast (only a little) and it scared me to much to have him just hanging out during the day. =D

2. I have Emma sitting on my desk right now, and she's been that way for a few weeks. Last weekend, I put her in a pair of jeans that stain her, and have not taken her out of them (bad owner, I know :))

This semester is going to be a bit of a strain on my BJD habits (though I am saving for another one). I had a nervous breakdown last month, had to study for my GRE exam, and am working on my applications for grad school. Senior year is never a good time for free time... ;)

3. I don't handle them terribly much I guess. Mostly unless I'm changing their clothes or taking photos, they sit in boxes or on my shelves where I can see them and admire their prettiness. I don't feel a need to carry them around or have them with me by any means.

4. Well. If oils from skin and too much touching kills resin, the boy sitting on my PC is ten times death :) Maybe that I have extremely dry hands is saving him.
      I drag mine a lot around the house, between my home and my parents house, to visit friends,... I believe they're glad when they can sit undisturbed for at least a day. And then I have to brush their hair and adjust their clothes and ... without taking a single photo *sigh* because if I have dolls with me, I don't have my camera and if I'm miraculously holding a camera, there's no BJD in 200 meter radius :doh
      On top of it I'm not bothered by yellowing (bad BJD mom is bad). It will happen over time anyway, so the only thing saving my little friends from walkies is thick downpour of rain.

5. I try to handle, fix, and make more props/clothes and other things for my dolls at least every few days. I want them to be a creative hobby but no thanks to work and running around like a headless chicken sometimes its hard to do.. I shouldn't be handling my E.I.D that often. Dyed and he isn't sealed yet :T Last thing I want to do is do ANOTHER boiling dye bath.. -_-;

6. I'm pretty much always playing with my dolls. Every now and then I go through periods of a month or two where I don't mess with them, but for the most part I play with someone at least once a day. (Right now Jab is getting a lot of attention. Holy Grail GET!) I especially like changing my Unoa into all kinds of things.

When they aren't being played with they're at least always near me in my room, so that's nice too.

7. A lot actually. I always have doll sitting next to me. My computer desk is where most of my tinies sit. When I am bored or thinking about a project I often play with one of them. Pukis are especially good for brain storming. When I am watching tv I often have one of my larger dolls on my lap. I think if I couldn't touch them I would have never stayed with the hobby as long as I have.

8. I read someone else's comment that they 'pet' their dolls, and I totally do that to. My dolls set out/about in various rooms (mostly they were in the 'doll room'). And I will go by them and pat them on the head/hair from time to time (maybe once a week if that). The habit started because they do sit out and I would check them to make sure they weren't getting dusty. I think if I found dust on one of my dolls I would feel really bad, feel I've neglected that doll far to long obviouslly. And with the dolls all positioned, it's not like I can go about picking them up, etc... Not unless I want them to fall over as always happens when you disturb/move one doll, you get a line of dolls falling over demanding your attention.

9. My guy will go almost anywhere with me, always on my arm but at home he has a chair by the TV. At night I bring him up onto the couch to sit with me but he's not too much the cuddling type, personality-wise.

10. I handle mine a fair amount. I have one secret doll (still live with my parents) so she stays hidden away when they are home. When they are gone however, both dolls spend a lot of time around me and I'm always playing with their hands or feet or hugging them on my lap while I watch TV.

I have a feeling that my incoming doll will get even more attention because the type of clothes she will wear are a little more sturdy than what these two have.

11. When I was still was new to BJDs, I moved my dolls wherever I happened to be in the house because I just constantly wanted to admire them. Now they pretty much stay in my desk area at home or in their boxes unless I'm photographing them or taking them to a social event, the times they get the most physical contact from me.

12. For me, it depends on the doll. Moswen is my favourite so he's the one that gets picked up and carted around the most. Child Haniel is a tiny so taking him out of the house is nearly hassle-free. For petting, Kys gets that the most as his wig is actually made out of real fox fur and is so soft, you can't help but pet him. I don't take out my SD's all that much compared with my MSD's but I think that's more a space issue than anything else.

13. It varies for me how often I touch/interact with my dolls. Right now, I have my wee cat tribe sitting up on the shelves above in which everybody in the house (There's three of us doll lovers) will come by, pick one up, tell it how cute it is, straighten some clothes or adjust a leg or arm so right now they're being handled a lot. Then there are periods where I'll simply admire them from my bed, most of the time my crew live up on my bookshelf so all I have to do is look up and they are there. =D The dolls are always getting some form of attention, if not always physical.

14. Sometimes I move my girl around the house with me wherever I go throughout the day, but I set her down somewhere in the room I'm in and go about doing my thing. I love to dressing her up as well, so I can sit there for quite awhile just switching through outfits. XD Don't take her places though, because other people make me nervous, but I have no worries about me playing with her or her getting too much sunlight. I didn't pay that much to have her locked away in a dark closet.

15. I have a hands-on relationship with them, lol :) I hug them, pose them, kiss the tops of their heads and carry them around when I move from room to room. Sometimes I fall asleep with one of them beside me, and on a particularly bad day I usually sleep holding their hand. But since I've gotten myself quite a number of dolls, I usually pick one out and spend time with that one, so it isn't this frantic touching everything. Those who aren't getting played with sit on their special shelf.

16. I only have one doll so he gets basically all my attention! But basically whenever I'm at home I pat him a lot and stare and hold his hands *U* I looove holding his hands~ I don't hug him to sleep though, he's like half my size lmao! So his legs are always jabbing into mine.

17. I touch them quite a lot when I am making clothes for them and when I take photos. Sometimes, I pose them at my PC desktop and there was a time I tried cuddling one on them while watching a television show. I'd draw the line at sleeping with them though, coz I toss and turn alot!

18. Almost constant attention! I love touching him and holding him, but I never sleep with him, he gets easily embarrassed ^\\\\\^

19. I pat mine on the head and will play with them, pose them. Depends on how busy I am, the mood I'm in, etc. as to who gets my attention. I'm working on lots of costumes before a con at the moment, so not a lot of playing around with them at the moment, though I will be working on a few outfits I've had on deck for a few of them in a couple weeks when I'm on vacation. Until I get some stands for the larger ones and get a chance to hot glue suede my 'problem child' posers, my larger ones don't get touched much, other than the pat on the head. I wouldn't ever sleep with them though. Not very soft and cuddly and I'd be afraid of breaking off a finger or smaller resin bit.

20. My two get handled a lot. Ichabod moreso, because he's looser and more cuddly (physically and personality wise). James is kind of shy to cuddles, but I still handle him. I love to play with hands and feet X3 Then there's sewing for them, changing clothes, and for James, getting a faceup. They both go about the house with me, and they usually stay in one spot of the room once I get them there ^^; I'm afraid to sleep with one in my bed. I used to keep porcelain dolls on my headboard, and for a while I'd wake up with one perfectly placed on my pillow. It freaked me out XD I also have known myself to throw/shove things off my bed in my sleep... x.x; Overall, I don't particularly worry about my skin on their bare resin. Unless I've handled something greasy or dirty, I don't hesitate to poke their noses or grab one for cuddles. ^^