1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much physical contact do you have with your dolls?

Feb 13, 2011

1. I actually have very little physical contact with my dolls. Usually, they just hang out on my desk or worktable. O.o

2. When I'm home my doll is usually on his shelf. I'll sometimes bring him down and have him sit next to me. But when I'm out with him I like to hold him in my lap

3. Mine are tinies so they're not very good for hugging but I do pet them a good bit, especially Takeshi's ears now. They're just so cute <3

4. My dolls are always randomly in my bed or other places I frequent. I hold them a lot and take them to a lot of places (movies, restaurants, friend's houses) and so I'm always having to wash them or their wigs as well. That and I give them random manicures.

Part of why I touch them so much is because I feel bad that they can't move around on their own. And so it's my "duty" to change their positions around way too much.

5. I have very little physical contact with my dolls. They're usually locked away in their closet whenever I don't feel like taking pictures / doing face ups / etc. pp.
      When I first got them, I was actually quite sure I'd be the type to carry them around all day and have them sit on my desk while I work and things like that. But I discovered, I enjoy them a lot more when I only take them out occasionally and don't look at them and play with them 24/7 :)

6. Lately I haven't had very much contact with my boy-- his head is back on his body, even though I still need to add some gloss and finishing touches to his faceup, so on the one hand, he's 'whole', which makes cuddling easier, but on the other hand, I'm no longer picking up his little head to futz with his face every time I pass the craft table...

Still, a while ago I pulled him out of his carrier in the middle of the night just to stroke his wig and play with his posing a little and just hold him. And a while before that he came out for some 'emergency photoshoot' for a picture request thread. I'm hoping to get some sewing done for him soon, though, and that'll mean hanging out on my lap for a couple-few hours. He can watch TV while I work.

=^__^=
      Anneko

7. So I was wondering, how much physical contact do you have with your dolls?
      As little as possible... I don't want to handle them too much and leave greasy prints all over them or wear down their faceups. I'll handle them pretty roughly at times, taking them from place to place and posing them and changing clothes--they ARE tough--but they still get rubbed and worn...

Do you touch them very little, only to pose them or move them?
      Yep--That's about it. A lot of it is trying to get the wig hairs out of their face ... and eyelashes!

Does one sit on your lap when you're chillin around the house?
      Nope.

Do you hug them to sleep every night?
      Nope.

I love 'em... I don't have to cuddle them, though!

8. I am only in physical contact with my dolls when I move them around or change their outfits; I don't cuddle them or hug them. I'm not worried about damage either due to fragility or skin oils, I'm just not interested in handling them constantly.

9. I am always carrying one of my dolls around. I go on the computer with them, play video games 'with' them and watch tv with them.. I just like having them around and enjoy holding them. My boyfriend takes my JID boy to the basement to work out with a lot! I like having fun with my dolls. I also am always doing face-ups, making clothing, and doing tattoos and whatnot on them. It's just what I enjoy. :)

10. I don't snuggle my doll like I used to, only because he needs work. ;n; As soon as he's pretty again, then he'll prance around with me like he used too. <3

11. Like.... none. Generally when I do touch them I play with their hair and give them kisses. But my bigger girl, Kashi, has a lot of body blushing, much of which needs to be redone, but generally I worry about ruining it or something I guess. My bigger girl also has this wig made of synthetic hair that constantly gets tangled and is hard to maintain.

Now that I'm reading this it sounds like a lot of lame excuses for not showing them more loving.

12. I always have one or two sitting with me behind the computer and one sitting next to my bed. I don't cuddle them or anything.
      But we are on very well speaking terms :)

13. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle, I don't get my doll out too terribly much, a couple times a week. Because I'm too busy or something the rest of the time >.> But when I get him out, I'm pretty fearless about manhandling him. I'll cary him around, make him hold things, huggle him, pose him, take him outside in the dirt and dust (though I clean him very carefully after he's been for a long outside adventure.) I don't hesitate to thrust him upon my friends or anything. I just don't always remember to get the poor darling out for playtime :( The one thing is, I don't sleep with him. he has to go in his box at night. I toss and turn too much to keep him with me... -.-;; and there isn't really a safe/convenient place to put him other then his box.

14. Beyond picking her up and posing her, I have very little physical contact with her. However, mine is 15cm tall and I am paranoid about snapping off a limb or something! She seems very fragile to me, so I tend to just have her on my desk or shelves when I'm not taking photos of her.

15. Lord I have lots of contacted with my dolls. I take them places when me and my group get together or just on random photoshoot. I have slept with them many many times. I hold them quit offent I also change there clothing at least once a month if not more depends on my mood and if I got somthing new in the mail LOL.

I understand some people dont hold cuddle their dolls but I have never liked leaving toys in the box so the dolls count as the for me.

16. I left my Bobobie Luna sitting in the same position for probably a couple of months, and now it seems like her legs don't want to unbend @_@ So now I'm trying to move my dolls around more, not leave them in the same position for so long...

Generally though, I just move them around into different positions on the shelf, unless I've taken them down for a photoshoot. I don't really "hang out" with them so much because I have animals that I don't want pouncing on them and nibbling their ears...so they need to stay in places the dogs and the cat can't get to most of the time (and the cat can get almost anywhere!)

17. Welp....when im running around or working, they stay put in their lil bed. However when im chilling (with clean hands of course) im manhandling them. They be chilling beside me, in my lap, or sitting on da couch beside my shoulder on the headrest. I dont dare try and sleep with them anymore, i thrash about vigorously and once when i tried it, he wound up somehow from where he was (leeoing beide my head) at about shin level....dont ak me how.

18. Emma has been on my desk for months now. There's just something always in the way of doll-hobby stuff this semester. If my RL doll friend and I hung out more, I'd probably be doing more with my doll, though.

19. Oh goodness, when I first got my boy he was with me almost all the time. I'd carry him around and set him on my lap. He'd sit beside me on my computer table when I was working and I spent many hours taking pics of him and making things. Now its slowed done a lot. I still pick him up and set him beside me on occasion but now more often then not he sits beside my girl on the other side of my room. I guess it was just the excitement of finally getting something I had wanted for a long time. I was always very careful with him though, and didn't take any chances either.

They both still mean a lot to me, and I would never sell them, but I don't have as much 'physical contact' with them as much now as I did. ^^

20. I have a lot of physical contact with mine. I didn't pay all of this money to have them just sit there! :-) I have extra hands and feet so I don't worry too much about breakage, of course, I'm no rough housing with them either. The only thing I'm very careful with is their faceups. I try not to touch their faces. I'm also mindful of where they sit, I don't want sunlight on them, or my chihuahua Taquito to get ahold of them - I'm sure he'd love a foot or hand to munch on! ;-) (He always looks so disappointed when I remove new clothes from the packaging and he realizes it's not for him. Guilt trip!!)

I blushed one of my boy's body, but I don't worry about it too much since I enjoy blushing them. I just figure it's ongoing maintenance as part of this hobby.