1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much physical contact do you have with your dolls?

Feb 13, 2011

1. I try not to cuddle my dolls or have my hands on them too much because I want to keep them nice for as long as possible. I do pick them up and repose them or set them next to me every day though. I mess with my littlefee so much that her stringing is loose after only a couple months:? I also do dressing almost daily for my girls, after all, if you cant play with them, whats the point right?:sweat

2. I play a lot more with my little ones then i do with my 60cm dolls I'm more worried that i will brake there fingers or something like that.

3. I like to lightly handle my dolls most days, but sometimes I hold them extensively - usually if I'm stressed out. I like to have them nearby to look at and be able to reach over and kind of play with their hands (I love holding and moving doll hands for some reason). When I'm upset or feeling unwell I may have my doll sitting in my lap while I watch a movie - assuming my chihuahua isn't there anyway. :) If I don't play around and hold my doll then I feel like I have a wasted investment sitting there - I'm not content to spend big money on something I never pay attention to (The same reason I sold 2 bookcases of books and dvds!). The more I love a doll, the more often I fiddle with them. It's just my style of ownership I guess.

4. I fuss with one or more of my dolls almost every day, if I have time. Sometimes I just pose them differently or brush their wigs, sometimes I hold them while I watch a movie. It all really depends on how much free time I have on any given day. Even if I go through a period when I can have no contact at all with my dolls, I know they'll be waiting for me when I get the time!

5. I don't have much contact with my dolls once they are completed e.g. have an outfit, wig etc. They then go on display in my glass cabinet and I only touch them occasionally sometimes to clean them but that's it. I don't play with them like they are toys and i'm not interested in diorama either. To me they are works of art and i'm content with simply having them on display. A couple of my resin BJD's are actually kept in their boxes away from UV light but that's mainly because I haven't found somewhere suitable to display them, I have to figure out how to make more room hee hee.;)

6. Not a lot, actually. They are in their stands on display on either my computer desk or my glass display cabinet. The only time they ever really get any interaction is when they're getting a wig/clothing change or when I am going to take pictures-- which isn't often.

7. A lot. My one home has already got stained, cleaned, stained again. My dolls are for play, and I have resigned myself with the fact I must clean them often!

8. When I'm home, I usually do have my doll hang out with me. I just love to admire her and pose her, generally just interact with her, then I put her in a safe place when I go to bed. I don't dare leave her out due to a frolicking cat who loves messing with things and the fact that I usually wake up late in the day, and my apartment gets most sunlight in the morning.
      That said, she is a brand new doll, and I usually go through phases of who is the favorite and gets the most attention at any given time.

9. Lots of physical contact. I really don't believe in keeping them in their boxes or not playing with them, so I keep them all out where I can see them and change their clothes when I feel like it.

10. My doll tends to be either sitting on her shelf or sitting in the room somewhere. I don't really have much physical contact with her other than when dressing her. I've been ignoring her recently though - before I used to take her out with me all the time so a lot of physical contact there!

11. Only as much as is required to dress and pose them or do fittings when I am sewing for them. I don't touch them unless it is for one of those practical purposes. I just have no inclination to touch them for its own sake. Those impulses go to petting and hugging my dogs.

12. Not as much as I'd like - my doll spends a lot of her time in my room, curled up on her little sofa. But occasionally I'll bring her out when I'm not doing homework and just have her sit on my lap and pose her in different ways while I chill with the family (and try to make sure no one squashes her when she sits next to me lol)

13. My girl hangs out with me constantly. I'm constantly picking her up, re-posing her, fixing her clothes and wig, etc..
      I do avoid touching her face-up for fear of damaging or scratching it; but other than that I have a lot of physical contact with my doll.

14. i treat my first doll like a baby. <3 and after him i get more dolls i think i treat them is not more carefully but i still love them so much. just more contacts with them. kissing their heads or sleeping with them<3<3<3

15. I have a lot of contact with most of mine. A few are grails for display only, but most get handled freqently.

16. I don't really have a lot of contact with my dolls. My two completed dolls sit on my desk next to my computer so I can admire them while my two who still need to be completed are chilling in their boxes at the moment. Of course, I pick up the two on my desk to change clothes/wigs occasionally or take photos but other than that I mostly just move them around when I'm cleaning.

17. There's an elite few that get a lot of attention and a lot of physical contact. I always have at least one that sleeps in my room with me though not on my bed. I like having them nearby when I watch a movie or hang out on the computer.

18. I have the usual I guess.
      I don't hold them too much now, though I used to do it more in the past.
      The littlest one is the one I mostly carry around and sometimes I feel like touching her hair or cuddling her.
      They are usually in the glass cabinet (like 1 meter from my desk) and I often take them off to have them even closer.

19. My dolls stands in their displays, I sometime change their position, but mostly I look at them, standing there beeing beautiful and adorable, and making me smile :thumbup

20. Hahaha this topic is funny...when I first had my first doll which was an old DZ fei, I liked to touch how smooth the resin was :')
      I miss that boy. Hope he found a good home..