1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much physical contact do you have with your dolls?

Feb 13, 2011

1. My guys hang out with me in my room all the time. Usually I just leave them standing of sitting in their poses but on occasion I'll keep one on my lap or desk for company depending on what I'm doing. I certainly look at them everyday, but I don't necessarily touch them everyday. If I do, it's usually a slight change in their pose, or sometimes I'll add a prop or change their clothes. When I'm not busy and am able to sit back and chill for a while that's when I 'play' with them, change their clothes, and take photos.

2. Physical contact is one of the primary ways I bond with my dolls... but a lot of the time they sit somewhere without me. But when I'm on a doll streak (if I can call it that), I like to have them sitting with me while I do stuff or whatever. I don't like to worry too much about keeping them perfect, since I enjoy playing with them as well as looking at them.

3. I cuddle them sometimes XP when bored at night

4. My dolls sit on a table facing the foot of my bed so they can watch over me while I sleep. If I pass by their table going to the bathroom or putting things away I always have to touch them, play with their wigs or even just move their hand or re position their heads. I often take one with me to the grocery store, fabric store, Wal Mart of if I am meeting up with friends/family for lunch or dinner at a restaurant. I do occasionally sit with one on my lap while watching t.v. or while I game or surf the net. I thought about trying to cuddle with my 70 cm boy Abaddon one night at bed time but talked myself out of it. I was afraid I might lost his face plate or accidentally break off one of his fingers LOL. If I fall asleep with something in my hands I tend to keep it there even if I roll over.

5. I look at and touch at least one or two of my dolls on a daily basis - usually add a piece of jewelry, straighten some item on the doll or such, just to touch and enjoy

6. I loved reading how some people hug and cuddle their dolls i think that's awesome...Ive only had my first BJD iplehouse Dexter for 24 hours and i honestly cant keep my eyes or hands off of him (that sounds so weird) also my freaking hands are getting raw from washing them so much...I would love to try to hug my Dexter but i fear that may not be possible due to me worrying i would harm him in some way ...i didnt think it was possible to hold and hug a resin doll...i would be way to scared that my face would accidentally touch his and the skin oil would ruin him :( however today my hands and arms got a nice workout from carrying him around for a half hour walk...holy crap LOL...

7. I pose mine for pictures, then usually set them next to me while I sit on my computer or play video games. I don't touch them a whole lot, but when I'm feeling sad or sick (like with a migraine, not if I'm sick to my stomach or have a gross cold) I tend to hold them more and put them on my lap.

8. I let my dolls most of the time on my shelf but sometime I put one of them on my knees when I am working with my computer.

9. ack i get horrible migraines too im so sorry you do....do the dolls help or at least comfort you when you have one?

10. I'm so sorry to hear that you have migraines too, they can be very debilitating. I don't take my BJDs out when I have extreme light/sound/smell sensitivity because I also tend to have shaky hands at that stage and don't want to risk hurting them, but they are most comforting when I'm recovering from a migraine after the medicine takes effect; at the stage where the sensitivity decreases enough where I'm able to sit upright and watch TV. I then like to take one out and set it next to me in the bed propped against a pillow or tucked in the nook of my arm. I have a couple that have large fur and feathered wings and petting them is very soothing/calming :3

11. ahhh cool....yeah i know all about that sensitivity/shaky stage... I absolutely hate that!

12. I prefer to touch my dolls as little as possible. I just prefer to look at them but I do enjoy how smooth they feel so I love fiddling with them. I keep them on or close by my desk so I can always see them. I like to lean back in my chair and watch them for a while. Whenever I walk past I like straightening dresses and shirts, running a brush through the wig, quickly snapping a pic on my phone, etc. If I'm going to be in the other room for a while I might take one with me to sit on the shelf in there to keep me company.

I'm expecting my first Dollfie Dream, Snow Miku, to be much more poseable and lightweight than my Iple girls so I will probably do a lot more handling and fiddling with her. She will be here in a few weeks hopefully after a year and a half of waiting so I don't think she'll get a lot of time to herself when she first gets here haha :D

13. I have my dolls right next to me all day everyday I pick them up play with them we watch movies together and play videogames and they sleep right next to me :) I love my dollies!

14. I rarely bring them out but when I do I will pose them. Pat them on the head. I have a new one which is the largest I ever owned, no face up and his skin looks so smoooth so i'll just randomly touch his cheek or arm. My precious

15. I only have one doll as for now. Sometimes, I bring him next to the computer when I'm on it, but he's generally on the table next to my bed. I like to caress his hair because he's so cute.

16. I keep my dolls at my computer desk, and often take one to sit on my lap, or sit next to the keyboard while doing things online. Right now it's the littlest, who stands very well, right next to my mouse. I'm always cycling through them and changing their pose or their clothes, so I'd say mine get handled fairly often.

17. my dolls get held when i am taking them out for photoshoots, or trying clothes that i am making on them (that happens a lot especially for knit things that need a lot of try-ons to get just right) the rest of the time there are at least a few beside me when i'm on the computer or working but i just like to see them, and smile because they are there, i don't often pick them up

18. Very little, I prefer to just look at them and show them off in my room on a shelf. I pretty much only touch them for dressing/customising/taking photographs etc. Playing with them or putting them on my lap or carrying them with me through the house or stuff like that is a rather weird/creepy concept to me honestly.

19. I wish I would handle them more than I do. I am just so scared of messing them up :doh

20. I look at the entire crew most days, but my littlest (1/6) usually migrates around the house to whatever room I'm in. I don't exactly cuddle him (I'm not a very cuddly person, and my cats demand what cuddles I can give) but I like to have the doll in my hands when I'm watching TV - I have a really bad habit of checking my phone all through a show, and having a doll in hand keeps my fingers busy and off my phone. I do a lot of test poses with the doll during TV shows!