How much stuff did you initially buy for your first doll?

Nov 25, 2020

1. I didn't buy any outfits or wigs, but my dolls also came a lot sooner than expected. Denver Doll had estimated between 6-9 months, but they had her in stock the very next week! However, I had purchased fabric, patterns, and yarn to make her a wig and outfit.

2. I was super lucky with my first doll - she was second hand, so she came with a lot of clothes and wigs and at least one pair of eyes. I was able to experiment quite a bit with her look, but I did buy a surprise box of cute clothes for her and one of the outfits in there ended up being my favorite.

3. Let's see... Still waiting on my boy to arrive (I'm not getting my girl's body for months and I know it), but here's what I've gotten so far:
      • Wigs for both of them
      • Wefts and a wig cap after I accidentally ruined Avery's wig trying to curl it (oops)
      • Eyes for both of them (I think Avery's coming with eyes but I have a set plan for eye color)
      • A few clothing items that looked just too cute
      I know I need to look for:
      • Shoes (gonna get them after the actual doll arrives to check foot width)
      • Eye putty stuff
      And then I've made a few things here and there. I've been trying to stick with stuff I can use my Wol head to measure/get a good guesstimate of, and I used to knit dolls that are around MSD measurements? So turns out I have a small stash of maybe-MSD-sized knitted clothing from high school. Hopefully nobody will have to be butt-naked upon arrival, but I'd still rather get some sewn clothes to vary the texture, and use up some balls of yarn I've kept waiting around for dolls for a year or so! With updated knitting skill and style, ofc.

4. The only thing I got her was a wig which ended up being too big for her. Oh well guess she’ll be bald for a while.
      I wish I had got her some clothes but I think she is still perfect without them. I’m sure I’ll eventually make her something cute.

5. i bought to many eyes because i like to have choices and no clothes wich in retrospect was a bad choice because i can't sew, at least i would have a wig and way to many eyes when she arrives

6. I bought a lot of wigs. I wasn't sure what would look best on her. I also bout a lot of basic outfits and shoes. By the time she came, I was quite prepared and could have outfitted a few dolls:lol: