1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much time do you spend with your dolls?

May 23, 2017

1. Some weeks I don't have any time for them at all. When I get really motivated I might spend most of a day or so working on them. Either way they are always in my curio cabinets so I see them every day.

2. i spend every day 2hours, for my dolls.
      To take photos, dress up the dolls, talking to dolls and anytime playing.

3. For me, time spent with my dolls is varied. Some weekends I spend a few hours dressing my dolls, taking pictures, or re-stringing them. On even rarer weekends, I give some dolls a faceup. Few times during the week I might change an outfit or two.

4. It really varies on how much free time I have at the moment and how I feel.
      Recently, it hasn't been all that often due to work eating up most of my availability.

Plus, I've noticed that I tend to fiddle with my doll more when I am stressed or worried about something, especially in the dorms.
      I don't know, it just feels calming, and it helps get my mind away from whatever it is that has me worried and stressed out.

5. Wellll... My dolls are all on display in the hall of my flat, and I find I get a lot of satisfaction out of just seeing them there - they are the first thing I see when I come home from work :). From time to time I'll pick one up and place it on my desk while I work, or take pictures, or take one out on a 'shopping-for-dollies' spree. I rarely really work on them, mostly because I need to work on my drawings for school, and when I do start working on a doll, there is no room for any other activity. So a few times a year I sit down and do face-ups, restring, or make an outfit for someone. An outfit will take me about a week of concentrated effort, and mostly happens because I want to take the doll out and he/she needs to look nice and finished...

So in my life it's either ALL DOLLS ALL THE TIME or very low doll activity indeed ;).

6. In general I try to spend a few hours a week either working on or dressing my dolls. Unfortunately I haven't had much opportunity recently.

7. It varies so much it is hard to estimate. When I started the hobby, I was a teen and probably spent a few minutes to an hour every day faceup, repositioning, or dressing the few dolls I had.
      In the past few years I have left my hoard alone long enough to get dusty and in one case have a spider homestead inside one's head. On the other hand when I do spend time with them, it will never be less than a couple hours and is usually the better part of a day or even weekend. Sometimes I spend so much time because I enjoy them and missed them. Often it's because I just wanted to redress one then realized another one had wonky eyes, one needed cleaning, some strings were too loose, etc.

8. I try to spend everyday with my doll. On weekends it more of a chance for me to do dress ups and photo shoots. When it is weekdays it can be a bit harder so I have her sit with me when I do work. Plus it's nice to look up every once in a while to see my doll sitting there with me.

9. I don't really take my dolls out or display them often because my cat tends to try to bat at them or sit on them and i really don't want to clean cat fur from them since he's shedding right now. I take them out about once a week and spend a few hours playing with sewing and patterns. I like taking them out to meet ups but my fave thing to do is to have cake with them (bit strange but i like it).

10. I usually play with my dolls during friday and saturday midnights after my family goes to sleep so nobody will nag at me about their price tag and how much space they take up :sigh

11. I'm guilty of not playing with my boys very much. :( Maybe once a week at best. Maybe I'll spend a whole week working on something for them and then not touching them for a month or two. Depends on how busy I am with work and what my depressions doing to me, lol.
      They're usually just hanging out in their room shelf. But I'm constantly on the lookout for dolly items! I'm always "shopping" (lurking, more like it) online and looking for things at michaels or thrift stores that would work with them. <3
      I feel bad for not doing much with them physically, my lack of motivation/depression gets the better of me.... But I'm always thinking about them or working on looking for something for them. So they're in my thoughts! ; w ;
      I do wish I did more with them though. I really should start trying to do some of the projects I've been putting off.
      Fixing up this old trunk I have for a doll carrier, making an actual room diorama with wood and stuff, sewing them some clothes with all the fabric I've hoarded, painting the furniture I've got them, making them bedding and pillows for their unfinished bed, painting a new head sculpt for my one boy to try. Siiiigh, the creativity and ability to buy the things I need to craft is strong with me, but the motivation... not too much. ><;

12. Not as much as I would like to. Mostly when I get them new clothes I dress them,take some quick pictures and that's it. I use to have enough time to dress them up,take them outside,pose them and take a lot more pictures.

13. When I'm not bust with work or school I'm usually doing something doll related.

14. Between work life and home life I have a small amount of free time. But when I do I fix their hair, change clothes, or just take them down and look at them. I take pictures once in a while and I take her out with me when I need free WiFi. I'm always thinking of new ideas for "looks" in my head. but I only get an hour or two every couple of days.

15. I mainly collect dolls to display them in my living room. So I'm always around my dolls, I love them, as beautiful artifacts, but also on a deeper more personal level. A few times every month or so, I have doll moments, where I dress them up in new outfits, change wigs, eyes and so on, maybe shot some photos, and them place them back on display again.

But I often wander around and admire them, talk to them and occasional hugs them - cause their just so super adorable, I cant help myself <3<3

16. I try to spend a little time with them each day, even if it's just taking one down and fixing their hair for a couple minutes. My favorite way to spend time with them is to take pictures of them and change their outfits. Sometimes I like them to just sit with me while I answer emails or something. It depends on the day.

17. Some weeks I don't touch my doll very often but when I start to do something with (photography, wig or clothes), I spend some hours during one or two weeks, until I have finish.

18. I don't have a doll yet, but I plan on spending a lot of time with her. :3

19. Very little lately. I have a ton of hobbies so my dolls rotate in and out attention for periods of time.

20. a few minutes a day to change their position, may be talk to them and play a little :)