1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. Gwen, my Clover Doll Echo, cost $140 after shipping. She was on Junkyspot's Black Friday sale, and I guess they must've had a lot of her that no one was buying, because she was discounted pretty hard. 2 more dolls have joined my family since her arrival, but she's still my favorite!

2. I bought both of my dolls super close together, so I'll mention them both here. Sera, my Resinsoul Sui head on the Tang body came to about $180 (would have been $160, but their Dark Tan resin is 20 dollars extra) and then with shipping he ended up being about $206. Jean, my Akagi Doll Ban MSD, came to $209 after shipping from Alice's Collections. I'm sure some people would think I chose the dolls I did cause of my limited budget (which is true, I was being as money conscious as possible in this hobby) but I honestly couldn't see any other 1/4 scale sculpt being Sera than the RS Sui. And after nearly having a bad experience trying to buy a doll secondhand and learning something about the doll that turned me off from it, I went looking and remembered that Akagidoll was still on sale on AC, so I went for it after realizing that the Ban head is a great fit for my Jean :aheartbea

3. Mine was a Dikadoll Chi. He was a little over 500 with a company face up, I ordered him during Dikadoll's summer event, so I got jointed hands with him at the same time. Pretty good for a doll of his size, I think, and now that's he's retired I'm especially glad I got him when I did.

4. My first was $200. The ones I really want are more but I currently am trying to hunt down the Super Sonico build.

5. My first one was around 600$ I think? I ordered him without a face up but to my surprise he came with one haha :lol:

6. First to come home almost 10 years ago cost med around $800, got him as a fullset including face-up. Saved for quite a while, but worth every penny

7. My first doll I get from my visit to japan so she is special to me, we clicked the first time i saw her so i know i had to adopt her even if she was expensive

She is belle by volks and i buy her for $2200 from mandarake in akihabara

8. My first doll cost me around 520$ with company face up and shipping, without clothes and shoes.

#208 Navyy, Jan 19, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    9. Around 260 for my doll, but then I ended up spending around 50 more on clothes and accessories while waiting.

10. A little bit over $600, he came in a fullset with face-up, clothing, wig and eyes.

11. Just under $200 for the doll, a Doll-Love Nichi with a free face up. That didn't include shipping, and I also bought a wig and some clothes, but I believe my all-in total was still under $300.

12. Mine a 2nd hand aidoll ange ai hani, less than $100 usd

13. I got mine for 290$ its a 2nd hand ringdoll pan :)

14. My first doll was something like... $450 after all the customs and shipping fees. A Souldoll Gana :)

15. I put a limited IH EID Dexter on layaway as my first doll :D Over $1300 w/face up, wig, boots & rifle. I wish now I'd also gotten his outfit :(

16. $323 for the doll alone. Accessories are another thing! :eusa_sile

17. My first doll was a doll more model doll ha-yarn cho who I paid about $400 aud for! she came with heaps of stuff like clothes, wigs, props and a dollmore carry bag so the price was insanely good! I'm her 4th or 5th owner so she had some flaws but that's fine with me I still love her <3

18. My first doll, Dream Of Doll E-an, was around I think $700. I got her with her outfit and company faceup. No regrets! Still have her to this day and she remains my absolute favorite.

19. A hug and homemade dinner for my dad. he found an obitsu while out and about and brought her home for me. I'm so luckyyyy (i swear I'm not trying to brag! )

20. About $ 360 with shipping but no fullset or faceup. Souldoll juno ♡