1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. My first doll was a withdoll girl from nine9style, I think she was about 500 something, maybe a bit more. I bought a second doll the next day, a Volks boy fullset called Kei. He's on the Graffiti body. He was over a thousand :doh. I knew very little of BJD's at the time and thought they all cost that much. ha. I spent every penny I had at the time on them. Was broke for ages. I do not regret them, but damn my wallet still hurts and this was like two years ago.

2. So many people jumping right in, I wasn't nearly that brave!

My first doll was my Angel of Dream Qing, purchased secondhand on Tumblr! I don't remember the exact cost but I think she was around $145, and I had to pay it off in layaway payments because my job at the time was giving me like no hours :lol: the gal who sold her to me was so sweet and understanding, I was soooo terrified of ordering my first bjd! So scared she'd get lost, so scared she'd get broken, oh gosh.

But she was packed wonderfully and came to me safe and sound! The seller included a wig, eyes, and clothes for her ;__; She was so nice!

It took me yeeears in order to finally get the hang of faceups, give her her current one, get her an accurate wig, and actually start making an accurate wardrobe for her. I'll never be finished with my dolls because they're ever changing, but she has definitely taken the longest to slowly pull together. I still haven't even bought her heel feet yet >>""

3. My first doll was an Immortality of Soul Mars head on a classy doll 61cm body. The doll itself was around $320 but the shipping unfortunately put it just over $400. I hate his body and definitely regret getting it. Especially when my second doll was $250 including shipping and I love him so much more. Live and learn I guess!

4. This is actually kind of an interesting question, because the first doll I bought was not the first doll I owned!

The first doll I bought was my Doll Leaves Maya with a faceup, for $159 from Alice's Collections. But I also bought clothes and accessories (enough to get free shipping), which ended up totaling to $276.70 with the paypal fees.

The first doll I owned, my DC Jodie, I bought a couple months later from a friend from college for $150, and she shipped him for free. Since he was already made, he showed up a week before the other. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. $440, including US shipping. She was a Fairyland Minifee Lishe bought through DDE in 2014.
      I don't have her anymore but gosh did i love playing with her when i had her.. i may have to get another one.

6. My first doll was a Bobobie Rong with her company faceup and she was $160. When I first got into the hobby I was so young so I was really excited to jump in, but I still love her to this day.

7. My fisrt doll is second hand doll.
      It's about $100.

8. First doll was mirodolls wind and she was about $100.

9. I thought I was only going to get one doll and be done, so I saved up some money and did not care how expensive she was. If it was gonna be the only doll I would get (lol jokes on me) then I was gonna go full force. Total price with shipping was 645$.

10. $430 total. A Souldoll Soul Kid Ye Dong-Ha :)

11. My first was a Doll Love You You. I think she was about $110~$120 because I got her during an event.

12. About $200, he is second handed.

13. $300 second hand DZ Tulip from a friend. I love her

14. Almost $900 in full set, still in love with him:3nodding:

15. Mine is $500 CAD, including shipping. The exchange rate is pretty brutal, maybe next time I'll pay more attention to that.

16. $338 aud including shipping for my doll love xing ye

17. It will be around $800 once all is said and done, including artist body/head and faceup (still in the process :) )

18. 635$ USD a Peakswoods Hunky Dory

19. She was free.... my friend was getting rid of her MSDs and just offered her

20. $520! Buuut I also spent around $400 on accessories along with him :blush