1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. I believe around $150 on an Angel Fantasy Una, there was a discount as they were/are going out of business, but I absolutely love her and plan to get her some friends as soon as possible

2. A pre-owned single jointed Dollzone Hid fullset with the ninja outfit in white resin. I paid $210, I just recently sold him

3. My first was a dollzone MSD that was around $300? Still have her and I’m more pleased with her now than when I bought her ^^

4. My first doll was from soom and it cost about $700. Truly it was expensive but I love him so much even now.

5. My first doll was 350$ plus 70$ for an outfit ... plus shipping and customs ... all in all I paid a little more than 500$, lol.

6. My first doll was $550.00 that's not including accessories

7. The first doll I had was 300 dollars, a doll leaves hedy, which i had bought other things for her too like her wig and some clothes and eyes

8. My first doll was $800 plus shipping. I received her second hand here on DOA. I had searched for about 3 years and only saw 2 others of the sculpt that were out of my range.

9. My first doll was a Doll Love half closed eyes You You. I got her during an event, so she only cost around $110. I think she made an awesome first doll!

10. I spent about $700 for the full set and another $120 for some extra clothes and shoes. But he was definitely worth it!

11. Mine was about $195 which included the Face-up. I also bought one of the same price for my roommate and a few clothing items for them, so my very first ever BJD purchase was about $500 total.

12. Mine was a little more than 200 with factory make up, no accessories. I’m still waiting for her to actually ship...

13. Just the doll itself was $159, but I ended up spending a little over $300 with shipping and PayPal fees and his clothes.

14. Ahh looking at all these responses I've realized that my first doll is on the expensive side :sweat, I'm spending about $500 on my first bjd doll due to having fallen in love with a rare out of production head sculpt, not to even mention accessories and clothes which I haven't gotten yet.

15. My first was a Kaye Wiggs coffee tan Mikki bought second hand for £600

16. Mine was a full set Homme Ducan, including extras (shoes etc), the whole order was around $1,100AUD. Looking back I'm surprised my parents let a 16 year old spend that much on a doll!

17. I payed 270usd if i remember good. but she comes with clothes, shoes, wig..
      She dont don't was fullset. I took it of second hand.
      She is honey anko luts.

18. Mine was about $800 plus shipping and a wig. She is a Fleeple60 Moe line body with a Chloe head.

19. My girl was $320, plus shipping totalled around $358.56... my parents were so confused as to why a 16-year-old girl would spend so much on a doll who didn't even have hair:lol:
      But I've never once regretted buying her, and still have her now!

20. My first doll I ordered was $411 shipped. A DC Xanthe.

The dolls I received first (2 came on the same day, second hand from different countries) were $175 shipped (crobidoll wooyu with face up) and $320 shipped (DZ Noel with faceup and extras)