1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. My first doll was my Souldoll Yeon Soo. She was about $375 shipped.

2. I bought my first doll in my high school. I saved the money for a long time and it was $300+. Then I found the outfits are experience for me:roll:

3. The first doll I ordered was $150 including shipping, but the first doll I actually got was $250 (got sick of waiting and bought an In-Stock doll)... So I'm not sure which of those is truly my first, but I call the one I physically had in hand first, my first.

4. Mine was $223.

5. I would have to say the first real doll ordered was Dollzone Carter around $240 (A bit less because I caught a sale.) He did not get home first, it took him a looooong time to get home. My first two Doll Leaves Dolls got here before he did. A lot of my dolls got here before he did. I just really had to have Carter from the moment I saw him!

6. Mine was a RS Wu, with face-up. I got him from a dealer, so I think he was around $200 or so. He was in stock, so I didn't have to wait for him at all.

7. My first doll was a hybrid of a granado doll head and modded iplehouse body that I bought secondhand so he was only about 200 usd, not including the shipping which was like 60 usd from Europe to the US. Honestly, I don't really remember exactly. lol His head was 90 usd because, while it was a limited head, it has some casting imperfections and i don't remember the exact price of the modded body. I bought him in two pieces from the same person so I had already paid for the head when she put the body up for sale and I grabbed that too.
      My second doll I got firsthand. He was a hybrid too so his little rebel doll head was 165 usd, without the shipping included, and his akagi body was 355 usd, with shipping.

8. $150 with shipping RS Tang with clothes/wig/eyes/faceup.

9. I think my first Dollfie dream was around 400$

10. I got my first doll for a little over $100, but my second doll was around $600...and then after that, I fell into the trap of buying more and more....and more...

11. Around $890; RIP.

12. $655. Oh boy.

13. I think from memory, my second hand Soom Kyrie was about $465 USD + shipping from USA to NZ. I know the exchange rate was at about $1.00 USD = $0.50 NZD. So she was expensive.

14. I bought my first bjd in 2004... there was not a lot of choice then. All dolls were from Japan or China... no tiny dolls. Mostly 60cm, but some 45cm dolls. No real second-hand market (dolls were so limited that most sold for higher prices second-hand).

I bought an Elf El from Cerberus Project through Liria, who was their English Language agent. 60cm doll. Around $680.

15. my very first BJD was £150 from ebay a good few years ago now but she was a bit too big so sold her. Getting back into BJDs last year my Jasmin-Faye in my Icon (fairyland Chloe) was £400

16. I bought it at April Story. It was... 360,000won(320 USD, I think.), if my memory is correct. It was old raven type.

17. Mine was a limited doll so she was very expensive but I wanted her so much that $1000 couldn't stop me lol

18. Bought my first BJD for $490. I kept hesitating on hitting the 'buy' button, it was so much money for something I wouldn't see for while. XD; (It came just under three months later...)

19. I got my first doll second-hand on DoA for $500 in 2006. But she didn’t come with any of her fullset items so I bought them separately from Yahoo! Japan. All told I probably spent $650.

20. My first was Iplehouse EID Victor from Iple's auction. It costs $550+$70 (doll plus shipping) plus a $180 for costums. That's around 800$ ...:sweat