1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. Cordelia from Asleep Eidolon. It was about $300

2. My first doll is ringdoll's admiral.
      I think he is abour $500 for the full set. Ringdoll's army suits are so good, I still love him now.

3. $150 or so for the doll and about 50 for the head + jointed hands

4. I bought mine second hand for like 350? Then realized i felt ripped off because it was cheaper to order a new one online

5. Sometimes value is added after they’ve been pre-owned though. Like, my dolls were worth more after I had paid for somebody to do their face-ups and body blushing. It might not have been cheaper if you had ordered a new one online with that stuff done. On average, my dolls tend to double in value when they have had their painting done.

6. Ironically if only i had done enough market research before buying my dolls i mamay actually have gotten a better offer online :(
      My first doll was a A.O.D chen

The faceup was horrible too. I paid the price of a new for a doll that was owned for years
      Plus it isn't a limited sculpt either

7. Ah, I see

8. My first BJD (which I sold almost three years ago), was a Dollzone Demi MSD from the first release with simple joins. I bought her long ago, on may 2007 and she cost around 180€ without make up or extras.
      At that moment, was a lot of money for me and the first time that I invested in something different to education, clothes or fine arts and photography material... :sweat I felt a little bad about it, but I think it was a good decision after all, and here I am :)

9. My first doll was kinda middle of the road at around like $400 for a Luts Delf Jun Ha

10. Mine Resinsoul Tang was about 200$ - because of overprice of the reseller in my city. I was a child and didn't know a lot about bjd :sigh

11. Mine was $125 a Resinsoul Feng on DollFamily body :XD: I love that DF body but recently I had to let it go.

12. Oh Jesus well... altogether with customs my first doll was about 1500 Euros, so about 1680 dollars. It was a Tender Creation doll so already an artist doll, and I got her with faceup and wig by the artist and also a pair of shoes. Now granted these dolls are expensive they are really worth the money, they are extremely perfect. I don't regret it one bit, even though it was a huge stretch in my bank account at the time I got her!

13. My first was a Volks SD 13 Elena, I got her for around 750$. I was so new and didn't know of any companies other than Volks, and I managed to get her from Volks USA website literally one day before she became discontinued!

14. My frist doll is Volks Fcs 61 and cost me$570 and I find someone change her make up for her cost me $50..

15. A Lati Haru LRRH for over 500 euro :blush. I feel like I paid too much back then, but she was gorgeous !

16. My first boy is from IOS K. I bought him when he was on sale around 490 if I remember correctly. He came with no face up, no cloth, and no accessory. I did not calculate how much I spent on putting him into the right character, maybe 200-300....

17. Including shipping, wig, face-up, clothes, etc, probably a little over 400 dollars.

18. my first doll was 1,780 usd, it was limited dika cain with all the available options

19. my first doll that I do not have anymore, but I bought it at half head 70 $ and body 112 $ I was lucky that it was cheap.

20. $625. That's with shipping, faceup, and wig. This was 2005 and from Luts for a Delf El