1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. My first doll (LUTS KDF Muhwa) was $584 and some change. The doll itself was maybe 3/4 of that total, but I also ordered clothing and wig so she wouldn't be naked for long. Surprisingly, my second doll only cost $265 after shipping. Muhwa was my holy grail that I waited a long time for, so she was worth every penny.

2. I bought my first doll from second-hand in 2009, it was Domuya Faith,with cost 625$ . She is still with me, I love her so much! ❤️

3. My first BJD is also my favorite — Ringdoll Sol. I got him second hand, the time when he was already discontinued, so when I found out someone was selling him I kind of rushed to buy him. I bought him for $480 at full set, only second hand, but I had no qualms nor any regrets. I’m aware Ringdoll revived him but I still adore mine like he’s still a discontinued doll.

4. My first doll was a mix. Akagidoll and i'm not sure of the body. It was a gift but I believe they paid around $200 CAD for her second hand. She's an SD and I still love her to pieces.

The first doll I purchased on my own was my Minifee Rens and she was $500 CAD.

5. My first doll was a Unidoll Cupi Angel fullset from oobiedolls, $120 including shipping :)

6. Mine was a Impldoll Azalea. She is blank and I got her $350 secondhand!!

7. About $250 with shipping. Dollzone MSD.

8. Loongsoul Xinlan was the sculpt I picked, and just the doll was $525, but I also wanted to get her a faceup, some clothes, eyes, jointed hands, and a wig all at the same time so she wouldn't be naked at first. So in total it was about $900. She should arrive this week and I have no regrets!

9. It was 350 for luts with faceup

10. My first doll was an old yellowed french resin Narae from Bimong. I got him for around 200$, and later sold him for a unoa for 350$.

11. My first boy was $350 with shipping included, if I remember correctly. Then again that was 11 years ago so I could be wrong.

12. $300 for my first :D

13. I don't remember exactly, but she's a Resinsoul Ju I brought from a dealer at Dragoncon years ago with a face-up and normal skin, so probably around $150-ish? I didn't want to start expensive...and it was nice to be able to see her in person before I got her.

14. My first doll was a second hand doll leaves fay, I paid £80 for her and she came with clothes / wig and eyes so I didnt have to spend to much more getting things for her :)

15. $308 after shipping, including company face up, wig, and clothes. Needless to say, my penny pinching ways with dolls has flown out the window and now I'm willing to spend however much on the right one.

16. DollZone Scarecrow Hal in WS with company faceup,, since he was also on sale for the DZ Summer Event he costed about 279USD after shipping

#416 SaeyoungChoi00, Dec 9, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    17. He was somewhere around $1100 after all the taxes and shipping, I think. Volks SD13 FCS F-15 boy ordered from the now-closed Shinjuku Tenshi no Sumika back in 2005!

18. Mine was an Islanddoll Amy. I think she must have been about two hundred and something, nearing 300 australian back in 2012 when i got her.

19. Hmmm I don’t really remember but maybe around $200 or lower!?

20. I think she was between $125-180 USD from an Ebay estate sale. It was so long ago I don't have the purchase history anymore to verify it! She's an N-Doll Miso. I keep referencing her in posts, but she's a discontinued doll that most people have never even heard of. This is what her face sculpt looked like without her teeth:

[​IMG]