1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. My first was $422. I choose a full set because I like all of them.

2. My first was bought secondhand for about 340$ including a faceup, some wigs and some clothes :)

3. My first was a second hand doll that I got for I believe $150 as a blank

4. My very first doll cost about $100, my Bobobie Isabella. I picked her up from Denver Doll as she was in stock and I still absolutely love her <3

5. Uhhhhhh $750ish CAD because Smart Doll with an apparel set. But also a Luts Isabella which was $300US I think?

6. I think she was US$1500. :nowords: Fortunately (or unfortunately ...) I got into the hobby at a point where I was several years into a well paid job, although I still wondered wtf I was doing as I completed the transaction on Paypal. She's not a small doll, though (18", like a chubbier American Girl doll), and the 'company' is basically a woman and her daughter making very high quality dolls. Plus she had both a face up and full body blushing by the daughter, eyes and a wig and a dress that her previous owner had bought.

None of my other dolls have cost nearly as much. No regrets, though, I love her.

7. He was about 650 usd, full set :) He's the guy in my avatar

8. If I remember correctly my first doll, a B&G Sky, was around $300 back in 2008. I later sold him, because my taste changed :)

9. My first was a €175 Doll Leaves Steven, a starter doll but still one that I immediately fell in love with and never regretted buying to this day! I'm currently about to treat myself on my birthday to buy a more expensive DC sculpt that I've wanted from the start!

10. My Dikadoll Jia was around $260, a bit more if you count shipping and clothes/wig

11. 768.15 USD after shipping (70) and insurance (19). Fullset Ringdoll Wo Long was 679.15 USD. I got lucky on a sale so I saved but then splurged on shipping. Overall I did not spend over the original doll’s price at 799 USD. ;) He’s going to be my first woo

12. I ended up spending close to $450 for my first doll.

13. My first to buy was a Dollzone Neveu from Alicecollections, but the first to arrive was Tasha, my BlackCherry Eirlys that is in my profile picture. Neveu took forever to arrive so she grew a bit out of favor and now not sure I am going to keep her. She cost me $220 blanc and Tasha cost me 350 but she came with the most gorgeous mayakdolls faceup

14. My first doll was a Resinsoul (I forget her name/sculpt the one with satyr parts) and I still have her,she was 200 USD.

15. I just ordered my first doll!! He was around $150 without shipping; a Bei from ResinSoul. ^^

16. My first resin BJD was $145 from ResinSoul

My very first was an OT bjd that I paid I think around $50 for a blank.

17. My first was $400 after conversion rates and shipping. Bought him pre-loved, the lady I bought him from was very sweet. He came with clothes, boots, the cutest pair of sneakers, two wigs, 3 sets of eyes and his face-up is still prefect. He was totally worth it.

18. My first doll was a custom ddp (dollfie dream pretty) ddh-01 before ddp bodies was accessible to the USA public. I paid shy of $750 for her including shipping since her head was from a European artist and her body came from yahoo japan.

19. Mine was about 700 USD. Aiko, a custom mini Dollfie dream. Blushed body was 500, 208 for the head. I only have 4 girls and knew I wanted 4 from the beginning as I’m not a collector.

20. I ordered a ResinSoul Xun when the sculpt was just released and had an introductory price of $128
      With light tan resin, faceup and heel feet plus shipping the total was $197
      Mira has been a problem child but I love them!