1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. I was talking about the aimerai yui Lol sorry I want to get her but I haven’t seen anyone who has her

2. I guess my first doll was probably about $200 but it's hard to remember a decade ago. Obitsu 60cm. I'm sad they've stopped making them, for vinyl she was perfect. My first resin was similar price because of second hand, smaller size, and I feel like there are more affordable companies now.

3. Eeek! :aeyepop:
      Looks like I spent a little over $400 USD on my first doll including head, extra head and body. Not sure I even wanna think about how much it was in CAD :abambi:

I’ll probably end up spending even more on her too since I would really like to get her a body with better posability.

4. Ah ok, no worries you just had me confused a moment is all, best of luck in finding her!

5. $1570 & $1550 USD, before shipping. I bought 2 IOS limited full sets (Class 70 & Class 50) at the same time. Not shipped out yet but I’m sure shipping cost will also be painful :sigh

If they didn’t include the exclusive accessories and faceups they’d probably be around $590 and $440 for the blank head + body, based on other IOS prices.

6. My first doll was a gift from two dear friends, so free? The first one I purchased, though, was a blank Fairyland Minifee Ante for $397 that I bought with money I received for Christmas from my parents in late 2017.

7. My first BJD costs $548+ as I bought him extra feet and accessories. Before I was into BJDs, I have had a few smaller dolls such as OB11s and nendoroids and they are much cheaper. They are cute and easy to be carried around so I still play with them a lot. :XD:

8. My first doll is going to be a Venus Halo fullset. I'm still doing the layaway payments. She cost me over 500$, and I only just did the first payment for her.

9. My first was about $980 including shipping. That is a little expensive in my view, but i believe i will buy a more expensive one in the future. I feel dolls for me is a fateful encounter, and even better is that they are relatively cheap.

10. $508 for the doll + $25 for the face-up! :aeyepop: But I'm also into lolita fashion, so I already have the mindset where I feel comfortable spending large amounts of money on hobbies/frivolous' things, as long as they're beautiful and make me happy. Life is too short not to be surrounded by beauty when possible...

11. My first (in my avatar) was a custom fullset + extra dress, and she was around $550.
      For the amount of customization she got, it was worth every penny imo. :3

12. Over 400 USD for a Raccoon doll Elf Kai with faceup and silver wig. Currency conversion meant I spent AUD $682.22. He's just been listed as queued for shipping.

13. My first doll was a Dolk Sebastian used from eBay and he was $2,300, Aud

14. My first full doll was Doll Family A's Max, and he was $320 plus shipping from Alice's Collection.

15. I feel bad saying it was around $700 :sweat and it wasn't even a fullset!

It should have been just about $475 (otherwise blank doll with company faceup, no extras, basically just a body and head) but I had to convert the company's listed USD price to my own currency which booted the price super high.

In hindsight I wish I had asked them to invoice me in CAD instead (although idk if that's an option?). Their company is based in Korea which as far as I know uses Korean won as a currency, I believe they just list prices in USD on their international site? It would have been a little cheaper if the price had been converted from won to CAD instead of won to USD to CAD, because the USD to CAD exchange rate is absolutely abysmal.

16. My Mystic Kids Francis was $192 USD from acbjd before tax and the paypal fee. Which was $244 CAD for me.
      I absolutely agree with ashefaust about the exchange rate!!!! That's the only thing that's stopping me from buying the more expensive dolls that I want because the higher the price, the bigger the price difference between USD and CAD :(

17. My first doll was a 5 Star Doll Tumnus (my avatar). I got him in 2011 via 5 Star's Summer Event. I believe he was $250 but if you spent over $300 you could get a free 1/6 doll plus a blank 1/3 head. I made up the balance with a wig and faceup for Tumnus. I got a free 1/6 Rex and the 1/3 head of Edmund. So actually adding their values together, I got quite a bargain.

18. I bought my first two dolls (Dollfie Dream 9S and 2B) at once: one did cost $600 and the other one $700 (those were fullsets though).

19. The first doll I purchased was about $700 due to the fact that I had purchased her full set. And then immediately after I bought another doll for $500 because she needed a friend :XD:

20. My first doll according to the website was 570 but my roommate bought her for me so technically I didn't have to pay anything?