1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. Mine was around $350? I think. I have bad memory :sorry haha! It was for a Withdoll Lamb Lea with a faceup. :thumbup

2. im still waiting for my first doll, but for me it cost around $760, including shipping. so definitely not a cheap first doll, and that was with a discount too!

3. My first doll was a Doll Legend Mujin that I bought earlier this year at a con. The doll herself was $210, but I probably spent closer to $350 on her since I bought her with a wig, three outfits and shoes.

4. When I first decided to buy a BJD, I was only thinking to spend around $300, just to see if I really into it...but ended up ordering a $800 doll, because it was love at first sight! And he wasn't available for sale (He's actually sold out and a limited edition doll, I believe). But fate has it, I emailed the company inquiring about him and low and behold...he's coming home to me!! :D:love

5. My first doll was about $230 dollars with faceup and shipping. I bought a ResinSoul Feng 70cm boy that was in stock at Denver Doll Emporium because I like dolls in the SD or 1/3 scale.

6. My first doll was a Resinsoul Bao for $122 including shipping from DenverDoll. A pretty great price for me to get into the hobby with. :3nodding:

7. About $400 for a Volks MSD doll from one of their US distributors at the time.

8. My first doll was a CP/Luts Delf Yder bought direct from Luts and I paid around $600 for him including shipping and a wig but otherwise blank and naked XD I've had him for 11 years now *_*Here is a recent picture of my moldy oldie XD
      [​IMG]

#68 Nefla, Nov 6, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    9. Hm. I believe I paid about $375 for mine. Then again it might have been more than that after the body blush and I wanted my Vita's heart chamber thingy painted...

10. Mine was an Xmas kit special from Soom: $488 including faceup and shipping.

11. Mine first costed me $300 they gave me boots for free :P and they are still my fav

12. my first doll is Luts Soo, she cost around $700 with faceup and some clothes? That was in early 2007. omg almost 10 years have passed...

13. The first doll I ever purchased was a Dollshe Saint during a 1/2 off event in 2010, and I believe the price was around $300-$350.

14. my first doll was my doll leaves oscar ^-^ although he was 160 total because of an event i only paid 80 because my parents wanted to help get my first doll ^-^

15. Just ordered him. He's a soukdoll kid titika. He was 422$ I figured if I was gonna do it I needed to get what I wanted. I also ordered a miracle doll head miao that was 157$ I wasn't ready to spend 528$ for him so I got his head for now.

16. My first was a Resinsoul Li for I think $150, which also included her faceup. I wasn't ready back then to drop so much money on a doll, but now that I know how happy they make me, I'm willing to spend what I must for what I want.

17. My first doll comes from Volks, which pays about 1300 USD.:whee:

18. With shipping & the extras I bought with her, my first doll was $400.
      Quite a pretty penny!

19. I believe she was just under 300$.

20. Hmm, with shipping she was around 350usd - I can't remember exactly ^^; I bought her as a fullset so I could get an idea of what a "complete" doll felt like *noob*. Plus the fullset was overwhelmingly cute anyway, sooo...