1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. Mine was $275 and I was very lucky since he came in his original box, three sets of clothes, two wigs, and a pair of eyes!

2. My first was a Bluefairy Emilie whom I ordered from Luts in 2015, using yard sale money :lol: (I had a lot of stuff accumulated from childhood, lol) Got her with a face-up and I think she was around $300 total.

3. Well, first doll I ordered was a limited edition IH Dexter, EID on superhero body. Sooo, about $1000....

4. Mine was ordered from Luts with a company faceup, and she came to about $374. Could have been worse, but I do wish shipping wasn't so expensive!

5. My DZ mo2 was about $300 with the company face up (not including shipping). I'm not sure exactly since I snagged him while he had a small discount. I also purchased him right before they discontinued him. :celebrate

6. Mine was around $300. He was a limited Angel Region LF tan Ren, with a lovely default faceup and wig.

7. $150 for a Luts KDF Ani.

8. I'm in the process of saving for my first dolls. I'm getting two at once because I think I'll enjoy it more if I have characters that can interact with each other, but it's going to be pricey. Almost $400 before I even start thinking about things like wigs or clothes or shipping.

9. My first is a Resinsoul Bei. I paid $160 for her including wig, faceup, two extra sets of eyes, and shipping.

10. Mine was a Bobobie Mei for around $150.

11. $328.46 for the doll (which was on sale and they had a event where you could get a free faceup), the bodyblushing, wig, headcap, and eye putty. plus 60 for his outfit and i still havent even bought his eyes yet. (or a carrier or shoes)

12. I spent $296 (without shipping) with Nashi, my Kid Delf Yuz, because I choose him with make up.

13. My first doll was around $400 total when i got him. I luckily managed to het him during a sale so when I added things to him I ended up paying the amount for what his base price was originally so I got lucky.

14. $182.00 with shipping.
      Few days later put a doll on a 4 month layaway for $491. :whee:

15. My first doll was from Mirodoll, $125 with shipping.

16. My very first doll was $110 and the price has only gone up since then, haha! I was saving up over $700 so I could order a DOD Shall and I caved $100 in and but Allura, an Everpurple tiny that was quite cheap and was released while I was saving. I really wanted a doll and she fit the budget, plus she was adorable, so I caved and bought her. I'm so glad I did now! :)

17. Crobi Keith was $720 including the shipping. I bought him along with a faceup and some other extras like the wig. I think the shipping is what made him so expensive :lol:

18. Mine was about $500 (for a DIM Kassia).

19. More or less 600 usd

20. I got lucky and fell in love with a cheap sculpt Doll Love Yiyi, it was around 100$ :)