1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. Mine was around $500 with shipping. She was a second hand Dollfie Dream Moe, but she came with everything included. I did also end up buying a separate outfit/shoes/wig her at the same time and that was another $100.

2. My first was a Volks MSD kit Mario that I think was $300? It was back around 2004, so I can't remember the exact price. And I can't remember where I ordered him from exactly (must be old age ;)). I still have him, the spoiled beast.

3. Mine was $560 with shipping; she was a secondhand Dream of Doll E-An. I saved for over a year, and then graduated high school. I used some of that money to go towards it. I remember how amazed I was the first day. :)

4. He is still on his was OTL

I think mine was 165 USD $,they are a Doll Leaves Maya

5. Mine was more on the cheaper side, especially for an SD.
      I think I paid around $450 for her.
      Which you can buy MSD for . Haha.
      But I never had any issue with the quiality of it.
      I actually still have my first doll. C:

6. mine was over 9000

7. My first off-topic BJD was $50 or so--She's a Hujoo "Hujoo" sleeping sculpt modded to look like a robot.

My first on-topic doll was about $200 with shipping--I waited for an event at Planetdoll. My Planetdoll MSD Riz is my "constant companion," as Eloise would say: she's small enough to travel with me, unlike my larger dolls.

8. Mine was under $200. (Although I did purchase a $30 abs for myself before that I gave to my daughter after its arrival.)

9. $250! He was an Obitsu Sheba. A really nice doll with a great price, but anything vinyl is hard mode and not the best choice for a beginner. ;w;

10. My first doll was exactly $166 and she was a Resinsoul Mei from DDE who I still have

11. $145. But the doll was damaged and yellowing.

12. My first doll was $205 plus shipping and second hand.

13. Including shipping, she was $300US for the fullset, because of the awful exchange rate, that's almost $400 Cdn!! It's been 3 months and she is still not shipped so right now it is seeming like way too much but I am sure I won't feel that way once she arrives!!!

14. 700$ Or 800$ and mostly because she had a limited edition head with faceup. I bought her piece by piece over the years.

15. $441 for my Impldoll Filraen. I ordered him through Alice's Collections, so I opted for the $100 worth of accessories rather than paying shipping~.

16. Mine is a Mirodoll, so after sale discount and with shipping, she was $200, because I got her in dark chocolate.

17. I went on the more expensive side and bought my HZ BOSS from Mint on Card for around $490 with the original faceup. I wanted to start my collection off with an SD right away since that was the size I fell in love with first!

18. Mine was $850ish, I think (it was a long time ago), and was a secondhand Volks Heath with his original fullset.

19. Mine was around $250 something.

20. Mine is going to be pushing $1000 when ya all said and done. For my first doll I did took on a hybrid with a custom head, and after getting his clothes I'm at $900ish with out a face up yet. I went big lol