1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. My first doll is Odin from Island Doll, about US$380. I purchased from a dealer from Taobao.

2. My first one was $550 CAD by the time I paid shipping. But I also got him with the company face-up and a full set of clothes... I probably wouldn't do that again xD

3. My first doll (I bought her a couple of days ago :)) cost me $206 ($159USD), and about $270 after shipping and a pair of eyes :XD:

4. Hi everybody,
      My first doll is a MYou Doll Wind and cost around $193 without shipping (with was around $200). He was nude and blank, but if you add the face-up (make-up artist) and all the other stuff it's maybe $300 easily... :sweat

5. $250 for my dear Lati plus another hundred or so for her wig and clothes.

6. Somewhere around $150-170, I don't recall the exact number anymore. I won him in an ebay auction. :) He was an old doll, so the bidding didn't get very high. Lucky for me, since that was about my budget.

7. My first dolls were purchased at the same time; DC Larry and DC Ada, they were in stock and purchased together for $342 ☺️

8. My lovely RD Dracula full set was around 800$ with shipping.

9. All together with shipping around $600 in 2007. She's a Luts Soo, I got her with a face up, clothes and a wig though...

10. My Resinsoul Ya, who I'm still waiting on ATM, was $186 with faceup and shipping. I got her on the double jointed MSD body. ^u^

11. Around $600 plus $40 faceup. It was worth it though, it's my first and only doll for now.

12. Angelregion Fair Elly - $450 with faceup but it was from reseller that I was going out of business.

13. The first doll I ordered this time around was a Doll Leaves Yoko for $159.00. I ordered her during their latest event period so I also got a Doll Leaves Jeremy girl for $79.50. The first doll that arrived was a second hand Mystic Kids Muxue for $156.00 after shipping.

14. My first doll was ringdoll Tianzhen around $800 with jointed hands.

15. Mine was a DollZone Big Dipper, which was $200 (then shipping), and it was something I had to really consider since it was a limited edition! Totally worth it. Though now I'm afraid to do it's faceup ahaha.

16. Iplehouse Soo with faceup and body/hand blushing, about $700-$800 if I recall. I don't regret it because I adoooore her and she is my forever fave, but I wouldn't spend that much again.

17. Including shipping? Probably around $350. Without shipping it was only about $200 :sweat

18. Mine was a painful $550 (not including shipping) for a nakid 1/6 doll with fantasy parts.
      It was a brand new but 2nd hand limited doll. She is still sitting in my display cabinet.
      I doubt I will ever sell her HAHAAH.

19. My first doll was a little over $500 but she came complete with a face-up, wig and outfit.

20. My first doll was 150 that I ordered, but I received my first doll via ebay first and it was $256. It was my grail doll that was no longer being made. I think my first on topic doll was 290 dollars it was my Withdoll Ruby. I bought her from the company.