1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much would you pay for a doll outfit?

Dec 14, 2020

1. My most expensive outfit so far has been 100$, and I hope I won't go over that... But realistically speaking, I probably eventually will.

2. The most I would probably pay is about $250. Maybe $300, but I would have to REALLY love the outfit.

3. Ideally, I'd like to aim for around $150-200ish as my max for an outfit. The highest I've paid so far was about $180 for an msd outfit, and that was with paypal conversion rates in mind for canadian dollars. If the price range starts dipping closer to an affordable blank doll at $300 (including conversion + shipping altogether), that's where I gotta draw the line. I might as well commit to a fullset doll by that point, haha

4. Oof, i feel targeted here XD I would pay what ever it took really. If i fall inlove with a set an artist has made, and i have the money, i'd buy it. The artist decides what their time is worth and there can be a lotta reasons for a high price. Often i find that the outfits i've seen is totally worth the price. Bought a set for 90usd for an EID man, and it's so well made that i'm surprised it weren't more than that.
      Paying for quality is worth!

5. No more than $100-150, but it really depends on how much I want it!

6. Probably not more than $100 unless it was custom made or commissioned. I'm always willing to bump that higher for handmade outfits or local artists though.

7. Hand made with perfect realistic details? If I have the money to throw away on doll clothes, probably up to 300. More than that the thing better be made of actual gold and diamonds lmao. The one my girl is wearing in my pfp was almost 200. It’s handmade, unique and beautiful. I was ecstatic when I was able to get it off etsy. Very much worth the cost.

8. Huff huff I just spent like a good $150 recently LOL. I spend more money on clothes for my dolls than myself!

9. Not sure I have an upper limit. I’ve paid close to $100 for more outfits than I care to admit, but if I saw something that was absolutely perfect for my doll’s aesthetic I’d probably pay several times that. Luckily I have never come across something like that (yet).

10. I've paid more than $100, but I don't remember going as far as $200. I might if it were something surprising and unique.

11. For me it depends on the design, brand, and quality. I will also be more willing to pay a higher price for things usually if they are handmade. I accidently bought something for 300$ because I misunderstood the conversion, but I have paid up to 200$ for something intentionally before.

12. Most I have paid for an outfit was 120.00 bucks..idk I didn't wanna pay that much but I just knew it would look great on my doll Yumi and it did. So I guess I don't regret paying that much

13. Most expensive outfit I got is about $840. I would say under $1000...:pout:

14. I know this is crazy, but I spent about $900 to I think about or almost $2000 on an outfit. These were very limited high quality outfits. Some made with silk or leather. The outfits came with accessories and shoes as well. I ordered with layaway. Some were raffles/lotteries to win the outfits and some were only 1 or 2 outfits made. I think I only own about maybe 2 to 3 outfits of this price range. I'm not sure, but I don't want to spend that much on an outfit again.

Now I want to keep it under at least $300. I forgot to mention i think the companies were black saturn and peakswoods when they offer limited outfits. I love black saturn outfits, but I usually lose the lottery, but got lucky a few times. I love the limited peakswoods outfits, so if they offer another one I might get it again if I can. I love the limited idealian dokkebi collaboration as well, so if I can only get the outfit by trying my luck by trying to buy the limited edition doll I will try. I haven't been lucky with idealian. I always go too slow. I think idealian limited edition dolls with the outfits are a really good price because it comes as a limited doll, with a face up, and a limited outfit for about $2000 to $3000.

#94 Forever We Are Young, Jul 10, 2023
      Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    15. I would most likely spend up to $300 if it was something I really truly wanted. I can easily justify this because I sew, and make over 90% of my dolls’ wardrobes myself. So adding a special piece here or there feels totally justified…especially since my resin consumption is finally coming to an end after so many years of collecting.:)

16. For a fullset, I've already spent $85. While I wouldn't be willing to go over $100 normally, if the fullset fits the doll so well and I'm not able to find clothes for that doll otherwise, I would go as high as $200 or higher, not sure how much. It really depends on how much it fits the character and how difficult it is to clothe them. Luckily I don't tend to like fullsets, so I can get away from spending the money easily.

17. My dolls aren't in any sort of story/setting that involves intricate historical or fantasy clothing, so I don't usually buy any outfits except shoes - shoe making is out of my skill range - and all the shoes I've bought have been secondhand.
      Part of my motivation with my expanding doll collection is to use all the fabric I've been hoarding since my teens and improve my sewing skills.

18. I myself sew quite well, but I love the work of other masters. If I really like the outfit, then I can pay a lot of money, but not more than 500-600 euros-:)

19. I've already paid over 100$ just for a wig, so spending that much on an outfit isn't out of the question for me.
      The outfit in question must be an amazing outfit (not everyday casual wear), of course, and I'd still have to think it very carefully and do my mental calculations or sell some stuff to afford it because my doll budget is unstable to say the least nowadays, but for that kind of amazing outfit I would pay up to 200$ I think.

20. As little as possible. I've always loved Gem of Doll, but they take advantage of the american markets expected price for a doll. Their US page on Alice can list and outfit for around 100USD. Their Chinese Taobao and Shopee will be around $20USD or so with the same product. They do it on purpose because they only list the new items as 500 other currencies coverting to 500 usd. All the others are priced 100USD or so from US sellers but currency convert to 20USD from the other stores. It can be far cheaper to buy from the JP store and send to US then buy in US.