1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you bathe your doll and wash their clothes?

Dec 8, 2009

1. My guys get washed before meetups, so about once a month. Its only a wipe-down with a wash cloth though, found out the Magic Eraser was actually leaving slight sanding marks on my biggest girl's body from always wiping it the same direction o_o I actually don't really wash their clothes at all. Brand new things I didn't make myself get washed before going on them, but thats it. And wigs get washed a few times a year, because it helps reset the curls on some of them.

2. Well... Guess I bath my boy/wash his clothes as they get dirty? :) Since I don't really have a schedule or make a routine of it.
      For my doll, I clean him as I notice he's got stains, and every few months I remove the MSC coating and apply a new one (there are some stains that won't go away even with a Magic Eraser, hence I always MSC coat my doll). If it's his clothes, I wash them as they get dirty - which can be after a month or after I take him out for some photos.
      ...But the one thing I haven't contemplated doing yet is washing his wigs. I've already ruined a couple, so I'm not sure on how I should wash them (some research is due on my part on this).

3. I don't. They'll only get washed when they're dirty and since I'm really careful with them and hardly play, they haven't so far.

4. I dont really feel like I need to wash them except if they are really messy or because I feel like them when I change their faceup....

Now I answer this when my 2 dolls are in a bath of soap and hot water xD

I just needed to clean everything in my room and they are part of it =P
      Also, I feel the need to wash second hand dolls.... you never know where they were before and it creeps me out a little.... just a little since it took a few months before I wash him xD

For the clothing, I do not know how to was them so I dont... but I will do it at least once in a while when I know how XD

5. I never wahsed my dolls's clothing yet but they tend to get dirty on their arms or stains from their clothing so I brush over them with a sponge or magic eraser about 3 times a month. ^^
      I never bath them regulary, though. Just if I want to blush them or after they arrive to get off all the resin dust.

6. I've actually never bathed them or washed their clothes before. o__o;;;
      I've just never had the need to, I suppose. I've only taken out my MSD boy once and it was to a hotel for a convention. They're always at home so they don't really get dirty.

7. I don't wash my dolls' clothes too often unless they're looking dirty. They do a A LOT of play time, and I usually wash their hands once a week. I often take them to work or the fabric store, and they get handled often. Somehow they get dirty faces, too. If we've been out taking pictures at the beach, I'll often wash them down before putting them in their PJs.
      My Lucien actually had to have a thorough cleaning yesterday: Somebody wet his bed, and it wasn't him. >_< (I suspect a certain small black cat who thinks she owns everything.) I had to wash his bedding and his jammies, and then scrub him twice! He's an Obitsu, so he's hard vinyl and can take the water. Poor guy. I was still a little stinky, so I sat him on my knee (above water) when I took a bath and washed him with a soapy washcloth. The steam against his vinyl caused condensation, and he actually looked like he was sweating. Seems to have worked, though. But I don't think he'll want to have another bath for quite some time.

8. I just wash my dolls when they get dusty & do the same with the clothes. Everything needs a little freshening from time to time.

9. My dolls I just check over generally once a month or before and after a meet to see if they are dirty. They don't get very dirty.

Clothes, unless I've made them and washed the material before hand, they don't get washed except for spots I notice. I don't trust washing things if I don't have to.

10. My boy is taken apart and bathed at LEAST once a month. Other times they're cleaned with a wash rag or magic eraser. But I also have to hot-glue sued him often.

11. I often clean them with a magic eraser because no matter how many times you wash the clothes a little bit of staining can occur. Usually when I take them out I check them over and clean them up. As for clothes I wash the jean material clothing as soon as I get it and everything else I wash once and then only if they get dirty do I wash them again. There are so many small pieces that it would be easy to lose them if I was to wash them all the time. :3

12. I don't wash their clothes... But I bathe them every now and again.

13. never wash their clothes. never bathes Aiden. used to bathe seth all the time XD (hes white skin and i bought him second hand)

14. hmmmmm...I have soaked some of my boy's clothes and I used to magic eraser him once a week but now he gets cleaned maybe twice a month or whenever I notice he's really dirty....

15. I unstring my dolls and gave them a bath once per month or when they're really dirty, I actually like cleaning them, lols! XD
      As for clothes, I washes them if they got dirty or stained my dolls.

16. I've only actually washed a doll a couple times, and that was after taking them to a con or a meet. I don't take them out a lot though.

And clothing... I've never washed their clothes. ^^; I'll run a tape brush over them if they're getting a little fuzzy, but they've never been thrown in the laundry!

17. My dolls only get cleaned if they get dirty, which is... I dunno, 2-3 times a year. I never wash their clothes. If something gets linty I lint-roller it, but otherwise their clothes don't get dirty.

18. I only seriously bathe my dolls when they get restrung, or before there being sold. Usually just a wipe down with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser solves any stains that need to be cleaned off.

19. I may be a bit of a clean freak. My dolls get bathed once a week or right after they have been outside. I wash them with a soapy wash cloth and I only use soap that is safe on the resin. The magic eraser gets used when I notice little smudges on them. I wash theirs clothes and wigs frequently as well, after they have been wearing them for a bit or if I have taken them outside.

I feel that even if my dolls don't go outside, they and their clothes still need to be washed frequently. I mean after all I handle my dolls, and even if I constantly wash my hands, stuff is still going to get on my dolls. Also if they are sitting around in the house, they are inevitably going to get dust and dirt on them. Even though it isn't all that noticeable, it's still there. They also can pick up germs too, like if I touch my dolls when I am sick, this is to prevent from making myself sick again once I have gotten better.

20. Gee, I feel like a filthy swine with all the folks washing their dolls all the time... I can't imagine myself washing them at all, unless there is some catastrophic soiling, like falling into a puddle during a photoshoot - but why would I allow that to happen? For everything else there is spot cleaning with Magic Eraser. All my dolls have sophisticated blushing, I wouldn't want to damage it with this constant scrubbing. As far as clothes, I don't use staining fabrics for my dolls, and blue jeans get a vinegar treatment beforehand.