1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you bathe your doll and wash their clothes?

Dec 8, 2009

1. Only when I'm changing their faceups or body blushing really, since I don't play with them except for in really clean environments they rarely get dirty.

2. Agreed with Katyok. I DON'T wash my dolls, except for some spot-cleaning if something should happen. I mean, some of the blushing on my Bygg is coming off from handling; I shudder to think what would happen if I WASHED him. Clothes, depending on the clothes, may or may not get a quick scrubbing before I put them on my dolls, but unless they stain or get stained, they're never going to be washed again. I don't see the point in washing dolls/doll clothes, and I'm far too lazy to do so unless absolutely necessary. xD

3. I'm a guy. As a rule, we clean things when they get dirty. If it seems clean, it's clean. The rule works since I don't eat off my dolls. Do you? :lol:

That said, it seems that I clean the dolls themselves big-time about once a year. But always because I goofed up somewhere: a clothing stain or doll carrier(!) stain (always wrapped in plastic when on the road now), scratched something, etc.--anytime there's some damage I have to address, rather than on a deliberate schedule.

In other words, I screw up significantly about once a year per doll. :sweat

That said, I comb their hair, straighten out their clothes and otherwise make them presentable almost every time I see them. To me, this small-time cleaning is part of normal play, so I don't think twice about it. Dolls are "only" good for their looks, so they should look killer, yeah? ;)

4. hmm i think i may have already posted here but i like this thread so i'll give it another go!

i bathe my doll (take him apart and adjust stringing and resuede) about every few months. i wash his clothes whenever i see any dust or particles of stuff on them. i bathe him fairly often due to the fact that i live with a smoker and because it keeps up the 'bond' i suppose; it's something else that i can do with him other than the usual stuff ^^

5. Doll-- only when I notice stains or marks. Very rarely, over-all, like maybe once or twice a year.

Clothes-- Never. They aren't getting dirty after one or two wearings... If something did get dirty, I'd try hand-washing it... but so far... no.

(and I've had dolls since 2004... they get dusty, but I just wipe 'em off now and then... I rarely need to thoroughly wash 'em)

6. Eh, not sure there is much reason to wash my dolls, unless they are actually stained. As for their clothes, same thing. That reminds me I should wash Lico's dress, and I have never done that before so I am a little nervous about it. Anyways, dolls don't sweat or have any other unpleasant smells. So it's mostly just the dust, unless you go dragging them around in your garden and have a photoshoot in the mud or something... oh my...

7. I clean my dolls about once or twice a month, it really depends on how much play they've been getting lately. If they've spent most of the month in their box, once a month. The clothes I wash when they seem they need it. For example, after doing an outdoor shoot and my girl nose-dives into the dirt I'll take her clothes off, wash them and rub her down with a magic eraser. I iron their clothes all the time though, it seems. :lol: After awhile they get really wrinkled from sitting or holding certain poses, so I take them off and iron them to keep them looking nice.

My boyfriend often says I should do a little photostory where the dolls do the things I normally do for them, and half the pictures would be of them ironing their own clothes lol. It would work since I have a small ironing board and iron they could use.

8. i normally don't bath them so often but will do when their hair are too sticky ><

9. I've yet to have a reason to wash their clothes yet, but if I catch sight of any marks/dirt on them it's definitely magic eraser time.

10. How often do you guys wash your boys and girls? Their clothes?

I personally give my girl a full unstringed soap bath once a month but thats just because I'm an absolute clean freak hah, I dont really wash her clothes though! She has enough dresses to have a fresh one every day of the week and she doesn't go outside very often at all, but lint gets in her joints like you would not believe!

11. Depends on how much I play with the doll and how much blushing they have. One of my guys gets a yearly bath because he's one of the most played-with and least blushed. Others haven't ever been washed. As for clothes, I generally wait until they get dirty/dusty or crumpled before I really need to wash them. New clothes on the other hand, are washed at least once or twice before they even go anywhere near a doll.

12. I wash resin only when I've removed face-ups or body blushings... or I would if I bought a dirty second hand doll but that hasn't happened yet.
      I'd wash clothes only if they were dirty I guess.

13. My dolls wear dark clothes most of the time so I would wash them frequently, especially my girl doll who gets used the most for sewing. For clothes, I wash them right after making them to get rid of marks.

14. I have never washed my doll's clothes but this now sounds like a good idea because I hate the lint in her joints >.<

I feel like I don't was her enough honestly but I do it about every half year or after that point once I get the time to do so XD

15. I try to wash clothes once every quarter year unless it is visibly dirty or crumpled. I haven't been able to play with my dolls lately so they only need to be dusted right now.

16. Not that often, really. The dolls that get handled a lot get washed more than the ones who don't, but even then, a full bath is usually just when I've bought one secondhand, I'm redoing blushing, adding tattoos or scars, notice dirt on them, or am preparing to sell them. Laundry is usually even less often. I usually only do that if it has visible dirt, or if it's secondhand and has a lot of pet fur or bad smells on it.

17. I clean them up when I notice they get dirty or when I have time. I wash clothes like... not at all HAHA unless their stuff gets mixed in with mine I just don't see the point. they don't sweat!

18. The dolls get washed when I re-do a faceup/blushing or change string when they are loose. I usually need to do one or the other with second hand dolls. I handle my dolls with clean hands, and they 'live' in their boxes so there's little opportunity for actual dirt to accumulate. I do however, use canned air to spray the lint/dust out of the joints if it's noticeable when I am changing them. I wash the clothes as needed in a lingerie bag along with my own. It's not often for clothes unless they are second hand and have an odor or a new item that is dark. I learned my lesson about dark clothes very early and how the dye can easily transfer. So, the dark clothes go through one or two wash cycles in a bag before going on a doll to minimize any chance of color transferring onto the dolls. They don't sweat, potty or drop food on themselves so it's not much of an issue with the clothes, unless they just need to be 'refreshed'.

19. My dollies get regular washing. I feel it helps me bond with them to clean them and restring them. And as I'm not very good at restringing yet I have to take them apart about every 2 months:sweat So I always wash them then. None of my lovelies have body blushing though, so I don't have to worry about that.

As for clothes washing... I never really thought about it before! I wash all my fabrics before I start sewing, so....... I guess if they wanted to go outside and got their clothes dirty I'd wash them then. And if I bought something dark I'd probably wash it once or twice before letting my doll wear it.:thumbup

20. When I had only a few dolls, I would wash them about once a year. But as I got more dolls, handling was divided between them so they didn't get dirty as fast. Now I have way more dolls than I did back then, and I just don't play with my dolls as much in general. So I basically don't wash them anymore unless I notice something on them. :sweat Though I do wash every doll I get secondhand, even though I've only ever gotten a couple that were dirty. So I will even clean the spotless secondhand dolls I get, because at this point it's some kind of ritual to make the doll my own. Hehe!

The only clothes I have ever washed were ones that marked up my dolls with dye. Everything else just doesn't get dirty. Dolls don't sweat or anything, and I almost never take them outside. I do have plenty of clothes that are wrinkled, but I figured I would have to iron them... I never thought about washing them as a way to remove the wrinkles.