1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you bathe your doll and wash their clothes?

Dec 8, 2009

1. Not sure? I always kept them clean with magic erasers if anything got dirty, never touched them with dirty hands, and most of the time they just sat around, I don't handle my dolls much, just talk to them!xD I wash clothing if they get to dusty, but other then that their isn't really a need to. I think the worst thing was Kleenex dust when I had a bad cold... That covered everything... -_- I use handkerchiefs now... Less chemical fibers to breath in, my asthma is better, and dolls don't get covered in what looks like a light covering of snow! :'D

2. Well i bathe my dolls very often sometimes its even 3 times a weak :P since i drag them almost everywhere with me (arround the house except the basement) and i noticed that only wet clothes can stain a doll even if they are black

3. Thanks, I've been wondering about that. I washed all mine the other day just in case. She's only got black.

4. Please note that even humid is enough if worn for too long
      My doll too wear black all the time
      Be carefull for chinesse boots they stains legs a lot i got really scared when i saw my dolls legs completely black :P

5. Thanks for the info, as it happens she has got some black Chinese boots but she always wears tights. I'll be as careful as I can but there is always the good old magic eraser.

6. Magic eraser? whats this?

7. It's a vital piece of BJD kit used extensively for cleaning them. The usual brand is Mr Clean but any melamine sponge will do it. Go easy around the face though 'cus it is slightly abrasive and will take the face-up off. It can be used wet too. I've only used washing up liquid on a towel so far and that did the trick but for more stubborn stains the MR Clean is your boy.

8. Whenever I noticed dirt on them. :')
      When my Lydia, secondhand doll, arrived home, she had a nice good scrub. Panachec also second hand, had a small scrub, as he had some odd smudges.
      None of my other dolls really gather dirt as they live in their boxes until they get face-ups.

9. Lol, this thread literally inspired me to give my girl a good rub-down. She needed to be sueded anyway!

10. I switch out my dolls every 3 to 4 months. The dolls going back in gets baths and their clothes washed.

11. ......Hmm. I don't really bathe them. A friend of mine in the hobby suggested that, that along with the de-yellowing formula can be extremist. So I just rub down spots and stains with the magic eraser. I've never had extreme dirt happen.

12. If anything gets dirty or scuffed, I clean it...and that's pretty rare. They're not people - they don't spill food on their clothing or get smelly armpits!

13. Whenever a new doll comes, I wash her, because resin dust residues. After every photo shoot in the city, I wipe the soles of their shoes.

14. I wash secondhand dolls upon receiving them, otherwise I mostly just spot clean with a magic eraser when I notice dirt.
      I’ve also started washing doll clothes upon receiving them during the pandemic, but normally I don’t really wash my dolls’ clothes because they don’t go outside and don’t get handled enough to be visibly dirty. I mostly hand-wash, but if a piece looks big and sturdy I throw it in my washer on a gentle cycle. Air dry only.

15. I wash probably 95% of new clothes especially dark colours when they first arrive and especially make sure to with dark or bright colours that could stain but after that my dolls don't go anywhere so nothing is getting dirty.

16. I’ve never washed any doll clothes now that I think of it!
      I gave my dolls a magic eraser scrub down earlier this year and was surprised at how dirty they really were. :o

17. - Before I blush them
      - Before I reblush them

That's it. They don't really get dirty, the clothes don't get dirty, so they only need it as preparation for aesthetic work

18. Any suggestion for washing dolls? Especially those that become yellowish after a few years.