1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you change your dolls' outfits?

May 9, 2017

1. Alex has been sat in a kimono for about 2yrs. He recently changed into a full outfit of a turtleneck, harem pants, and boots for a week...then went back to his kimono yesterday. I guess his kimono is his house outfit; a dressing robe he relaxes in. But, he does look good in it.

I used to change his clothes weekly, but most of those clothes have been sold on now. I plan on replacing them at some point; not all of them, but enough so there can be numerous combos.

2. Most of my dolls have a "favourite" or default outfit that they gravitate back to but lots of other outfits too, both shared and specific to each doll... I change them for meets (especially themed meets) and other events - try to have them in something suitable for the season, and/or whenver I feel in the mood for some doll play, when I've made them something new, or whe I've used them as a fittign model so they're already out of the outfit they were wearing....but am conscious that some of them stay in the same outfit for an awfully long time at a stretch.

Most of the really tiny ones don't have a large rage of clothing. I don't like sewing for very small dolls, so their wardrobes are restricted to whatever I've bought them.

Teddy

3. I've been collecting for over a decade now and have a good-sized collection. They remain constantly on display throughout my home in various groupings. Each doll has their own style and access to a complete wardrobe (at least 4 outfits each for my SDs, MSDs and certain tinies.) The only ones who might share clothing is my genie twins or my fairy sisters...I suppose because they're biologically related, and those dolls have even larger wardrobes. It's a good thing I can sew or I'd constantly be broke!:sweat I like to change each of their outfits about once a month to keep their looks fresh.

4. I dont change mine often unless I am working on a photo shoot. Usually the boys chill in just pants and the girls in their bras and undies. When I dress them up I just end up stripping them back down again. I just my dolls just like chilling half nude.
      Dolls I dont handle much dont usually change their clothes once I get them styled how I like.

5. I change my daughter's clothes almost everyday. i was tempted to change her into pyjamas when we go to sleep, but the effort and time to do it is killing me on everyday basis.

6. So far, my boy only has a set of pajamas and one daywear outfit. I'm working on it, though! I'm definitely the kind of person who wants to change his clothes often. I'm not into changing wigs and eyes, though. I feel like once I find the right pair of eyes for him, he'll keep them forever. With different eyes he wouldn't look like himself, I'm afraid.

As for wigs, I feel like I'll probably change it very infrequently. Maybe after a couple of years I'll get bored. I don't know. But I found the perfect one, so I'm very in love with it right now.

7. Some of my dolls are changed every few months or so, and some of my dolls have been in the same clothes for at least a year. A few don't have many have options, so that's part of the issue. The smaller ones are also easier and quicker to change.

8. All my dolls are my original characters, so the style of their clothes depends on the setting of the story. Plus, I have them colour-coded, so according to their outfits, it's Mr. Brown, Mr. Black, Mr. Gray, Ms. Amaranth, Mr.White and (hopefully) upcoming Ms. Cerulean.

That being said, because of their default colours, they usually tend to have just one or two outfits they are permanently stuck in. When doing a photoshoot, I try to mix different peices together or at least add a bit different accessories to create an illusion of a large wardrobe :D

9. With me, it varies from doll to doll. Some get their outfits changed every few days (rotating through their wardrobe, of course) and others hardly ever change their outfits. I do like to dress them seasonally, and many of them have at least a winter sweater and a warm-weather top or dress.

10. i just change it up when i get bored of what they are wearing, they don't normally have their own outfits but there some characters have a specific style of clothes that coincidentally no other doll wears. i don't do seasonal, just what makes me happy that they are wearing :)

11. It depends on the individual doll over here. Some of them (Sjhan, for instance-) have "One True Outfit" that suits them so well they never wear anything else. Others (Ophelia and Tien Jen, I'm looking at you two... <_<) seem to end up in a different outfit every other day. Most get switched every month or so, because I'm paranoid about stains.

12. I only change mine rarely. The dolls mostly just sit around looking pretty, I don't tend to do too much with them.

The only time really is if I want to photograph them in something different.

Or if I've bought them clothes that they have never worn. I figure that changing them means I haven't just wasted my money. That can take months to get around to doing though.

13. Well, my plan is to eventually have 4-5 outfits for each doll but... I'm not there yet. As I'm still shelling key characters from my stories, accessories aren't a priority. Many of them only have one outfit, or are in ill-fitting clothes. Luckily, my wishlist is slowly dwindling, so I'll be able to take care of their clothing options soon. After I have all the dolls and a greater number of outfits, I can see myself changing their clothes fairly often. For the ones who have the option now, I'd say I change them once every month or two.

14. I love sewing, so my dolls have a lot going on. I honestly think that being able to make things for them is my favorite part of having them at all...

15. I am the exactly like @Foxbright and sew for my little lady, she seems to in a new item every weekend!

16. Not nearly as much as I'd want to as I have almost no $$ to buy clothes and I can't sew to save my own life so...

17. often every mounth. But not all dolls.
      Often my MSD, get a change outfit ^^

18. Almost never. I am extremely pick about what my dolls wear, so a lot of them have been sitting around in very basic, boring clothing (simple pants/shirt combo) as I hunt around for what I consider their "true outfit". Some of them have been waiting for their true outfit for YEARS. In the past I tried purchasing a few cheaper, cute but not 100% perfect pieces, and I was never happy with them, so I've since discarded that practice. Now I wait it out, until I absolutely KNOW what will work. I'm not very good at pulling coordinates together, so I typically seek out full-set outfits which also limits my choices.

19. I change my dolls outfits, generally, when the ones they are wearing aren't inspiring me anymore.

20. I use to change them for summer and winter, now I kind of got lazy and change them once a year rotating their summer cloths. I should prolly buy more clothes and change them more often. That will me my goal for the rest of this year and starting next year.