1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you change your dolls' outfits?

May 9, 2017

1. I don't have a ton of doll clothes, so it's not that often that my girl sees a change.
      Most of the time, I tend to change her outfits or toy around with her clothes when I've had a stressful day and need something to calm my mind down.
      Or, I'm just really tired of seeing her in a certain outfit.

She could honestly go about a month in the same outfit before I change it though

2. For my dolls, I have a main outfit and several other ones. When I get tired of the main, I swap out for a week or so and then realize how much I loved the original and switch back XD

3. My oldest doll was an only doll for 4 years, and you know how only children are, he has about 2 - 3 dozen outfits, the others have 2 - 10 outfits. My dolls are bald nudists that live in their original boxes inside a closet, so that they do not yellow. About once a month I get one out and sew it a new outfit, I am part of a good sized doll group, we meet every couple of months, and I always want the dolls I take along to have a new outfit each time. I am a very experienced seamstress, and doll costumes are my favorite art form. Sewing for my dolls is how I play with them.

4. I've had dolls that have worn the same outfit for the entire time I owned them! But most of them, I try to change with the seasons. When the weather gets hot, there's just something uncomfortable about seeing my dolls in long-sleeved shirts.

5. I don't have any bjds, but I definitely plan on changing her clothing. And, on christmas, I plan on changing them to a more holiday theme.

I also plan on taking a lot of photos.

6. I have three big boxes of doll clothes! And for each photo shoot I pick out a new look for a doll so that pictures won’t seem to be taken within one day))

7. I'm still assembling my doll wardrobe (though I have a lot of accessories >_<) but I try to change Annix's clothes with the seasons. He's got one "warm weather" outfit, a middle ground outfit which is his default and then some fall jackets and winter sweaters. I don't like to change him more often than that because he's a little floppy, but I do give him different accessories in his photoshoots.

8. I store my dolls naked and bald in their boxes, as I have active young cats who like to steal wigs and chew doll hands. I sew for the dolls continually. so I change their clothes pretty much every time I get them out, as sewing for them is how I play with them...but they go right back in the box, sans costume when I am done with them each day.

9. I sew something new almost every week for her. Sewing is the reason I wanted a doll and so far it's so much fun!

10. If I love an outfit it can stay on a doll permanently. I am particular about clothes so it can take a while to find what I want for a doll and they can sit around nude for a long time or be wearing just a corset and stockings.

11. I have 2 doll bodies now and I change them around once every one or two weeks. Sometimes when I'm lazy I just lift up their clothes to check whether there are any stains, if it's ok I'll just leave it on for a while more :lol:

12. I change clothes whenever I feel like it. I get bored quite easily, so maybe once a month.

13. Each of my doll owns 1-2 sets, one set is default and the other is casual. The default look is on most of the time but when I am in the mood to change, I would switch to casual. Hahaha I am a moody dresser myself :)

14. Pretty much... never? None of my dolls really wear casual clothes, I prefer sort of "iconic character" looks. I usually keep adding more detail to a single outfit with layers and accessories, instead of creating multiple outfits per doll.

15. I change their clothes two to three times a year. It depends who I have out the most. Everyone is rotated around every four months.

16. Some dolls get changed every month and some others stay with an outfit set for 2 years, because I really like it on her ^^;
      Volks My F-54 and Saki get their outfit change often!

17. Not very often. Just change doll's cloths for photoshoot :XD:

18. I change the outfits on my dolls quite often really. They usually don't sit in the same one for more than a week; which means my boy swaps between his leggings and shorts because that's what he likes/has at the moment, but my girl is constantly being changed because I have her out more to work on clothing projects.

:sweat Last night I redressed her into a long shirt/dress combo with some jean leggings, socks, and shoes because I had planned on taking her with to get craft supplies tomorrow. She couldn't very well go out in her underwear~ XD

19. My dolls pretty much only have one outfit each, so I don't really change their outfits haha

20. some times seasonally or just when i bought them new clothing XD