1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you play with your dolls?

Jan 18, 2021

1. I have to giggle when I think of "playing" with dolls the way I did as a child. Back then I would make my dolls act out stories. I would have them talk to each other and walk around. Especially my Barbies, which were small enough to hold and do that with them.
      Now the way I play with my dolls is that I spend time dressing them, changing their clothes and wigs, trying out different looks, etc. I really enjoy that, and it is very relaxing. I have 3 or 4 changes of clothing for many of my dolls. I also like to change their clothing for the weather.

2. I play with them a lot, usually 4-5days a week

3. First me, I don't play with them as much as I thought I would. My dolls don't have enough wardrobe to switch on and off. So they're just in my glass cabinet looking beautiful. LOL i should just really stick to buying full set as I'm not creative enough to design them their own clothes.

4. As often as I have time for.
      By playing with I mean change their clothes and wigs.
      I really want to do photo stories, have lots of ideas, but no time at the moment.

5. When I first received my doll, I was very nervous about damaging her. So she sat on my shelf for a week or two. I was constantly admiring her from a distance and changing the positioning of her hands slightly. Then the other day I decided to get her down and take some photos. Once I was done, I sat her next to me while I played a game and watched TV. It was wonderful! I kept turning to her and cupping the back of her head for some reason. I also touched her hands a lot.

Anyway, that opened the floodgates. Now I want her sitting with me all the time :3nodding: sadly I have a skin condition so I can only do that on days when my hands are okay. But I've bought her a case so that we can go on outings together, and take more photos.

6. Every day.

With some of them it's less often, but with my Pukipuki Pongpong, it's pretty much every day as I don't really go out without him. I have a steel sunglass case that I pack him in and carry with me almost every time I go out. It helps to have him with me when dealing with situations that require contact with people.

7. l tinker with my crew all the time.. I almost always have one or another of them out of their cabinet for restringing, or a change of outfit, or cleaning, or sewing-project fitting or something.

8. @Ruinscathedral totally the same. I love having them near.
      @Tippetarius I feel the same way, I love my crew.

I love seeing how everyone interacts with their dolls. Even if you aren’t playing with them, you are looking at them and keeping them around. It sounds very rich and varied.

The more I have, the more I play with them. I am beginning to sell clothes and a friend saw my collection, bought two of my dolls and a number of fashions. She then ordered more. She wasn’t into dolls until she fell into my lair. Here’s what I did yesterday. Raccoon Gene in her nightie. Now she keeps me company while we watch TV in the evening. So fun! ❤️

[​IMG]

#88 Frillseeker, Sep 14, 2022
      Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    9. I would say most of the week(when I have time of course) usually trying to finish the unfinished dolls.

10. To be honest, I feel happy to collect the dolls rather than playing I love to repaint and dress up the dolls, but I rarely take pictures. I just enjoy to see them.

11. I don't necessarily play with them in the sense a child would play with a toy, but I change my doll's clothes every so often. Sometimes I set her up to be around when I'm doing things like gaming or whatever. I would like to get more into maybe taking photography of her and whatnot, but that hasn't happened yet.

12. I don't really play so much. I have them in a display case and I do look at them daily. I have been "off and on" making resin eyes.

13. I don't really do anything at all with mine besides buy them stuff and dust them occasionally. I don't even like taking photos of them much. I just like having them around!

14. I do play with mine, and I like to have them out when I’m writing for them - but how often I sit down and like “play” really depends on my work schedule and how much free time I end up having during the week. But I’d say they get outfit changes every 2-3 days at minimum just because I get bored of looking at the same outfits when I have dolls out on my book shelf (I have 4 and normally keep out 2 at a time).

15. I love my dolls, but I don’t have much time for them. It’s upset :(
      I usually take out the dolls when they have new stuff. Taking picture is very fun, it can take one hour or all day. But the rest of the time they sit in a closed closet.

16. I don't really mess with my dolls until it's time to change their clothes or redo a faceup, etc. I really want to take more pictures of them, though, so that has slowly been changing.

17. I don't "play" with them as much as I would like, as life gets in the way and all of that. I always have time to change their outfits each 3 months tops, though, as I like to get them dressed according to seasons and sometimes also to certain festivities (like halloween anad such).
      Besides that, I sometimes get one of them out of the cabinet to sit by my side as I'm working on the computer or studying and that happens once a week or so.
      Next year I also want to try to take more pictures of them, I may open an instagram account only for my dolls so I can upload whatever there and do not worry much about what my family or friends outside the hobby might think.

18. I have at least one doll with me on my sofa every day. It's my comfort. Coming home from work, tired, and sitting down with a friend I can pet and play with their hair or hold their tiny hand or lay them across my lap or hug them. I change outfits less frequently, but having at least one of them sitting with me is my favourite way to play.