1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you update your wishlist?

Aug 22, 2018

1. Not that often. I'm getting really close to getting all the dolls that I can handle. There are a few dolls that I would love to have but alas~! They are very limited and hard to get.

2. Only occasionally. Most of the dolls on my wishlist are really almost impossible to get. So I reserve the wishlist for them.

3. Same here! :celebrate Every time I see a new sculpt I love! (Which is way too many to handle) :whee:

4. Mine is forever changing and growing over time. All it takes is for me to stumble across a doll, and they melt my heart. Then and there I decide that I need to have them one day! Similarly, I've had dolls that float on and off my wish list, but that's more attributed to the fact that they are very limited (so I almost give up hope on ever owning them).

5. More often than I change my socks, LOL. Okay, maybe not THAT often, but I'm always taking things off my wish list and putting them back on as my fancies change. Some items stay on my wish list for extended periods (my desire for a Pongpong has never diminished, for example), and some stay for a few days and disappear as my interests change.

6. I have two wishlists! One is written in a little notebook that I revisit every week or so. It includes all the little things I need to buy as well as dolls I’ve been thinking about and what order I’ve been thinking about getting them. I have my wishlist on here that I update infrequently. It includes dolls that I know 100% that I want and I only ever have one or two of those at a time.

7. Fairly often! I used to be extremely picky about dolls, but then I just kept finding dolls I liked, and started building a doll-verse that could theoretically go on indefinitely... So I'll update my DoA list anytime I have an idea. Usually I'll prune it back on occasion, but that happens less and less... I also use the list to keep track of full names, spelling/kanji, and occasionally nicknames. When they get here, that info gets plopped into the profiles.

Interestingly (or maybe not) the list doesn't usually contain the dolls I see and think, "I want it!!" They have to have a character first - which typically rules out more of the drool-worthy new releases from Soom or Ringdoll... Oh well. There's always the secondhand market for those...

8. The wishlist on my profile used to be every sculpt I like. so it was updated whenever I found a new sculpt! It was a good way to keep track of companies too. I can only remember about 5 at any given moment :sweat
      But now I’ve shortened it to only dolls I will probably get. There’s a very real chance I will change my mind before I get to buy them, but these are all dolls I have plans for!

9. Honestly, I update my wish list a lot! I'm still discovering all of the sculpts out there and coming up with more ideas for new dolls. My tastes are changing from time to time as well so that is another factor in how often I add and remove certain dolls to and from my wish list. I'm trying to narrow it down, but it just can't seem to stop growing! :sweat

10. I don't know what it says about me, but ever since I decided to 'dive in' to the hobby, my wish list seems to be constantly changing. ^^;

11. I update mine every single time I fall in love with a new sculpt I discover, which happens maybe every three months or so. It also depends on ideas I come up with for my dolls stories or characters!

12. I update whenever I drool over a sculpt.
      Then I will slowly accept the fact that I'm incapable of getting it since 50% they are limited and 50% SWITCH TTATT
      In the end, it always changes. Always *sobs

13. I used to have a wishlist, but I noticed that any doll on it would eventually be bought, so to keep the collecting manageable, I’ve decided to eliminate the wishlist. For me, wishlists are a dangerous thing!

14. I don't really have a wish list. Used to but now I have all the dolls I want. It's only if I see a doll that REALLY calls to me that I start saving for it.

15. There are a lot of dolls I love, so lots of dolls on my wishlist! I have a special wishlist though which is specifically dolls that I plan to buy eventually instead of dolls I like and would love to have, but won’t buy.

16. I usually have a list of 9, and i only try to buy only preloved dolls so if they appeared and is not too expensive, i will usually buy it. :)

17. I usually update my list every other month (new dolls aren't added often haha)

18. When I was first getting into the hobby a year ago, I had no idea what I actually enjoyed in practice, so my wishlist was much longer. Now I have at least the beginnings of six dolls, and.. only one full doll I want that isn't home.

The list hasn't gotten longer so much as shifted around all over the place - I have an emotional, fiscal, and physical cap of dolls I can handle, and I think that number is around seven (maybe eight, if I squint).

I absolutely need to have a strong character attached to a doll to care about it, and I'm picky about sculpts I like. Plus a bunch of functionality criteria (posing, clothes they'll fit, how might they hybrid, etc). It narrows itself down.

19. In my more doll newbie days, I used to add to my wishlist any time I saw a new doll whose sculpt I really liked. But I'm a lot more doll hermit-y now (and I'm already at 18 dolls)... so I pruned it way back to the handful dolls I would buy immediately if I ever saw them anywhere, and it's stayed that way for a few years now.

20. I thought I'd stop at 2, but in almost 3 years I've amassed 6 dolls and 1 pet doll, is that fast I dunno? But everytime I see one sculpt and the more i look at it the more i need it lol XD, I thought I had all my grails at 4 but nooOOoooOOooo. Most of them are quite hard to get my hands on though :< which is pretty good I guess XD, controls me in a way