How Old Are You (continued... 2)

Feb 16, 2018

1. I am 33 :dance hullo 30's people!!!

2. I'm 28, got my first BJD at the end of 2015 so I was 25 at the time!

3. I'll be 31 this year :sweat

4. I'm 28! I got my first doll when I was 18, but have been interested since I was 14. :)

5. I got my first doll when I was 19 and am now 23.

6. 35 in August :)

7. Age 21 this year and started last year!! ♡ have ivee 13 dolls now lols

8. So am I :D :D

9. I’m 30, turning 31 this June! which we do not mention in this household!! LOL

It’s actually quite nice that there seems to be quite a spread of ages in this hobby!

10. 27 turning 28 end of March

11. I'm 21:) I ordered my first doll in March 2017 and she arrived a few days before my 21st birthday:XD:

12. The majority seems to be in the 21 to 29 age range. But I'm happy to say I'm in the "over 60" group. :)
      I'm 68, and retired, so I have lots of time to spend on my doll hobby.

I also no longer have parents to answer to when spending money. I don't think I could have justified buying expensive dolls when I was young and still answering to my parents. My parents were not the sort who would have told me that I couldn't collect, but I would have felt guilty knowing I should be saving money.

I also don't have a husband (widowed) to answer to. Though I'm sure my husband would have LOVED BJDs and joined me in the hobby. He also had a collector mentality like I do. He collected action figures and G.I. Joe dolls. I can totally see him with his own BJDs, if he were still around.

#33 ParlourGoddess, Feb 28, 2018
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    13. Lesse, currently im 23 about to be 24 on the 28th of april. I joined the hobby and got my first doll in 2008 when i was 14 so I've been at this for 10 years come may!

14. I'm 38. I'm in the BJD hobby since 2012.

15. I am 71, but don't look or feel it. i have been into BJD since they first came out.

16. I'm 18, and will be 19 in June. I've always loved dolls, and been into bjds for quite a while. Two years? And just got my first doll.

17. 37 years young - joined DoA in 2007 after discovering Souldoll by accident.... didnt we all? :) I begun my lifelong dolling habit when I was just 5ish repairing my friends throw-away Sindy dolls, which years later graduated to repairing dolls including antique museum restorations. My work shop (when it's un-mothballed) scares the bejebus out of the uninitiated :)

18. 40! I can't imagine affording this kind of hobby when I was younger ;-)

19. I just turned forty last month and though I've wanted a bjd for a decade or more, I got my first just a few years back. I personally love the age range that we can see in this hobby and the different perspectives it brings to discussions.