1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Old Are You (continued... 2)

Feb 16, 2018

1. I got my first at around 21 and just turned 33. To be fair, I’ve been out of the hobby a while due to life happening lol

2. I'm almost 30 now and I just started to get into the hobby. I'm finally in a good financial place where I can really invest in my hobbies without feeling guilty. I have been interested in dolls since I was about 15 though.

3. I'm 25, though I've been looking at BJD since I was... 18 I guess. Funnily enough I was better able to afford one back then, but less willing to spend the money.

4. I'm 25 (26 in a couple of weeks haha!). I got my first doll Just before my 24th birthday. I'd been an admirer for a long while prior though! :)

5. I just turned 30 but I have to admit this thread has been really great. It's nice to see such a good age range of people!

6. I'm 44 and have been collecting dolls since my mid/late 20's.

7. I'm turning 30 this autumn. I was 18 when I got my first bjd. Before getting in to bjds I had absolutely not interest in dolls.

8. [Removed for privacy reasons]
      However, I've been interested in dolls since I was 14. Didn't purchase one until last year

#388 SaeyoungChoi00, Aug 3, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    9. I'm 22 and waiting for my first three dolls~ I've always wanted a BJD since middle school and now I can finally afford them! ^^

10. Im 36. But I collect dolls since I was 18

11. I'm 28 at the moment. I started collecting dolls at the age of 18! Time surely flies.

12. I’m 25 now, but was introduced to bjds around 22-23 years old. I missed out big time, but I was in college then and was too busy to focus on them, and left the hobby and just recently started coming back to it since I’m finished with school.

13. I'm 22, and am now finally jumping into owning a BJD, but I've been collecting other dolls since I was 19. I've been in love with BJD's since I was around 12 or 13 though! I think I'm finally at a place where I can justify splurging on something I've been passionate about for so long. :'D

14. I'm 30! I got sucked into this hobby when I was 18, which was great because I got almost all of my dolls back when I was living at home and didn't have to pay bills or rent.... Ah, that was nice... Now I have to be patient and actually save up lololol

15. I’m 18 this year! Been in this hobby since i was 16 so that makes 2 years being in the hobby!

16. I just turned 24. I Hope by 25 I can have my collection complete. Also dolls can be a great bday gift ;)

17. I'm 27, I've been in and out of the hobby since 16.

18. I am 21. I bought my first doll at 16 but later sold her in college now I am seeking another doll from the same company!

19. I’m 32 - just placed an order for two BJDs and very new to the hobby. I paid off my student loans last year so now I can afford them without feeling too guilty :)

20. I'll be 27 in December and I got my first doll when I was 20 (I can't believe that many years passed already).
      When I first joined this forum and others, I was very surprised at the huge variety of ages of my fellow hobbyists.
      Love has no age, no matter if it's towards other person or a doll! ;)