1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Old Are You (continued... 2)

Feb 16, 2018

1. I am turning 34 next sunday. My second bjd is coming my way, so I hope to get him before my birthday.
      For many years I collected vinyl dolls, but last year when I knew about the Rose of Versailles Volks versions dolls, I couldn't resist the temptation and bring my beloved Oscar Home.

2. YALL old ppl Muahahaha im 15 and about to get mai first doll after paying for almost half of it and begging for it to be my birthday present lmao

3. I'm 29 and waiting for my second BJD to arrive in a few months.
      I first saw bjds probably when I was about 18ish thought they looked great but didn't look into them much more than that. I went on to collect MH Dolls for a while then came across bjds again in my 20s and here we are :)

4. I'm 26! I've seen BJDs at American conventions for the past several years and and thought that they were very pretty. My ex-SO also liked them but didn't want to buy any. I've bought 1/6 scale from Azone and PetWorks/Sekuguchi and feel ready to step up to the larger dolls.

5. I'm (now) 25, but I got my first BJD at 15. I can't believe it's been a decade.

6. I'm 28 this year. I got my first BJD few months ago. My second one will get next year.

7. I'm 45.
      5 years in this hobby.

8. I'm 30, been in this hobby 15 years now.

9. I'm 32 at the end of the month! Keep telling myself age is just a number lol

10. I turned 30 a few months ago. I've always had an interest in dolls, mostly porcelain, although the intensity of that interest went though peaks and troughs. I only became interested in BJDs in the last year or so, because before that I only saw "anime-like" dolls, and I greatly prefer realistic dolls. After watching videos of some artists creating super lifelike dolls, I did some looking around and found that BJDs come in different levels of realism. Hopefully I'll buy my first BJD soon, probably a Dollshe Amanda Beauty. I already have exciting costume projects planned for her.

11. I turned 34 in october ^^ though I get told I look like I'm 10 years younger haha ;P I got my first bjd in 2013, and been here at DoA since 2008, though I had already wanted bjds a few years prior to that.

12. I'm 28, got my first doll earlier this year but I've been interested in this hobby since I was 15 haha. Took me a while to commit to dolls!

13. I'm 15! I've been interested in bjds/DDs since I was about 11 and have been lucky enough to be able to earn enough to own them :chibi

14. I’m 19 and I’m currently saving up for my first bjd. I first got to know about the hobby when I was 14 but it wasn’t until currently that I finally took the plunge. Can’t wait to finally be a part of the community! :dance:whee:

15. You're posting so you're already a "part of the community!" :XD::kitty1 You don't need a doll to be a part of it.

Ryu

16. I'm 24!
      I knew about BJD since I was in 8th grade. During that time, I only afforded them by looking at beautiful photoshoot from other BJD owners on Google and Flickr :(
      Then, I kind of forget about BJD, and I moved to nendoroid collecting when I was a freshman in college (until now).
      By the time collecting around 35 nendoroids, still, I did not want to own a BJD since I thought that I was not ready to take care of them ( I had clumsy hands and was an impatient person)
      After 7 years in nendoroids hobby, 2 months ago, I finally felt myself that i was ready enough to bring a new BJD baby home and commit to take care of him carefully ;___;

I meant, I used to like BJDs alot, but I did not have enough money when I was in middle school. Then, when I grew up and got money, I felt that I did not have patient and passion enough to get myself a BJD. Until few months ago, I realized that I was ready and just got myself a BJD for my bday ;__;

17. I'm 15! :)
      And I definitely get what you mean about feeling a bit alone in the hobby. I'm so happy to see all the different ages in this forum though! :lol:

18. 23 and finally got my first doll last year :...(

19. I don't understand why you are upset.

I was in my 40s when I got my first doll, and I'm not the only one that was much older than you when they joined this hobby.

Or is it something else?

Ryu

20. More like tears of joy :lol:. I found BJD in my early teen years when the day that I would be able to afford them seemed impossibly far away!!