1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Old Are You (continued... 2)

Feb 16, 2018

1. I'm 64. I've loved dolls all my life and collected a few artist dolls but never knew about these until my daughter found them about 10 yrs. ago. Since then, my daughter has a DOT Camine and a pukipuki, my son has a pukipuki, and I have a Lati yellow sp and a lati white.
      All my life since about age 10, my mom told me I was too old for dolls, now I find out at age 88, she is collecting her own favorite dolls, haha.
      Never too old.

2. I'm 34. I've been into bjd since high school but didnt know what they were called lol. I bought my first doll like...3 years ago now but haven't had the money to get anymore. I found the community a little overwhelming at first.

I've been slowly getting back into it trying to over come my inner thoughts of "I'm too old. It's too weird"

3. I'm 19, I got my first bjd for my 18th birthday, but I liked bjd since I was 15-16? I feel so small lol

4. I am 45 and I'm pretty new to the BJD hobby. Been in for over a year and have 14 dolls so far.

5. I turn 19 in a couple of days, just recently ordered my first doll!

6. Became interested back when I was 14! 19 now

7. I'm 23! I started collecting resin bjds when I was 21 (non resin ones happened about 2 years prior).
      (@Mirth congrats on ordering your first doll!)

8. Just hit 30 like a freight train. Been interested in BJD since early 20's though.

9. I am 23 and got my first BJD when I was 12. As I’ve grown up I’ve met more and more people with a similar interest in the hobby, and feel so much more comfortable in my own skin as a doll collector. People will always judge, but it helps you find like-minded souls who are creative and open minded. People who are rude about my dolls are probably not people I really want to be friends with anyway.

10. I am 25 and I got my first doll when I was 14. It was kind of hard being a teenager and into dolls because I was afraid other people would judge me and find me childish.

11. I'm 56 and I just pre-orderd my first dolls. a MLA Adele and Luts Delf girl, Arwen and then I decided to get some tinies so I pre-orderd 2 tiny delfs.

12. I will be 64 this month. Always loved dolls and toys but only started "populating" my cabinets in 2012 when I retired. Started with Blythe (I have around 23?) and rapidly included small BJDs :D

13. I’m 27, and I got my first BJD when I was 19 !

14. I'm 32 currently. I've been interested in this community for over a decade but I've only recently been able to afford my first doll. <3

15. I'm 24, I joined the hobby 9 years ago (I can't even believe that) but sort of drifted away from it for a couple of years. Getting back into it now though and I love it all over again. I've had lot of dolls over the years but I only have one currently and I've had him since 2012!

16. I’m 22, turning 23 in a couple of weeks! I’ve been into the hobby since I was probably 14 or 15. In high school, I was worried if anyone found out they would think I was weird. I fell out of the hobby and sold all the dolls I had, but would still look at dolls online from time to time and admire from afar. Now, I don’t care what people think anymore, and I have friends that are super supportive. I finally ordered my new “first” doll and she’s scheduled to arrive Wednesday! :love

17. 28. Was introduced to the existence of bjd, when I was around 14 - 15. I really dug into the hobby in 2017. I've stayed ever since.

18. I'm 26, I joined the hobby when I was 22 and get my first doll. Now I still only have a doll, but I'm going to have 2nd and more dolls next year!

19. I'm 29 and finally got my first doll this month. I've known about BJDs since I was 15. I always thought that they were too expensive but the state of the world this year made me think twice and I decided to start my own collection. I think that if it weren't for the lockdowns and quarantine, I would probably have never picked this hobby.

20. I'm 29 years young, pushing 30 next month. I heard about the hobby back 2003 when I was 12-13, but couldn't afford my first doll until I was 16 (involved a lot of babysitting and dishwashing).

Come to think of it... I was extremely petrified of dolls before I joined. But exposure to BJDs helped me address that irrational fear so that I don't go to pieces when I see something I think resembles Annabelle. Though I stopped collecting in 2015, I love dropping by DoA and visiting the community every now and then to see what's new. It's awesome learning about how people got into the hobby. It's never too late to join!