1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Old Are You (continued... 2)

Feb 16, 2018

1. 30 now, 13 years in the hobby off & on. This hobby is my escape. Expensive. But well worth the price of seeing an original character come to life.

2. Thank Heavens! I'm 71 too. Now i don't feel so alone. Boy, this is a young crowd! (Enjoy it! Time flies.)

3. I’m 18 and hoping to get my first doll soon :thumbup

4. Almost 20 years old. I have been interested in this hobby since I was 13, but I could not afford a doll until I became an adult. :3nodding:

5. 22! I got my first bjd at age 20 but have been doll-obsessed since I was a child lmao

6. turned 21 a few months ago! always wanted a BJD since age 10 and finally got one at 19! :D

7. I’ll be 30 next month. I’ve been involved in the hobby on and off since I was 14 and got my first bjd for my 15th birthday.

8. Turning 21 this year!! I just got my first doll last year but I’ve but I’ve admired from afar (Instagram and YouTube) for years haha

9. 24! It's cool to see that there's a big age range in this hobby

10. Just turned 27 few weeks ago. I had been in the hobby for a while but got the first doll two years go.

11. I'm 33 and I got into the hobby sometime in college then left for maybe 9 or so years? I am freshly back this year.

12. I don't mind admitting again that I am OLD! I'm 72 now. Doll collecting is not just for the under 30 crowd :D The nice thing about being an older collector, is that I don't have to get my parents' approval or ask for money for dolls. That must be hard. But when I WAS young and still lived with my parents, they supported my various choices of hobbies. Back then I was into dollhouses. My parents thought it was really cool.

13. 33 married with two kids

14. 26!
      :sumomo:
      It took about 10 years from initial interest to finally starting collecting but here I am!

15. I am 27 at this time, but I got my doll 2 years ago when I was 25. So far she is the only one, but I'd like to get another one here soon.

16. I'll give my standard answer of; 25 + shipping and handling... :lol:

17. I’m turning 33 in October! Mom of three kids under 5 and two cats.

18. I'm 34 and not much good to show for it :frownyblush::XD:

19. I'm 57. :3nodding:
      I allways loved dolls, but collecting them started around 2004. I added fashion dolls in 2010 and my first BJD found me in December 2014.

20. I just turned 58.