1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Old Are You (continued... 2)

Feb 16, 2018

1. Just scanning through this thread quickly it looks like the majority of posters are somewhere in their 20s. Myself, I'm going to be 40 next month, and currently waiting on a birthday doll. I started my bjd collection 5 years ago, when I bought my first bjd as a birthday present for my 35th. My daughter has a bjd collection as well (she started when she was 13 and I let her choose the free event tiny that came with my second SD) and she will turn 18 this year.

2. 24! Was interested in dolls when I was a teenager and finally joined the hobby 2 years ago!

3. Just turned 26 in April, got into the hobby last year when I turned 25. Actually got my first BJD for my 25th b-day

4. I'm 18 and will be 19 in April. I've been interested in the hobby since I was like 14ish. Recently started saving for my doll.

5. I'm 23 and getting my first this year as well. I got really into fashion dolls (Monster High mostly) about three years ago but I've always had an interest in the art of BJDs and such, although I was never a doll kid as a child.

6. 27.....stuck at home mom with nothing to do with my self!! loved to draw and stumbled into the hobby!

7. I am 25. I discovered bjd at 19

8. I'm 26! :kitty2Received my first BJD in the mail a week or so after my 25th birthday. It wasn't a birthday gift, it just happened to come in around that date.

#148 blackwitchmoth, Jun 23, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    9. I'm 34 and I started the hobby when I was 33 (not very long ago). I have liked BJDs for YEARS, but never wanted to spend so much for a doll. I finally splurged recently and I have no regrets!

10. Im 24! My closest friend in the hobby is 30 :> We've been into them for the longest time but sorta somehow never wanted to get into it alone, then we both got our first ones in the same week of each other XD

11. I'm 20! I just turned 20 this month C:
      I've been wanting to get a doll for years. 6 years to be exact... Looks like I can finally get one soon !! ♥

12. I'm 21, turning 22 on July 30th :) I have been wanting a doll for about two years, and have a modest Monster High and others collection. My Evelyn by Mystic Kids has been ordered, and I'm excited about that!

13. 19, turning 20 in December. I've been into BJD dolls since I saw a let's play of Cheritz's Nameless, I've been obsessed.

14. I first got into BJDs when I was a teenager and got my first BJD when I was 21. I also had a bunch of Pullips too. Somehow life got in the way and I've been away from this hobby for almost 10yrs! Now I just ordered two BJDs and got my Pullips back. I'm gonna be 32 this yr, so glad to l to be back!

15. I'm 20, Though I'm excited for when I turn 21 and my current financial situation improves so I can spoil my dolls more!

16. I’m just getting into the hobby now at 27, after first discovering about it in middle school and then forgetting about it because I was a broke middle schooler.

17. I just turned 23! I got into the hobby when I was about 13 and I'm finally able to start saving for my first doll :)

18. 25, got into the hobby earlier this year at 24!

I'm glad there are plenty of older people (Older than me, I mean) in the hobby... makes me feel less silly about being an adult who is this into dolls.

19. I'm 28! Kind of vaguely knew of the existence of BJDs prior to this year, but not resin ones, and started getting interested when following a MH faceup artist online. Not even a fan of MH, just was fascinated by how beautiful little exaggerated human forms could become lol! As an artist (major in college was studio art), my focus was always the human figure, so I think my new hobby suits me perfectly.

20. My 23 1/2 birthday was just the other day