1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Old Are You (continued)

Mar 16, 2015

1. soon to be 30. Longed for BJD dolls in Volks- my parents absolutely forbid me to buy them- I came back 10 yrs later-

2. I'm 24 years old :D! Waiting for my first to arrive :3

3. I was contemplating whether I should reveal my real age, I decided to do so but discovered that I've lost count of my age. After calculations....

I'm 51 years old but not retired :(. I am still working like crazy-crazy. I collect different types of dolls, mostly vintage. BJDs are my only contemporary dolls. I started BJDs in 2008. I am not active in this hobby anymore. I look forward to the day when I retire, I hope to have more time for my dolls. I hope it's within the next 10 years.

4. Im 24, I have loved bjds from afar since I was just a tween but the cost has meant that only within the last year have I been able to be actively involved in the hobby.

5. I'm 27, I'll be 28 in November. :) I've been collecting dolls in general for about 5 years now, and bjds for a little less than 2.

6. Early 30s (though I fool people) but I've wanted a doll since my early 20s! It's only now that I have funds to put aside for collecting

7. I was 17 when I first discovered bjds and 19 now. I'm happy that I'm not that much younger than most of you guys I had a period when I felt super younger compared to people I followed

8. I'm 20 now, turning 21 at the end of August. I've been collecting since I was around 16 or so I think :O it's weird to think it's been so long.

9. Stargazer, I was able to retire at 60 and will never look back. I now have the time to pursue my hobbies. Dolls have been in my life for 25 years and they will continue. That bring me pleasure.

10. I'm 15 and saving for my first doll, it's hard to save the money since I can't do any jobs (UK)/ my mum won't pay me for odd jobs. I've got £100 so far! I get £10 a week.

11. Heyy!
      I just turned 16! I'm waiting for my first dolls (Myou Grace and Doll Family A Luca). I think it's okay to be a lil younger. I started to research when I was 13! If you know what you are buying, it's okay to buy it! I'm already in love with this hobby and met so many nice people.

Greetings from germany!
      -Lina

12. I'm currently 22 (a university student now), but I got my first BJD when I was about 16. Seems like I've been really into this hobby only for a couple of years, though. Looking back, as a teen I had much more child-like attitude (something close to 'dolls = toys', you know), only the fact of having a doll was essential. Now aesthetics matter much more, dolls have turned into art objects to me, and I'm eager to improve my skills in sewing, taking photos of them and painting face-ups.

13. Glad to see you here! Just had my 63rd birthday. I am retired, too.

14. Happy that you are here! I am 63.

15. I'm 21, 22in november, but I started the hobby at 16! Now I don't have to ask my parents' permission and I do face up to raise money so it's easier

16. I am 66. I only found out about bjd dolls this past February while researching how to knit joints for doll I was knitting --- 6 months later I am simply knitting for the dolls that already come with joints. I have wondered if there are other grandmothers here.

17. Yes, I am a grandmother. Best thing in the world to be.

18. I'm 21, 22 in October,I was 19 when I first discovered bjds, but, I collect different types of dolls for many years before, I have 4 full bjd and 3 heads now :)

19. I'll be 30 next year, I discovered BJD when I was something like 18. I couldn't get one back then, so I make my own out of clay (and horrified my family as I dismembered cheap porcelaine dolls to get eyes and wigs). I was around 22-23 when I finally got my first actual BJD, then two more in somewhat rapid succession. Then I kinda fell out of the hobby for a while, mostly because life was tough and I didn't have the time, but I still made sure to keep my dolls in view, and now I'm happily coming back in the race :D

20. I am a grandma also, 12 grandchildren with 2 on the way. :)