1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Old Are You (continued)

Mar 16, 2015

1. I'm 29 and I just got into this hobby after admiring these beautiful dolls for years!

2. I'm 26 and have been in the hobby since 2007. I was 15 when I got my first doll, he was an Abio Angel, I don't remember the scuplt. My second shortly to follow was an Elfdoll Lydia.
      I took a pretty long break from 2010 until recently. I would briefly pop in and out between the years, but I'm back now.

3. I became interested when I was 16 but had no money. Now I am 19 with a job and in college and still have no money:(

4. I'm 29 now. I got my first BJD in 2012, but I've loved dolls of all sorts (including eyeing and window shopping BJDs) since I was young.

As a side note, I went to Seoul Doll Free Market today and most of the people there who owned dolls were actually children. Their parents were there, but the dolls belonged to the children. Like 8, 9, 10 year old children. I thought that was a little odd. For a child to have such an expensive doll.

5. I've been eyeing bjds for a few years now! I am currently 16, with two dolls! :D

6. I'm 39 and I'm collecting dolls since 2009, mostly BJD and Blythes. I also collected some vintage vinyl dolls but lately I'm downsinzing them to focus on BJD. My Blythe family is complete.

7. I'm 13 and getting my first doll very soon, I've been in the hobby about 2 months and I'm super excited!:dance

8. Nearly 65 here.

When I was 10 my favourite game was building fairy homes in walls, trees, even just long grass (I have never forgotten the excitement of finding a mouse actually nesting in one bedroom I had built!). I dreamt of growing up to have a house of my own, full of animals and books, where I could make as much mess as I liked. Now I am retired, have a house full of dogs, cats, books and mess, and I am still having fun building miniature stuff and playing!

9. I'll be turning 37 in few weeks. Just bought my first doll. Never really played with dolls before so this is very exciting.

10. I'm 33 and I have been admiring these dolls for around 6-7 years (at least that was when this account was created). In December I finally succumbed to the calling and got my first doll, Ringdoll Julian. Even when I was little I've never played with dolls, so this is very fun even tho people around me (besides my mom, who likes my new hobby) always are joking about how I bought a "husband" and that I should stop playing with dolls :/

11. I got my first BJD when I was 19.
      I knew about BJD since I was 12, but, none of my parents allow me to buy them. I also think I'm too young to handle BJD back then. So, I started with Pullip. Now that I'm in the university and started living alone, no one can stop me :evilplot:

12. I'm turning 32 tomorrow and have only been in the hobby for a couple years.
      I think I'd first found out about BJDs,... maybe 3-4 years ago and I got my first doll 2 years ago.

13. I've always been curious and interested in bjds since a young age but it hasn't been until the last year or two that I've seriously been interested in the hobby. Getting my first doll soon and I'll be 28 next month! :)

14. I'm 25. Got interested in BJDs when I was around 13/14. Didn't get my first doll until I was 20.

15. I'm 57 and just now learning about BJDs. I've always loved dolls but never noticed BJDs. How could I have missed them! Once I learn enough about them to understand what's what, I will purchase my first BJD!

16. I am 23 and I got my first doll at 18.

17. Just turned 31 years old, and got my first bjd when I was 27.
      Saw my first bjd back when I was 18, pretty thing, belonged to a very artsy friend. I had no idea how much work was put into such a hobby, and really didn't know anything about them till I was in my mid-twenties.

18. I'm 51 and have been collecting dolls as long as I can remember...I got my first bjd back in 2008, so collecting them for around 9 years.

19. I love seeing the wide range of ages in this hobby!! I'm in my mid twenties and have only been in the hobby for about a year.

20. I am in my early twenties and I discovered BJDs shortly after graduating from college three years ago. I decided to join the hobby a little over a month ago.