1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Old Are You (continued)

Mar 16, 2015

1. Wow! A lot of the people began to play BJD when they are adults...Um I am 17 now, I started to buy dolls at the age of 16...and when I was in primary I known the existence of BJD because it was very famous at that moment.

2. I'm 26! I've been in the hobby about three years now, but I went through a time period where life got in the way and I had to put my dolls on hold. Fortunately things have smoothed out a bit more over this last year and allowed me to get back into it again!

3. I am 62, always liked all dolls, but i really like bjds..... I bought my first doll early this year...
      And loving it.....so many options....

4. I am 18 and I bought my first two BJD's at 17. I discovered BJD's around 15 or 16. Not a ton of people as young as me in the hobby, but I understand. BJD's are expensive, and I had to save up like two years from my part time job to get my dolls. Minimum wage and BJD's just don't mix man. :( Anyway I plan on collecting and loving BJD's till I die so I'm excited to see where this hobby takes me!

5. I am 29, and have been collecting dolls and figures for several years now! I think I got my first Bjd about 6 years ago. Love this hobby, not only for the dolls, but for the amazing people too!

6. I am 24 and I still haven't bjd. But I began to be interesting since 2008, when I saw one of them.

7. I'm 28 but I didn't get my first bjd until last year. I discovered bjds around 2007, I believe. It was really interesting to watch bjds evolve from single joints to double joints. Back then it was just single jointed dolls until I started seeing a few double jointed ones... but now they are as common as single jointed. From seeing all these different dolls I now know I prefer all my dolls to have double joints, both knees and elbows.

8. I am 22 and I am in this hobby for just about 1 year, but I already have four dolls. I think it is just like drug. Once I owned one, I cant help but wanting others.

9. Yes, these dolls can tie to oneself! One view and... the end, you are lost in the world)).

10. 23! Got interested a couple years ago, have 1 doll and am looking at getting another! :3nodding:

11. I'm 28! I will be 29 this December. I definitely will have the dolls forever (except the ones I am planning on selling soon). I hope to also encourage my children to like them (not play with them until they are mature enough) because they're so much cooler than mass-produced Barbies lol

12. I'm 23 and waiting on my second doll to come. However, I've wanted BJDs since I started going to anime conventions back when I was 16 and saw people carrying them around.

13. I'm 25 and I've only recently started collecting my dolls. This year actually. :chibi It's cool to see everyone's more or less in the same age range here.

14. I've always been drawn to playing dolls but only had access to them when I was around 12 years old and my foster sister started letting me play Barbies with her. We played together well into my late teens but I was so shamed for still playing with them that I stopped. As I got older my favorite stops when traveling to other cities would be the big toy stores and their Barbie sections. I would research over the internet admiring for years the more fancier collectible fashion art dolls, never giving myself permission to buy. After college when I settled into my career I continued the "looking but no touching" admiration of dolls still holding onto the shame even though no one was there to judge me anymore but myself. After I started writing, the idea to shell my characters broke me out of my embarrassment and this year on my 41st birthday I proudly purchased two ABJDs and I couldn't be happier. I am happy to be a part of a community that understands my lifelong connection to dolls and you know what - my husband and kids didn't even bat an eye when my dolls arrived. My boys talk about "my boys" all the time and refer to them by name, my husband makes suggestions for photo shoots and props for my diorama. I learned that often you can be your own harshest critic, that no one is too old or too young for this hobby [although access to money is key], and that indulging in this creative, harmless hobby completes me.

15. I'm 26. And I've been in and out of the hobby since I was around 14, 15. I think I'll be sticking around for quite some time. No matter how long of a break I take I just can't seem to leave. But I'm not complaining. ;)

16. I'm in my early 20's now but I got my first bjd at 19 (almost 20) .

17. I'm 32, will be 33 in a month... >.< and I've been collecting dolls since 2005.

18. I've heard of BJDs for the first time when I was 14... then spent a whole year to earn some money to buy my first doll. When I received her, I automatically lost all interest in this hobby.
      Now I'm 23 years old and it comes back to me :) I'm actually working on my old Supiadoll Rosy (who spent all of these years in her box) and waiting for the anniversary event to order one of the Maskcat dolls... I think I had to grow up to really appreciate this hobby :)

19. It’s true! I have four blythes of my own (one of them I customized myself)! I was 20 when I got my first Blythe and I’m 21 now with a new BJD and saving up for another.