1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Old Are You (continued)

Mar 16, 2015

1. I am 25 and got into it a few years ago. Don't have many dolls yet but I just love them!

2. I'll be 25 in a few weeks, and I got my first doll when I was 22. I think I discovered BJDs at 20 or 21.

3. Actually im 20 this year but i started a year ago (at age 19). I actually dont see this hobby or toy as a kids toy!!

1. They are really fagile and parts can easily be lost

2. Its not a toy that is for all and requires quite alot of thought and time

3. Its hella pricey for a doll, if younger id suggest to start with barbies i guess if like 12 years old or below.

4. BJD requires a proper space to be kept on or in. They also need a cool room free from elements that can damage the doll

5. Resin is delicate in a sense that wrong chemicals and deform or break the doll.

Hope this helps!! Just opening my opinion based on my 20 years or life in the Philippines!!

Happy collecting guys!! ♡

4. I've always been fascinated by the beauty of bjd ever since I was 10. Back then Dream of Doll was possibly the biggest company, I loved their dolls and their bjd story so much I even had a "crush" on their Ducan. Now I'm 18 and I just got my first bjd a few month ago.

5. I'm 21 currently and just got my first doll this week! After falling in love with them 10 years ago I'm so excited to finally be in the hobby!

6. I'm 18 and I've been really interested in the community for a while but unfortunately I'm too broke atm with college and all to get my own BJD. Hopefully I'll be able to soon!

7. 26. And I broke this month because I buy dolls again. Just can’t stop myself.

8. I can't remember when I started the hobby because I explored it for several years online before purchasing my first doll, but I've recently turned twenty-one. <3

9. I'll be 32 next month and I'm in this hobby since 2009.

10. First caught a glimpse of bjds when I stumbled upon a Ringdoll image and seen people carrying bjds around an anime con near me at age 13. Then rediscovered and dove deeper into the bjd hobby a couple months ago, now at age 22. Got my first bjd and second bjd around the same time I started rediscovering the hobby and researching a couple months back. So I discovered bjds 9 years ago but didn't fully leap into the hobby until now at 22. c:

11. Im 22 and its my 1 year anniv in the hobby! Wohoo~

12. I'm 28 -- I was first interested in them when I was 15, but didn't get my first doll until my early years in college. I joined DoA back in 2008, so yeah, I'm quite old! I've taken both long and short hiatuses from the hobby since I first started getting into it, but I can't imagine ever parting with BJDs permanently.

13. I'm 19 almost 20 and I currently have a floating head and another on the way! Getting a body for the first floating head this month too :) Been in the hobby for a few months!

14. I’m 21 and I’ve been in the hobby since April. I’ve known about it for a while but finally got my first doll then :) I started with yosds but now I really like msds!

15. I'm 29 (so close to 30 T_____T why) and I just ordered my first bjd last month ! I've been admiring them since i was a teenager though

16. Wow! You're all just babies! I'm 63 & have been collecting BJDs for 12 years. I can hardly believe it. But then I've been collecting various types of dolls for 31 years this month. I've gone thru a number of changes in my BJD collection over the years. At first I only collected 1/3 dolls. Then several years ago I discovered the joys of slim minis. Right now, after a 2 year hiatus from buying any new dolls, I've become fascinated by Fairyland Little Fees. I bought a full-set Macaron Ante & am saving for Chloe. I keep saying I'm done but then another pops up.

17. I'm 22 and I've been in the hobby for a few months, but I've admired BJDs for the last couple years. :)

18. I'm 31 and just ordered my first bjd :dance

19. I’m 68. Been seriously into dolls for 3 years. I haven’t been through all the pages here but I have to be one of the oldest doll collectors. I love this doll hobby! Having so much fun.

20. I'm 30 and I have been in the hobby for four years now, and it is still fun to "play" with them <3