1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How old are your dolls, and what size/sculpt?

Mar 10, 2016

1. This is such a fun post! :D

I don't know what the default company ages for my dolls are, I really never thought to look into that or that it was a thing at all really. But that's really neat that some companies have taken the time to think out some basic structures and/or characters for their dolls. :D

My dolls are different sizes, and their ages are pretty all over the place depending on what realm they're in (some of my dolls have different ages in their fantasy realm than that of their ages in the human world). Haha!
      If I were to go strictly by the ages I have given them in the human world I have created, my youngest doll is 5 years old and my oldest is 39. ^__^

2. Generally-speaking, my 1/12-scale Micros are pixie-type elemental things without a set age (As are my 1/6 Argo MiniKio and Soom Faerie-).

My more human-like1/6-scale dolls (LittleFees and Volks Yos-) are all either chibis or children.

My 1/4-scle dolls are older kids. I tend to think of the traditional MSDs as around 9-10 and the "slim mini" MiniFees as a little older.

My 1/3-scale dolls are all adults, but the faces vary in maturity *a lot*, so they're avatars for characters that range anywhere from looking like they're in their later-teens to somewhere in the neighborhood of forty.(And yes, I would absolutely love to have a sculpt that looked even older-)

3. My guys are "frozen" in the age they are in the stories they appear in. I have dolls ranging in size from 7cm to 68cm and size typically has nothing to do with age. Some of the ages are also difficult to calculate as they're alien species and their home world has a different length of day/year than Earth. With that in mind, I'm giving the Earth equivalent age for simplicity's sake.

Moswen (AoD Chi): 18
      Kijika (LE Doll/AoD Collab Adonis): 21
      Jaiseki (AoD Min): 18
      Sarojin (IS ZhuQuing): approximately 1500 but appears about 30
      Vuchel/Vashin (RS Bao twins): 6
      Tyhlian (OD Tae vampire): 28
      Dakvir (DL God-Enjoy boy): 32
      Jolen (RS Jun): 38
      Kysmirhea (CD Longway): 27
      Tohan (AoD Min): 32
      Warrick (SD Souloid w/Titika head): 10 but appears mid-20's (he is a genetically engineered cyborg)
      Khale (Leeke Limited Khal): 26
      Fei-Lau (DZ Edward): not applicable. he is a god
      Sleet (Soom Auber Storm Sprite): 200, appears 20, is considered just out of his teens as he was originally a Fairy
      Saraf (5Star Dark): not applicable. he is a god
      Edenlei (Unidoll UH-08 Elf): 21
      Wu-Tyr (Dollshe Orijin): not applicable. he is a god
      Yalaren (SD Ize): 29
      Malachite (Impldoll Simon Colourful Life): 4
      Prasolite & Rhodolite (Batchix Clever Littles twins): 2 weeks but appear roughly 18 (they are dragonlings)
      Ammiel (OD Il vampire): not applicable. he is a god
      Makasi (DearMine Oskar): 22 (visible age is difficult to determine as he is Kitsune/Coyote and doesn't have a human face)
      Iwa-Xine (Soom Boehm Smoke Sprite): 621, appears 25 (he is a Dryad)
      Cynara (DZ Little Bean): 10, appears 2 (she is a "child" of Iwa-Xine, so part Dryad, part larval implantation... it's complicated)
      Ryzel (BBD Valentine): approximately 7,000 but appears about 25 (he's a demon)
      Quinlin (JeiDoll Ashford): 32
      Haniel (Cherish Chubby Demon & FL Ruth): child version, 6; teen version 16
      Aischylos (RS Yao on Ming body): 117, appears 18 (he is half-satyr)
      Darius (RS Pixiu): 313, appears 10 (he is half-cockatrice, half-demon)
      Ferrous (HZ Roro Nui Nui): 1 (he is mostly demon with a little cockatrice so is actually very mature in mind but not body)
      Nassano (Sugarble naga w/Adrian head): 220, appears 20-ish (he is a Naga)
      Dolf (Lume Light Blaze): 541 (murdered at 37 in 1482, turned into a Wight)
      Gunari (Lume Light Koit): 180, appears 18 (he is half-dragon)
      Misu (Obitsu Kayura Limited head): 4,000, appears 20-ish (he is a Demi-Muse)

4. I decide the age of my dolls, mostly because I use them to shell my OCs which have their ages written down. If I find a doll that fits it get this age. Humans don't always look like how old they are, nobody believes me when I say I'm 29, mostly I get the answer "I thought you are 20 at the most". Sometimes the characters don't really have a birthday, only a "creation day" or an unspecified age.

Angel of Dream - old Wang Zi [Vincent del Gelle] - 16 (in the story), later 24
      Doll in Mind - Ace [Psyche] - ~ around 18
      Dikadoll - Molin [Kuzon] - 16
      Boy & Girl Doll - Sky [Ray] - 16
      Angelheim - Ciel Mod Jamie Kariss] -19
      Iplehouse - Joshua [Pierre] - 105
      Soom - Ai [Lydia del Gelle] - 6
      Luts - YUZ [Seidou Takizawa] - 21
      Doll Chateau - Hugh [Nathan Cutting] - 21
      Little Monica - Little Kliff [Nachtmar] - 12
      Doll Chateau - Sexta [Robert D. Muse] - 26
      Doll Zone - Freddy-1 [A. "Stan" A. Lokerton] - 23
      Immortality of Soul [Kaneki] - 19 (or 21)
      Ringdoll - Shelly [Baby!Nachtmar] - 1 ("Baby" ;) )
      Little Monica - Jeremy [Seymour Treat] - 21
      Doll in Mind - Miso [Danielle Trick] - 21
      Little Monica - Innocent Enrill [Samuel "Samu" Pendragon] - 25
      AprilStory - Minggu [bby!Oisín] - 321
      Doll Chateau Matthew [Z. "Trauma" Septem] - 19
      Doll Zone - Carter-1 [Oisín] - 327
      Soom - Beyla [Noah E. Pudwell] - 6
      Doll Zone - Scarecrow Hal [Kayleigh Knight] - 16
      Little Monica - Little Sophia [Delilah Pudwell] - 16
      Miracle Doll - Baiye [Saramir] - 34516
      Little Monica - Kliff [adult!Nachtmar] - 14 (Human years)
      Little Monica - Luisie [bby!Samuel] - 7