1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

how old are your minis?

Apr 19, 2006

1. Lydia stopped aging at 14, but she's around 400 years old.

2. Mine's now 7... but gonna age till 12.. and that's it

3. Terranova (Unoa Sist) is 12 years old. She coooould look a lot older, and height wise would seem a lot younger next to my big boys, but ah well. That's just how old she is. X3

4. My Character's original body was an AR Ren and she was 12, now I'm getting her new body (MSD f-06) I'm dropping her age back to 8 to reflect the sculpt. I really think it depends on both the head and body sculpt, but in general I prefer my Mini's to be children and would buy larger dolls for teens/adults.

5. Nem is 10 ("Ten and a half!" as he says). I couldn't really imagine him any older, her has a very kiddish body and chubby little kid cheeks. I don't think there's any way he could look much older than 12 to me.

6. My Lucas has to be seven, because he is my only mini and my doll world is SD sized.

[​IMG]

Linda S.
      galatia9

7. All of my dolls are ageless....they are stuck in dolly time.

8. Heisa's(DoC Hoo) 16~ :D

9. Well, most of my Minis are not human, so they're much older than they look. ;)

Enigma (race unknown) = nobody knows, looks 16
      Setoo (Demon) = 18
      Lla (Human) = 17
      Jaden (Elf) = about 1,000 years old, looks about 17
      Kotoko (Elf) = also about 1,000 years old, looks about 14
      Conny (Muse) = has been around for a long, long time. Looks to be in her early 20s.

10. Kairi & Kaira are 11 and Yukiya is 10.
      I kind of wanna change it though..... they behave older than that.

11. I know a lot of people are really bugged by either a) mini's that are supposed to be "older" (teenagers, adults), or b) mini's with developed bodies.

The reason I love mini's so much is because of their size. They're a perfect size for me to carry and have around me. I think if I had an SD he would just stand on a shelf and I would never touch him.

Saying that, I chose sculpts that looked "older". Faith is meant to be around 15, while Eden older at around 18. I think the appearance of the mini can change a lot how people see their age. Maybe it's just me but my DoD U doesn't look like a child, where as if I look at...I don't know...picking one off the top of my head, A CP Ani, to ME they look young. Though then again you put a different wig on, change the makeup and and wham, you've got yourself a teenager.

If I had an SD it would really through the "continuum" off though. I intend all my younger dolls to be smalled (for example, my next doll I want a CH LJ who will be around 10.)

12. Odette - 15
      Adelais - 61(14)
      Laksha - 411(looks 17/18 )

When I brought SD into the equation, I used a HUGE loophole- they're tree elves, who are by definition, giants. XD

13. Hmmmm... I know Trixie will be 19, and Raziel's her older brother, so I'd say early 20s? Don't know his specific age. ^^;

As for my "later dolls" that I don't have yet, but who will all be Minis, Engel will be 18, Keiri will be 16-17, but will look 14-15 since he's half-demon and ages slowly, and Mai will be around 50-60 or so, but will look around 14-15 since she's an elf and ages REALLY slowly.

14. yeah, I think a lot of people want minis to firmly be children.
      I don't think in terms of strict sizes/scales and that makes things easier, but for people who measure maturity and age with size and height, it would be hard to come to terms with that I guess.

15. I suppose that my boys are both 14 but whenever my girl comes in, I'm expecting her to be a little older than them since she has the "mature" soulkids body T_T Not that I mind having an older-looking doll, in fact, I welcome it! I'm just so used to people going "OMG THAT MINI HAS BOOBIES, THAT'S AN ATROCITY" >_>''

16. My boys are 15 (Little Junior Mars), 18 (DoC Tender Yen), and 19 (mold not picked yet). I know Mars looks way younger than 15, but that's part of the point. Elli is trying to hang on to his youth by looking as young as he is physically able to.

17. Phaedren (DOD U) is 19 and Youkai (CP MNF El) will be 21-22 when he gets here. I did the whole 'SD-sized are older than MSD-sized' completely by accident, since Irrith, my future Yder, is in his late twenties, and Caspian will be 32. However, it's pretty clear that my mini's are not children. It just so happened that those face-sculpts suited the characters. I don't decide what my doll is going to look like. I just click on a picture and someone in the back of my head screams 'That's me!'

-Rayven

18. In response to a comment made above, although my minis are fairly young, I don't mind if people want to make theirs older....in fact, with some of the more mature sculpts, it would be weird if the dolls were younger than, say, late teens! ^_^;;

It does make it a little odd at gatherings, though...when you have a mass of dolls of roughly the same height, and some are dressed in kiddy clothes and carrying teddies, while some are dressed in leather and chains and carrying assorted un-child-safe items. XD Hehe! But then, that's something that occurs even with the bigger SD dolls, so it's not an anomaly limited to the minis.

Shiina and Noel are 11, Mitchell is 10. I may revise their age downwards again, though, since they have the chubby little MSD bodies which were designed to be 7 or 8.
      For me, the charm of my dolls is in their very youth and its (relatively) carefree, childish innocence. It entertains me that what "they" worry about in their fictional little world is so different from what I worry about as an adult. ^_^

19. *snort laugh* I wonder if I was the only one with their mind totally in the gutter right then? XD

20. My boy, Taishou, is eighteen. He's meant to be a bit boyish, but he's definitely a young, boyish man, not a child.