1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

how old are your minis?

Apr 19, 2006

1. My Yukino is 13, Tenma and Asuka (twins) are 15. This is mainly because their storylines call for them to still be in school and the ages just seemed to fit.

2. Tovi is the oldest at 20, Liadan is next at 19 and Dustin and Teapot are both 17 ^^

3. ^_^ When I got into this hobby, I knew a) Eventually I would want SDs, who would be teens/adults and b) I wanted my first to be childish and sweet.

So, I got my Kid-delf Ttory, who is 8 years old. Sometimes this is strange, as my best friend's Dana, Shinjii/Shin/Shuya is about 18, and our dolls spen alot of time together!

However, the dolls' personalities shine through stronger than their heights do, and I definately see Shin as 18 and Puu as 8. He also compensates for this by being rather short and wearing big-ass boots!

4. Keelan my Tender Yen and Xane my Jade are both like 16 or so. Hailey is 22, but she's half human, half immorie (an immortal race I created) so she looks and is more like, 16-17 as well.

It's interesting since my SD10 Nono is 17 and my Sram 18 lol but I don't think on it much.

5. Alex (MSD Ken) is 12, Mia (KD Ani) is 12, Nikolai (KD An/MSD long-legged body) is 1,679 (But looks 14).

I used to have minis that were older (18-19), but once SDs entered into the equation (and there's no way I'm getting rid of them ^^; ), the sizes didn't work for me anymore, so I ended up selling the three that were older and eventually plan to get SD-sized dolls for them.

I have no problem with the minis being older at all, in fact had I not acquired my current group of SD-sized dolls they probably would have stayed--but honestly scale is really important to me and I can't have my 18-19 year olds being that much smaller than ones that are supposed to be (or look) 25.

6. Our 45cm dolls are all adult ages... Bellamy is meant to look the youngest, but really he's the oldest. ^^; He looks about 16. Diderot & Amandine are in their 20's. All the sets and storyline are to the 45cm scale and the 45cm is really our preferred size, for our lives and for their spaces. We don't have room for full sets in 60cm scale! *_*

Our hound, Janus, is in their storyline, but he's intentionally inhumanly tall.

Ilium, our Sha, is a different storyline entirely (One with minimal sets!) Janus is in his storyline too, but playing a normal-sized character.

Really it depends on body sculpt and how you dress them. ^_^ None of them are as tall as actual people, so height only gets you so far. There are lots of MSDs that are kids that are dear to my heart, it's just that we like smaller dolls and we like grownup dolls for ourselves. ^_^

AR LF boy bodies are scrawny, and Amandine's on a blossom body from bluefairy until AR releases their 45cm mature body. If I had a volks MSD, or a little cutie from customhouse like a Mars, they'd probably be kids in the bigger dolls' storyline.

7. My Too & Bee-A are 12 or 13-ish. My Pitts is 9.

...But my SD girl is 15; only 2 years older than Flint and Nina!! But she looks younger than the minis! Hehehe, growth spurt? XP

I was surprised by how many minis are 16 years old and up. I didn't realize there were so many adult minis!

8. My SI twins have more than a thousand year ^^;

9. 14 seems about right for Arnold, so I left it at that.

10. Kelyn is ..uh, well, he just tells people he's 20. Keely will be er, a little older when she gets here, and Dylan just puts himself down as 16. They're all much older than they appear though...

11. Gaven is goign to be 17-19 range maybe 20 im not positive yet but still. He's a more adult looking msd though so it works nicely.

12. Artemis is 18, and Hunter is 19, their lovers, so that would be weird if they were like 14, lol.

13. Michel & Ysabea (DoD, DoC Too & Bee-A) are both fifteen.

Dorothy (Volks SDC Kurenai) is fourteen.

Pol (CH little jr. Zephyros) is seven.

Melchior (Orient Doll Tae still to arrive) is around 30.

Ann in CT
      likes 'mature minis'

14. :? How do you give them boob jobs?

15. Lenwe, my Woori (to-be-modded as an elf) is 53, and Tara, my Ttory-elf is 25.

I guess I should point out that Tara is a half-elf, so she's really only about 13, and Lenwe is a full elf, so he's only about 14 effectively. *GRIN*

16. I made some boobs out of Sculpey and stuck them on with sticky-tac stuff. It looks really nice under clothes, but if the clothing doesn't completely cover them you can see a REALLY obvious line where they attach. Luckily she doesn't like to show off her cleavage or anything because it totally wouldn't look right :sweat

I've heard of people using Apoxie or something to sculpt boobs right onto the doll so they look like a part of the torso, I'd like to do that someday.

17. Arioc is 11 years old, and my other mini boy, Laertes, will be 14.

18. My Tenders are supposed to be around their mid-teens. Lenore is sixteen, avery precocious age, her brother Loren is a mature seventeen, and Yorda is around sixteeen too, very child-like and whimsical.

I dont like limiting them 'only' adult things, though, like clothing and photostories. They're still young, and I love buying Mini-sized toys and accessories, so Id like to think of them as middle-teens, but very whimsical. My Tender Too seems to be older, though, and looks weird when I put him in pidgeon-toes poses, or put a toy in his hands. He might be a darker, maturer character. I havnt had them long enough to tell, though.

19. I want my mini girl (if I ever manage to get her) to be young (in scale with my Camine). But seeing as I want Shaina I don't know how I can convince myself that a girl with those breasts is preteens. =P

20. I think that's exactly why I love my doll as a child-like character :)