1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

how old are your minis?

Apr 19, 2006

1. My current dolls are as follows:
      *Johnny is tall and slim for an MSD boy. He's supposed to be sixteen going on seventeen, as that stupid musical puts it.
      *Alistair is a Dream of Child boy and is thus shorter and plumper than Johnny is. Nevertheless I always put him at a year older than Johnny, at seventeen. His character is supposed to be a werewolf, so I explain his build as a side effect of a werewolf's slower aging.
      *Johanna looks like she's about Johnny's age, but she's an elf so there's no telling how old she truly is.
      *Chloe is also ageless.

My future dolls have lives fully planned out ahead of time as well. We'll see how that goes as I buy them; we all know how dolly plans can change.
      *Ylla complicates matters quite a bit because she is a Martian. According to Mars's solar revolution time she should be about nineteen, but in Earth years she's thirty-three.
      *Niki and Libby are both eighteen.
      *Roger is twenty, the eldest of my human characters.
      *Anne is fifteen when the story begins. She is the youngest of my human characters.

#161 RagingMoon1987, Dec 1, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    2. My slim mini is an adult-- though sometimes he's a very young adult since based on what I have for him, he's mostly styled as his college self. I'd love to get him some more things for his aged-up self and portray him as older, because I do feel with some touch-ups to his faceup and a suit and shorter wig, he could pull it off, but I don't mind having him as his younger self. So right now I mostly think of him as being anywhere from 20-25 depending on how I've got him styled.

Vince is... not a child, but he's also not human. Still, aside from a little emotional arrested development and a lack of a full understanding of the human world, he's capable of the same level of reasoning as an early-thirty-something adult. I mostly just think of him as being mentally my age... and I'll continue to always think of him as being mentally the age I'm at. Any gaps in his functioning as an adult come from his being a toy instead of a human, in-universe-- he's never going to look at the world the way a human being does, his worldview is limited, but... he's not a child just because he's a toy. (his physical age is... well, his actual physical age)

3. mine are slim minis, so young adults or late teens. I've never assigned a specific age but that'd be my estimate.
      The ocs I want to shell will hopefully be tall msd size or msd (for my short guy hahah) but will be adults. It's easier with one of them because he has a really boyish face and is often mistaken for a kid (which annoys the hell out of him) but his brothers are meant to look their age (early 20s for one and late 20s for the other) which is a bit tricky in msd scale.

If I ever shelled a few other ocs they might use child sculpts. Swarm's supposed to look "like a child of about 7" and Mourn's an anthro cat so who the heck knows how old he is (he's 19 actually but he's a kitty, he has a kitty face, you try determining the age of a cat lol)
      but yeah, i've never been much of a fan of playing ACTUAL child characters, so most of my dolls default to late teens or adulthood.

4. Avian is technically ageless, But they are suppose appear to be around 20ish.

5. I wonder why people oppose the range of maturity in minis, when in real life for example I'm shorter than some of my elementary school students, regardless of gender. The tallest person I know is probably my brother-in-law who's almost 2 meters tall, and I have three friends who are 140-150 and all are adults of different figure and looks. I know adults who look illegaly young and I know children who get mistaken for adults or late teens all the time.
      What I'm going for is that height is everything these dolls have in common, and as with live humans they can still vary in age, looks, maturity and personality.
      That goes for pairing 1/4 and 1/3 as well - is the character old enough, not a problem! Okay slight problem if it's too lolicon or ageplay that's too realistic/don't show any sign of the younger doll's real age, but you know what I mean.

My dolls are fairies and live super long, but compared to human development my mature minis are of legal age/young adults, so between human 19 and 30 I guess. My younger minis are not much younger, but mid to late teens. I'm not comfortable pairing them if they were any younger.

6. I think of my minifees as early 20s. My Luts girl is around 17. My Soom Little about 14 or younger. And even though he's not a mini, my Soom Faery looks like he's in his 30s and he's smaller than all of them. It is weird as they are so close in size but their sculpts just don't look the same age. I guess it doesn't matter as I don't pair my dolls off any way.

7. My DollLove Arefa is 16 and his cousin is going to be a Dikadoll Amanda and she's actually 17, and she has a twin brother who is going to be a Mystic Kids Francis SP, and an 18 year old girlfriend, who is going to be a Resinsoul Mei. Having my MSDs as older teens makes it VERY hard to find adults for my world though. And I have a 7 year old with no older siblings. So I'm not really sure who will take care of her.

8. My BBB Ariel was 13, but after 5 years she's now 14. My other MSDs are in the 15/16 range, but have no specific age. I think it depends on the doll sculpt and the way they interact with the other dolls in your collection. Some sculpts are very childlike and can be younger - like my Lutz boy was intended to be no more than 12 but when I got him he looked much older than he had in the company picture. My BBB was supposed to be part of a family with some other BBB/RS dolls in the 60-70cm range, but she looked like a 4 year old with boobs next to the 70cm who was supposed to be her dad, so they ended up in sort of AU realities of the same story.

9. The bulk of my minis represent teenagers (15 to 18), although I also use the size range to shell characters in their early-to-mid 20s.

10. My SDCs are aged 12, 14, and 15.

11. All my "mini" dolls are between late pre-teen and early teens. Currently, I have two Withdolls that are 12 and 14 years old. And I have a MNF boy who is 13.

12. When I had my minifees, they were in their early 20s. Now I have two JID girls who are around 16. They are both little sisters to my SD girls. I like JID size for this reason - their size makes this look feasible!

13. My minis are between 14 and 25 y.o. It depends on the mold's maturity.

#173 Chocolatine, Jan 6, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 10, 2017