1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How old were you when you got into the doll hobby?

Jul 23, 2018

1. I discovered them just last year when I was 26. got my first doll just a few weeks after my birthday in June.

2. I was around 22 or so when I first discovered BJDs. Was still in school at that time, but I had saved up enough to get my first doll the next year. :)

3. i'm 17 and i got into the hobby when i was 16 last year!

4. I was 22 when I bought my first doll and I'm 35 now :).

5. :O We're almost the same! I'm 36 this year. :D

6. 35. (I'm 48 now-)

Yeah. I'm an Old Chick. :lol:

7. I was 15/16 when I first discovered them, and 18 when I bought my first doll. I'm 29 now. :)

8. I started getting into the hobby when the first BJDs were made by Volks, and I was 27. That was 18 years ago.

9. I was researching the hobby a bit before I signed up for doa, about 10 years ago, when I was 27. Found out about bjds via deviant art and after a few months of research and saving, bought my first doll and signed up here. No regrets! :)

10. i only started a little while ago although i wanted to get started around 16 i didn't get to until recently i was 22 years old when i bought my first doll i feel like thats a pretty good age although i with i had started earlier so i wouldn't go over board with my purchases.

11. I was 27 when I received my first doll but I first found out about them when I was around 14. It's only a little more than a year since I started this hobby. Though this is a very expensive hobby, I'm glad I started. I'm happy just looking at them sit on the shelf :)

12. I was 19 when I got my first bjd. I'm 20 now, it hasn't been long lol xD

13. I got interested in the hobby when I was 18 and bought my first doll at 20. I am currently 33.

14. I was 19 almost 20 when I bought my first doll. Now I'm going to be 23 next week!

15. 15 I guess... I had Pullip before I can purchase myself BJD.

16. I first discovered BJDs at 14 and got my first doll at 15!

17. I was 52 when i bought my first, but was interested an watched youtubs and looked on the net until i
      finaly bought one.

18. I was in my late 30s when I started seeing BJDs online. I was 41 when I got mine. I'm 47 now.

19. I knew about BJD when I was 10, and didn't have enough pocket money to buy dolls at the time. I had my first doll when I was 19.

20. I was 29 when I saw BJDs for the first time online and had just turned 30 when I bought my first doll. I'm 41 now.