1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How old were you when you got into the doll hobby?

Jul 23, 2018

1. 35

Now you all know how old I am โ€” I started around January.

#101 bdoll, May 19, 2019
      Last edited: May 19, 2019
    2. I start this habit when I am at high school. now I am graduate from university and finish my master degree. It is really a long time since I started to play with dolls. I am happy that I have them in my life.

3. I've been interested in BJDs as early as maybe 9 or 10 years of age, but due to living in poverty, I only ordered my first one about a month ago. (So almost a decade later)

4. I started the BJD hobby when I was in my late '40s.
      Before that I spent 30+ years collecting and building dollhouse miniatures.

5. I started to know about bjd after I entered university.
      I officially regarded it as a hobby after turning 28. =)

6. i got my first doll when i was 7 but but that was it i started doing custom faceups and clothes to sell at 16 and finally bought my own at 20 , so just a few month ago, i just now really got my own collection going

7. I officially got into the BJD hobby when I was 20. But my interest in dolls (general) stretches from my childhood. My first interest in bjd was when i'm in grade school.

8. I saw them for the first time when I was abouuut.... 13? My friend at school randomly sent me a link to Dream of Doll and we were saying how gorgeous they were, but so expensive! I remember gushing over Black Elf Ducan (Still the dream, still impossible) and then never really thought of them agen... Got to about 15/16 and got really into Japan and anime etc, saw Dollfies and decided I kinda wanted one, but never went for it when I went to Tokyo at 18.... Started University (doing Japanese haha) a couple months later and a friend of mine brought her resin bjd into class, which got me hooked! Got my first boy that December :) now at 25 I have 11 dolls with a head on the way! DOD will always be my fave company, I still gush....

9. I was almost done with college when I first started seeing them around, and that's when I first became interested in them. It was around 2000-2001 or so, and I was about 25 years old. They were still a new thing, I think. I have only just recently ordered my first two.

10. I found out about bjds when I was around 10-11 and I got my very first doll in 2009 when I was 14. I'm turning 24 this year so it's been a wild 10 years haha! Hard to believe I've been in the hobby for half of my life just about.

11. 19 when I first became interested but didn't own a doll. 21 when I bought my first doll. My Lutz Bory is 11 years old this July 4 ;^;

12. It was 2009, 10 years ago I was 21, my mom lent me part of the money for my first doll, after I started saving money myself, now I make money for dolls by making outfits and I 31 years old

13. I was around 18/19. A couple of people I knew had them and the obsession started. Now after an almost decade long hiatus from the hobby I'm 28 and starting to get involved again.

14. I got my first BJD back in 2005- I was 24 years old at the time...

15. I entered the hobby in 2017 at 16 and I am 18 right now, soon to be 19 :)

16. Right now I'm 33, and I got my first doll six years ago, in 2013. She was shipped from Dreaming Doll on my birthday! I was turning 27, and admired BJDs for a good ten years then.

17. I was just 16 when I started the Hobby because of one doll <_> who had my interest.
      It was Souldoll Bliarde I had no clue but I liked his skin <_< and face and I wanted him soo much sadly I was too late >_<
      Now I am hunting for him xD and will not give up until I have him in my hands. Now I am 22 >_< 6 years of looking.

#117 WilliamWalker, Jul 4, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    18. I found out about BJDs and wanted one since I was 14. I actually bought my first at age 24.

19. I was 28 when I got into the doll Hobby :)

20. I was 13 when I started to have dolls ^^ But I think it was a bit early, I was a little young I think ! But I am so happy to still love dolls now that I am 22 :)