1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How old were you when you got into the doll hobby?

Jul 23, 2018

1. I was about 13 years old when I got into the doll hobby and didn't get one until I was 16! So now! Just waiting on him to arrive from DollZone! :XD:

2. 47 :) but I always have liked dolls just never new until now that the beautiful bjd dolls exist

3. I'd just turned 21 when I got my first doll. I realized the other day actually made my account on my 21st birthday apparently lol I was an admirer since I was probably 12 though?

4. I was 14 when I found out about BJD's, now I'm 17 and have recently got my very first doll :)

5. I was 16 when I first really wanted one, but I opted to dress myself instead since clothes for dolls and (lolita) clothes for humans are about the same price ^^; now I finally got one three at the age of 28. Needless to say, I am still very new to this hobby, but I am enjoying it so far!

6. I was 10 when I found them, I had been collecting pullips and stumbled upon BJDs. I had been lurking in the hobby for years, but didn't have the funds to get one until this year after my 20th birthday. I got my first doll and now have two floating heads to get bodies for. Since I got my first doll, I really can't stop!

7. @abbyceratops Congrats to you!! [confetti] Kara is a beautiful sculpt, and yes, dolls are incredibly addicting. I started collecting at age 14 and I've officially been collecting for over half my life now at age 29! [more confetti] Your wish list is just about the length I had it when I got my first doll too, and...shorter than my actual list of current dolls. Good luck to youuuu
      (Also I see you on horror and crime movies. Talk to me anytime about your plans for your floating heads)

8. I got my first BJD at age 57 and I’m six years in the hobby now. :3nodding:

9. I was around 10 years old when I discovered BJD’s through pullip dolls. I purchased my first doll 9 years later!

10. I joined the bjd hobby at the beginning of the year (25) but I've been intrigued by it for years before that! I just didn't have the savings to fully get myself into the hobby at that time :)

11. I was 15-16 years old. Saved up all my birthday/christmas money and got a summer job in order to buy my first doll.

12. Wanted one since I was about 12, but didn't get a bjd until I was 20. It was well worth the wait, though, since I managed to learn a lot more about sewing in the eight years between discovery/purchase!

13. I first got interested in bjds at the age of 10 and couldn’t afford any at that time. I am now 16 currently have a job and have 1 full doll with me and a couple on order.

14. I was lucky enough to have a hobby-positive family, and was given a Resinsoul Mei as a birthday present when I was 15. Now that I'm 20 and have my own independent source of income, I'm a little doll-crazy! :D

15. I saw my first BJDs when I was 17. I saved up and work real hard to buy my first one at 19. She was my first DD. Then around 19-20, I started getting jobs and saved up even more and somehow manage to buy 3 MDDs and a SD Coco. At 21, I'm too busy to search for new babies but somehow I won a raffle and got a beautiful MSD girl that I forgot the brand of xD

Sometimes, my families and friends will ask if they scared me, like what if they walk at nights. To be honest though, I will probably love them even more lol xD

In my country, playing dolls at 15 is already considered very childish. I used to love Barbie dolls before I knew about BJDs and I took care of them so much all my doll's hair are shiny smooth. It break me that my parents gave them away without my permission though.

When my parents see my dolls, I was so scared they will told me off or something. But turns out they were kinda okay and my mom loves my SD Coco.

I am now 22, waiting for my handmade mould for my new twins MSD now (a handmade mould from a chinese artist, I'm still trying to ask the Mods if I can post pictures), and also saving up for a Puyoodoll Kumako. The pandemic forced my dorms to send us home with only 2 days notice and I am so scared to bring my dolls if I don't pack them real secure like they were glass.

Now I'm missing them like crazy and my wishlist is forever adding up I can't stop myself xD

16. I was 25 years old and already working, so I could afford to buy them without having to save money for months, which can be dangerous, by the way. If I look back now, I think saving money and wait some time before buying a doll is positive as it can prevent impulsive purchases :sweat

17. I got my first doll at 16, been interested since I was about 13, and I'm now 25 so about 9 years!

18. I found out about the hobby when I was around 12 years old, got my first doll a few years later (when I could afford it). I’m now 22 and still love the hobby.