1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How small is too Small?

Oct 14, 2009

1. Small is too small for me when it comes to eyes. I have pukis and their eyes are scary small. They have 8mm eyes, Dolkot's fairy has 3-4mm eyes. Okay too darn small. A mature body on a doll smaller than a yo just creeps me out on some level. Dunno know why.

2. Anything smaller than an MSD is too small for me.

...But, there is ONE exception. I own a Puki Pukisha and he is one of my favorite dolls. Ever. He is absolutely the cutest thing I have ever seen, and he is tons of fun to photograph and just have sitting with me. I've handled almost every size except for an 80cm+ and I can honestly say the only doll I have any desire to have that is under 43cm is Kittibaba. He's fun, but not as much fun as my 71cm boy.

Still beats him in the cuteness department though.

3. Although i'm in love with the Yo-SD size, I don't think I'll get anything smaller than that. They'd just be too tiny.. Thenagain, an MSD is scary big for me (although I could still get one) so SD is too large :)

4. Yo is the smallest I'd normally get since they're still in proportion with my other dolls as babies/toddlers. I do want a puki though, as a random chibi on the side, not put in with my other dolls/characters.

5. I love tiny dolls, but then, I've collected dollhouse miniatures since I was a child. I do think it's crazy to pay such outrageous prices for them, but I have lots of fun with them and at last have tiny people to live in my dollhouses.

6. I've been infatuated with the tinies for a while now. I always tell myself, 'I want an SD! Something big and beautiful!' But then i end up falling in love with the small and cute. I always blow my SD or MSD money on them...

7. The RealPuki are definitely resin magic - especially for those of us who are charmed by detailed Tinies! Too small? *shrug* Not when the attention to sculpting, facial moulding and articulation is on this level. Too big can actually be more awkward in some dolls than too small! The RealPuki are astonishing!

8. I have a Yo-SD on the way, and that's small enough for me. Pukis are too much money for too little doll, though I do enjoy other peoples' Pukis vicariously.

I love to costume for my dolls, and Pukis are just too small for my tired old eyes!

9. Too small? the only thing around here right now is the wallet, too small to buy all the dolls on the list, and the house, because if I did buy them where would I put them?
      Seriously, I love all the sizes, although I can say the really big ones are a pain just to lug around, but they are fun for other reasons. I have from the Jace size to the Naripon and Puki and I love them all.

10. I'm a major SD and 70cm fan ... although I wouldn't be opposed to an MSD for characters who are actually smaller than other characters. That, and having a slightly smaller doll would be nice for portability reasons - cos even I'll admit that the larger dolls can be cumbersome depending on the situation. It might be nice to have an MSD to come to work with me and sit at my studio desk!

Although ... if I were given a Puki, I certainly wouldn't refuse it! That's the only way I'd get one though, as I agree with Isabeau - I'd rather spend a chunk of money on a larger doll. C:

11. I once had two tiny-tinies. A Lilica and a So-Ji. They were cute, but I could do nothing with them. I mean...there was just nothing there. I tried. I bought things. Clothing, props, and stuff. I made a house from scratch and put carpet and wallpaper and wainscoting in it. I painted it and took pictures. I tried EVERYTHING.

But there was no bonding. They were just too small for me to click with. So anything smaller than a Yo-SD\Ange-ai\BB size I think. I call it the tiny-tiny catagory. XD

I mean...it's cute but...it's not functional for me. I can't do much with it. I can't take it places without worrying about losing it. I can't paint the faceup or make clothing of any good quality because it's sooo small it's frustrating when it's too small or too big even with a pattern. I can't pose it well because it's got those super small hands and forget about finding eyes and wigs that aren't acrylic and fur!

So yeah. They're so frustrating I could never love them. They went to a new home and they're very happy there. They went together so I was VERY happy for that.

12. I love my Yos, but for me personally anything smaller than they are is pushing it (that said, I absolutely adore other people's pukis, I just couldn't own one myself! ^^)

13. There is a possibility that I might own a tiny in the future, but as it were right now I wouldn't get anything smaller than 38-40cm. :sweat

Watch me change my mind in a month. LMAO

14. I thought Pukipukis were so cute and I wanted one quite a bit until I saw one IRL. It was still really cute, but way to small!. I felt like there would be so little I could do with it, and more than anything, I would be afraid of losing it or it getting stolen.

I really love the size of Yo-SD's. Small enough to be adorable, but big enough to ease the aforementioned worries.

15. Anything smaller than a Puki! Is there anything smaller than Puki?

16. Some of CCC's I think are, but they're OT. :3

17. Ah yeah. Catsy's are smaller...maybe not in height, but in thin body and limbs...too small for me. Puki does not seem that small compared to them...I only own 2 Puki, but plans for 3 more.

18. For me personally, smaller then MSD. :/ I just like bigger dolls.

That, and I would lose them. :/

19. I don't think I'd be able to handle anything smaller than a Yo-SD. I love looking at smaller dolls, but they aren't for me.

20. I generally like the bigger dolls but I would love a yo tenshi or a tiny winged doll someday.