1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How small is too Small?

Oct 14, 2009

1. Any smaller than Yo is too small for me. I like bigger dolls(it feels so nice to hug an SD >w<) generally :D

2. wow! I put this up what earler today...so many pages...hehe!

3. for me it can't be small enough! as long as the doll is slender or more towards slender i'd love as tiny as possible!
      i have always loved small things :cake:

4. While I think the very tiny dolls like the Pukis are cute, they're just too small for me! Yo-SD is the smallest I've ever gone, and will ever go. :)

5. I used to think I would never get something smaller than 27cm, but Rainman made me come to love the 14cm tinies. And I want a puki (well... a herd of pukis) ... and a realpuki may be as small as I would consider going.. anything smaller than that I would be just a little too tiny for me (though I am sure someday some company will make a micro doll that will prove me wrong!)

6. I love tinies so much I am back for a third time.
      Well just about pukis. The thing is, pukis are small, but everything about them is really easy to handle. They are built quite sturdy, hands/feet/faceplates are so easy to change around. They can actually do more than one of the larger dolls I have handled. They are posable, they stand steady and just so much fun. I was always afraid I'd break them before I own one. Now... I can't imagine not having my pukis. :>

7. As for me, i thought that pukis are way too small for me, and would never buy one.
      But now i changed my mind, and i think it's sooo cute when someone put a very small puki next to a huuuuge doll 65-70 cm for example... Love the idea... :D

8. Oh, I like all small: miniature teddy bears, tiny pocket dragons or moomin gashapoon. For me RealPuki or Puki is absolutely normal size dolls :-)

9. I've never seen a Puki in real life, but I assume that'd be too small for me to play with. It would be too hard for me to sew for. Even though the pictures I see, they look super cute and I think I'd love to get a dollhouse and just use if for a Puki house! I'm afraid I'd lose it with how many times I have to move, and they would be too pricey to rebuy just because I lost them.

10. When I started in the hobby, I thought anything smaller than SD-size would be too small. Go figure, now I love MSDs. Large enough to not feel like some kind of SuperBarbie, but small enough to be easy to move around and pose.

Anything smaller than that kind of puts me off, though. I have a BBB Leo, and I just don't know what to do with him. D: He's too tiny, I always feel like I'm going to break him.

11. I love tinies! When I first started getting into BJDs I thought that Pukis and other tinies were cute, but not for me. After seeing a few at a con and at a doll meet I'm totally in LOOOVE with tinies [as a friend said "they grow on you, like fungus"]. I don't have any currently, but I might get a puki or a ltf for christmas. :] Basically, they can never be too small for me.

12. I have a pukipuki and I am selling her. She is ADORABLE, but she is just so tiny!! I love her, but she is hard (but not impossible) to sew for. I hate to part with little miffy, but the issue is that she is just so tiny!! I think I could handle a littlefee but anything smaller than Yo-sized would be too small for me.

13. I thought when I started that I'd only have SDs. Of course, a week after my first large boy arrived, I fell in love with Pipos' anthros, so my plans and suppositions went right out the window! My smallest doll is a Ringo, and he's utterly adorable. The issue I have with tinies is not their size, but the difficulty in finding clothes/patterns, especially for boys. I envy Puki bodies and their posability, but I haven't been captured by any of their face sculpts, so Ringo will probably be as small as I go...barring a yet smaller Pipos limited, of course!

14. I like smaller dolls. Nothing smaller than a Puki over here would be accepted (and most likely lost). :XD:

15. I have two itty bitty dollies. A Notdoll Lab Naripon which is 10cm tall... and a Puki Puki which is 11.2 centimeters. They are hard to find clothes for. No fray fabric is your friend... so is hem tape.

16. Nothing smaller than a Yo for me, and even then Yo's are pushing it... Because it's so hard to find nice clothes and shoes for them that aren't all frill and loli or "I'm a modern-day toddler!"

I mean, I have a hard time finding nice things for my MSD boy that are sufficiently dressy and classy but still retain a bit of kid. And while pukis are cute and look like a ton of fun to play with... I like to feel the weight of the doll in my hand.

17. Anything smaller than an MSD. Small things have a tendancy to get lost in my room. Besides, the bigger they are, the more huggable they are. <3 <3 <3

18. I have a pair of Banjis (15cm) and a pair of little DollFactory furries (a mouse and a fox, both around 13cm, iirc-) and that's about as small as I can handle. I was more than a little afraid of breaking my Banjis when I first got them, and I suspect that anything *more* tiny than them would make me too nervous to enjoy. :sweat

19. I believe my little anthro is a teeny 12.5cm or so (but with big 14mm eyes!) and I don't think I'd want to go much smaller than that. She's a wonderful size, but I wouldn't really like her to be any smaller.

20. No such thing as too small for me! My favorites are Secretdoll baby fairies, smaller than a Puki--and I am waiting for a Realpuki, who is even smaller. My DREAM doll would be a fully jointed BJD about 3 inches tall--don't see that happening, tho!