1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How small is too Small?

Oct 14, 2009

1. 25~30cm is about as small as I'll go. I've had the 12cm OrientDoll tinies, and 19cm Bisou Ai from CustomHouse, but I just feel like I'm limited with them in posing/clothing options and things. I do have one doll that 23cm, but anything smaller than that I'd probably pass on. MSD is my favourite size, and I also like YOSD... but on the other side of things, I've had 60cm dolls and they're too large for me. ^^;

2. My Puki is about as small as I'll go and even he's almost too small - it's so hard to find clothes to fit him and I'm terrified of losing him somewhere in my room!

3. Most of my interest lied in the SD sized dolls, especially those in the 70cm range. However, I will be getting at least one smaller doll to play the roll of my first SD boy's child daughter.

4. 1/12 is too small. I can't sew for them with my machine. I hate hand sewing.

I want to try 1/6, but I think I'm going to sew and outfit from a pattern in the sewing subforum to make sure sewing won't drive me crazy first. xD

But currently I like 1/4 and up.

5. The smallest doll I have is a realpuki and it is small. Cute!

6. Anything smaller than a 1/6 yo-SD is a bit too small for me. I'm just afraid I'd accidentally put something on top of them and forget they were there. *_*

7. under 15cm just too tiny...so difficult to make them outfit and as i love them i just can't leave them without any dress up,thats so sad...

8. With two exceptions (my AE Adzuki Bean and BBB Nissa) I don't really like anything under MSD sized. I really don't like child or baby dolls and I much prefer the adults. MSD is perfect for taking out and carrying around. SD take gorgeous pix and look more realistic. Yo-SD and tines are ok for carrying but SO hard for me to sew for, pose or photograph, since my machine likes to eat tiny clothing. But I think, though this is really not an accurate comparison, I think I associate the smaller dolls with dolls like Barbie and Bratz since they can sometimes share clothes. MSD and up just seem more special to me.

EDIT: I used to not understand how anybody could "lose" a doll. I've heard of people misplacing tinies and just could not imagine how on earth you could not know what you did with your doll...until I did it. I'm really picky about knowing where my dolls are at all times, but once I couldn't find one of the 14cm kiddos....panicked for a few minutes til I found him hiding in one of the other "kid's" rooms...so...um...yeah. That's another thing. It's much harder to lose the SD boys.

9. The smallest BJD I have at present are 20cm. I've had smaller, an 11cm Pukipuki, but I wasn't that fond of the size.

10. I only have a Yo-SD and a super-tiny, and now I feel all size-conscious. I toyed briefly with the idea of getting an MSD, but still have qualms. I'd like all of my guys to be pals, on a limited scale. As another responder said, I like the "handheld" feeling, and the portability. And they don't take up too much real estate when standing around idle.

In one way, it's true, sewing for them is a pain. I think I've permanently damaged my eyesight making clothes for the supertiny. But in another, the challenge is fun.

Also, not many anthros are made bigger than 30cm, and that's where my interest lies.

11. I only have on 10" girl left, I prefer MSD & SD size, 16"-28" I tried puki size but it was just to small for me.

Linda From Wisconsin

12. I wouldn't buy anything smaller than MSD, not for now especially. Also the thought of paying the same price for an MSD on a doll half the size kind of makes me... D:

13. For me all the dolls, which is less than MSD, are small.

14. For myself, Puki's are too small. MSD's border that but they aren't intolerably small. When we moved I was sure I almost lost my Puki, but she was stuck to the top of the refrigerator... She is too cute for me to let go though, so she stays on her stand most of the time.

15. I never really wanted anything smaller than an MSD. If I ever got more than just my first boy (who is 46cm), I was going to get another MSD and maybe an SD, but definitely no tinies. Well that was before Doll Leaves had it's anniversary event for a 20cm (if you count his ears) Jax. He was the most adorable little bunny and would be perfect for an anthro character of mine named Alice. So I got a Xavor (60cm) that I immediately fell in love with when I was browsing their site and the event Jax. I love him! Since the MSD I have is a mature sculpt, Alice fits in great with him for pictures. He looks like a 6 or 7 year old next to my MSD and a 3 year old next to my SD. I also have a 26cm girl on the way (DS Lili) so I guess 1/2 my dolls are gonna be small, now, and 1/2 bigger. :sweat: As someone already said, you can never say never in this hobby.

Although I did see a little flying monkey (it was a preorder and I forget the brand) that would probably be off topic here that looked the size of my thumb or smaller. I think that would DEFINITELY be too small for me. Unless I used something like that as a doll for my YoSD or something. I think it's too small to stand alone as a "real" bjd.

16. I'm not interested in anything smaller than MSD either, and even that's a stretch. I like adult dolls, and bigger is better. At some point I really want an Iplehouse EID girl. (Especially because my girlfriend will have an EID Arvid and an SID Shane here soon.)

17. I don't really have a size limit, but I love them tiny! :D

18. One of Vancouver locals just bought a bjd that is Maybe a bit bigger than a pukipuki head. Seriously. XD
      It's adorable but omg I would so loose it. XD THAT is too small for me.

19. How small is too small? When you're afraid of losing it or its pieces.

I don't really have a limit. I might be wary of owning one of those super small pukis though (the ones that are maybe two-three inches high).

20. I think like when you can't re-string the doll without tweezers because the joints are just TOO SMALL! I don't think I will go any smaller than a YOSD.