1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How small is too Small?

Oct 14, 2009

1. I've got a 12cm ndoll petit coco and she's about as small as I'd want to go - I can't see the point in all those joints on something smaller as the joints become so noticeable on a teeny tiny doll.

2. Puki sized is the smallest I maybe might possibly who-knows-if-I-ever-will bring myself to go. Their just so teeny and adorable! :D

3. If you want my opinion, I'd say a Fairyland Pukipuki is too small XD

I didn't realize how small they were until I saw one with my own eyes, its so tiny!!

4. I love my lati white and she is my joy! She is somewhat hard to pose sometimes but I still love how tiny she is :) My real puki SOS is so much easier to pose and at the same size. I would get another tiny in a heartbeat!

5. I adore Pukipukis, and they are TINY, but so pose-able, so beautifully made, and so cute!

To be honest I don't really see the point of this thread, you either like very tiny dolls, or you don't. Nobody needs to feel the need to justify their choice either way.

6. It's highly unlikely for me to ever own anything smaller than msd-sized doll, even though there are a lot of nice sculpts of smaller-sized bjds I just have no idea what to do with them =/

7. I prefer SDs but I also like tiny things so even those tiny fairies from Dream High and RealPukis aren't too small for me (although I don't think I'll ever own either)
      in my opinion, "too small" would be a doll that fits in a Puki's hand (if it's even possible to make a BJD that tiny) because I have really terrible eyesight and probably wouldn't be able to see it without the help of a magnifying glass

8. Under pukifee size would be too small for me!

9. If it doesn't have a elbow or knee or wrist joints, then I deem it to small for me! Anything under 15 cm is too small for me.

10. I used to think that PukiPuki's would be too small for me. They are so small, you'd easily loose them. But now that I have one, they are perfect! I can't wait to get more. They are perfect and not as tiny as I thought they'd be.

Too big is more of a problem to me than too small, mostly because big dolls are more difficult to store away.

11. I think nothing would be too small for me! I'm in love with realpuki's, so that's the smallest I dare go ;)

12. The smallest I will go is Littlefee size. I like the biggies too much!

I have almost​ caved on a couple Lati Yellow's though.

13. Nothing is too small. But, I wonder how hard it is to sew for the small dolls. I have an MSD doll right now and I find it hard to make shirts. I wish there was a tiny sewing machine. If I had a smaller doll, it might be even harder. I'm thinking of going bigger for just this reason. I love to sew for humans so I figure an SD doll would be easier. I may be wrong, but that's just my humble opinion.

14. No doll is too small for me. I have tiny 2 1/2 inch dolls and I have dolls up to about 28" and everything between. People sized dolls hold no appeal for me but otherwise I don't care. I think I prefer 16"-24" inches most of the time though. I don't try to sew for the smaller dolls. 16" and up and I can manage it. It's really hard to sew for the tiny ones, I think.

15. Anything smaller than Lati Yellow/Pukifee is too small for me. I have one PukiPuki and I just don't enjoy her at all.

16. As a realpuki owner, I think that is the smallest I'll ever go, and I only want the one I have now (Roro) since I actually don't ADORE the size, just the character and face and amazing posability for how tiny she is! I actually did suede on of her hips with a teensy bit of hot glue, and it's much better now! But restringing her the one time I did was a stupid amount of work, with her being so damn tiny and all. I couldn't even imagine having any of the micro dolls from DHS! *_*
      So really, even though I love my realpuki, I think she's an exception to my size limit. I will probably never get another doll her size or smaller, or even regular puki size ('cause they're the slightest bit bigger!) I do have plans for a roughly pukifee size hybrid, and I think that in general, THAT would be the smallest I'd be willing to go. My realpuki is the exception that makes the rule.

17. I used to have some RealPuki & PukiPuki dolls but eventually i felt they were way too small for me. I sold most of them (only keeping my Puki Piki & Choco Rose) and no longer buy anything smaller then PukiFee/ Lati Yellow size.

18. I actually have no issues with tinies, tho i think anything UNDER pocket fairy could be trouble, but i'd have to get my hands on one to be sure, lol. I have to string my pocketfairy with an embroidery needle XD otherwise the string just doesnt want to go through the torso XD (one part torsos are the bane of my existence)