1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How would you feel if someone gave you BJD clothes as a gift?

Dec 24, 2009

1. How would you feel if your parents, or friends got you BJD clothes but they know nothing about BJDs. They could get you the wrong size, or the wrong style!
      I would be super happy ! Now I start having a nice range of different sizes of on and off topic BJDs, and the ones that could gift me clothes know my dolls well enought to get their style right, so whatever they could get me would be great ! My mum actually once bought clothes for my Hujoos, that are off-topic, and the size and style were just perfect.

Do you prefer for them to just let you pick out all the clothes?
      Not necesseraly, since they know the style of my dolls I know they'll pick something that will suit them !

Would you return it? Regardless of how they'd feel about that?
      Never ! Even if it wasn't right for my dolls, I'll just keep it until I figure some use to it.

Or would you just appreciate their thoughts (and acceptance of BJDs) and keep the clothes?
      I totally would !

2. How would you feel if your parents, or friends got you BJD clothes but they know nothing about BJDs. They could get you the wrong size, or the wrong style!
      I have ONE person in my life that understands my style, so... it probably wouldn't end too well. : /

Do you prefer for them to just let you pick out all the clothes? (That's what I wanted them to do, I said that I wanted to pick them out.)
      That would be my preference. I don't like people buying me ANYTHING without my approval because I'm not particularly good about hiding when I'm NOT crazy about something.

I would never return something given to me unless they offered (i.e. 'I hope you like it, but if you don't, there's a 7 day return window!')

Or would you just appreciate their thoughts (and acceptance of BJDs) and keep the clothes?
      Again, depends on if they offered.

3. No matter what they give me, I would be happy. My doll definitely has a specific style but I wouldn't mind dressing her up in some different clothes. I would just be happy if someone got me doll stuff. This last Christmas my dad got me some MSC and a respirator and I was very grateful.

4. My older sister knitted my favorite doll a wine red sweater. I got to pick out the yarn, and choose the pattern. She is very skilled, and it is gorgeous. I wouldn't trade that little red sweater for ANYTHING!

5. If a man gave me BJD clothes as a gift, regardless of whether they fit the doll or not?

:cool: I'd put a ring on it of course. He's a keeper. :cool:

6. I'm not too sentimental over gifts having to be "surprises", so I think I would prefer to be able to help someone shop for me, but I'd be grateful either way, regardless of whether I like the clothes or if they end up fitting! I'd take lots of photos and show off the gift as much as possible lol.

7. I think I'd like it.
      Even if they didn't fit my current doll (a Resinsoul Mei) I'm saving up for an SD sized boy, and my sister has a 27cm girl, And I've got a couple friends with dolls of various sizes too... so chances are they'd fit someone's dolls.

8. It would make me smile to have someone support my hobby like that, even if they did get the wrong size. It might just make me buy a doll in that size. ;3

I don't think I'd return it. I'd probably be really excited to show it to them being worn, even if I had to order a doll in that size first.

9. I would be extremely happy and grateful that my parents or friends would get me something for my dolls! By giving a gift it would just represent that they a) accepted the hobby and b) purchased something to make me to be happy. It would be nice to be able to put BJD stuff on my Christmas list because my other hobbies are even more difficult to buy for and it would help pad my list with things I wanted or could use. My girlfriend knows what type of styles my doll wears so I will not be surprised if I get some BJD gifts from her! I would most likely keep whatever they bought me and use it for a doll character down the road.

10. How would you feel if your parents, or friends got you BJD clothes but they know nothing about BJDs. They could get you the wrong size, or the wrong style!
      It is cliched but it is the thought that counts! Honestly though I think it would be really sweet of someone to do that. Especially if they got the right style/clothes. My parents think BJDs are weird and ridiculous so it would really surprise me if they got doll clothes for me. But I think this is a better gift than a whole doll, just because I'd personally feel guilty about getting a whole doll.
      Yes I would like this because I would get exactly what I wanted. But it probably would be more fun if they picked something out. It'd be like a grab bag.
      No way, never. It would be a nice and thoughtful gift for my dolls. Even if it wasn't my dolls style I'd probably dress them in it.
      Like the question above I would keep them and probably even dress them up in the clothes.

11. Even if it didn't fit, it's so uncommon for my family to do something like that that I'd keep it, anyway. It would be nice! ...but I don't think it would ever happen.

12. i'd appreciate the though, but I'd ask to choose them myself if possible.
      If they just buy them, well, I'll try to used them at my best ^^

13. How would you feel if your parents, or friends got you BJD clothes but they know nothing about BJDs. They could get you the wrong size, or the wrong style!
      I wouldn't mind and I would think it was really sweet since I've never received gifts for my doll. I have at least one doll in each size so it's bound to fit someone .

Do you prefer for them to just let you pick out all the clothes? (That's what I wanted them to do, I said that I wanted to pick them out.)
      I would let them pick it out. I really like surprises. I might hint out the styles that I like though.

I wouldn't return it. It was something they picked out and thought I would like. I always need more doll clothes.

I would keep it. It was something someone had really thought about and if they're buying me doll clothes, they must really know how much I love the hobby.

14. I would be happy that they went to the effort to do something like that for me, even if the clothes ended up not to my taste i would use them anyway. I wouldn't get rid of them.

15. I had really interesting occurrence some time ago. It happend during meet up in my town. We were trying other owner's clothes on our dolls, exchanging them just to see, how they looked. (It's a great fun by the way) I fell in love with gorgeous long, blue dress for msd. It had many frills, and was beautifully decorated. I asked a girl which lend me it, whether she is willing to sell it. Then she replied, that I can keep it, because it doesn't fit any of her dolls. I'm still soooo happy and grateful for her! :D

16. One of my friends got me clothes at a meet we were both at, but she was already into dolls so knew my dolls size and what her style was. If my friends who didn't know about dolls got me clothes for my doll, they'd probably make me pick them out and pay for them since they have no knowledge, same with my parents too. But my parents do know my dolls styler since they see me making stuff or show them stuff, they'd probably just ask the size. I would either way just keep the clothes, and possibly alter them in a small way if I didn't like them as much/didn't match my dolls style.

17. I would personally feel loved and accepted regardless if it fit or not. I have to hide dolls from certain family members just to not have to hear the crap so if someone knew me well enough to pick it out I would MAKE it work. So for some to figure it out and at least try and be supportive it would mean a lot to me.

18. I would be excited. Even with the wrong size or style. You never know you might pick up a doll in that size later and variety is the spice of life I'm told. So I would probably stash the clothes for a rainy day.

19. If it was say, one of my close friends, who know my characters well, and would be able to purchase the right style/ size, sure! That would be fun. But if it was someone who really didn't know a thing about BJDs/ my characters, I wouldn't be as comfortable with that. It still would be kind of cool, though.

20. How would you feel if your parents, or friends got you BJD clothes but they know nothing about BJDs. They could get you the wrong size, or the wrong style!

I would be happy that they were thinking of me! I would thank them and keep it -- try to modify it to fit if I could. If the style was wrong, I would keep in in case I had a doll who might wear it in the future.

Ideally, yes I'd like to pick the clothes myself. But if theyd like them to be a surprise, I would give them the size I need and some examples of the style Im looking for and what I already have.

Would you return it? Regardless of how they'd feel about that? Or would you just appreciate their thoughts (and acceptance of BJDs) and keep the clothes?
      As I said further up, I dont think I'd return it. Im a big fan of reusing and reinventing things, so I'd try to make it work for me and my doll(s) one way or another!